Battlefield 6

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae

looks kinda meh

might be alright gameplay wise
im impressed by the weather system, can apparently completely change how a map looks (eg tornado makes it dark), means maps arent always the same
but £50 for a multiplayer only game + a battlepass system on top isnt appealing

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
might be alright gameplay wise
im impressed by the weather system, can apparently completely change how a map looks (eg tornado makes it dark), means maps arent always the same
but £50 for a multiplayer only game + a battlepass system on top isnt appealing
80€ for the game when you want it on ps5/series x

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
unknown.png

Philo

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'm honestly disappointed with the "near-future" time period. I would of been much happier if they did some batshit crazy future stuff. Like, imagine conquest on the moon with laser guns and mechs, or a close quarters map set on a space station.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm honestly disappointed with the "near-future" time period. I would of been much happier if they did some batshit crazy future stuff. Like, imagine conquest on the moon with laser guns and mechs, or a close quarters map set on a space station.
This sounds awful, sounds like something call of duty would do since they’re typically close quarters

Philo

Neutrino
Nebulae
This sounds awful, sounds like something call of duty would do since they’re typically close quarters
I mean, you never know. The reason futuristic cod sucked so much is because they never actually took advantage of the futuristic setting, they never shook up the formula. In fact, cod might of ruined everybody's perspective of futuristic shooters by executing the idea so horribly.

Also, Battlefield has had some tight maps. Sure, they were usually chaotic and calling them good might be pushing it, but they existed.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
I mean, you never know. The reason futuristic cod sucked so much is because they never actually took advantage of the futuristic setting, they never shook up the formula. In fact, cod might of ruined everybody's perspective of futuristic shooters by executing the idea so horribly.

Also, Battlefield has had some tight maps. Sure, they were usually chaotic and calling them good might be pushing it, but they existed.
BF has always been large, open maps that allow for traversal and vehicles with handfuls of CQC areas scattered about for infantry. Every BF map (other than the prison one on BF4) that's remembered and enjoyed follows this premise.

Hex: Fatty

ondi
Nebulae
Battlefield Premium existed since BF3 my man
Nah it looks like it's gonna be like a fortnite or COD Warzone one literally where say if you want a skin if you don't have the battlepass, after the pass is over you won't get the chance to ever get it again.

Also they're adding different operators so I'm pretty sure there will be skins.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
Nah it looks like it's gonna be like a fortnite or COD Warzone one literally where say if you want a skin if you don't have the battlepass, after the pass is over you won't get the chance to ever get it again.

Also they're adding different operators so I'm pretty sure there will be skins.
i find that to be the least egregious form of monetisation, if longevity of a game is what you want then someone or something has to pay the server rent money as well as future dev work etc...

Philo

Neutrino
Nebulae
BF has always been large, open maps that allow for traversal and vehicles with handfuls of CQC areas scattered about for infantry. Every BF map (other than the prison one on BF4) that's remembered and enjoyed follows this premise.
I only mentioned the CQC map because one of my favorite maps was Operation Locker. It was about as pleasant of an experience as a heart attack, but it was the "so bad its good" kind of bad. While BF's normal premise is still a great formula used by every game in the main series, there's something oddly enjoyable about a chaotic bloodbath in a tight map with 64 players.