Serious Bring Back WW3RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
rules would have to be tight though as there'd soon be some one-man rambo loophole going on
I'd say just make it so that one insurgent can't just go ahead and try to glack a full fireteam by themselves, something like 1 insurgent per 3 infantrymen, excluding armoured vehicles and ordnance. And even then that's p laxed.

Could just forbid them from attacking without backup entirely, and give 'em a PK if they do.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
base it off this war of mine and not real world conflicts
when it comes to world building an established place/time is needed

it works in this war of mine because the experience isn't going to last as long, and because the surrounding world isn't important

but for a gamemode to be like it mechanically speaking, it would require a place/setting mostly for world building but also to secure future events/lore stuff

it cant just be unnamed location in unknown country, and it should also make sense

but hey i mean if some dudes can cook up a conflict that makes sense and is also reasonably established then im game

Holymilk

Nucleus
Nebulae
fixed by using the hl2rp model

if you die as insurgent in a fight you get pkd
I was going to be more laxed on pk idea and just have it be like capture=pk, which is more extreme than WW3RP's approach.

Perhaps due to that nature, there will be less restrictions on what weapons to use in firefights then. (for the insurgents)

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
when it comes to world building an established place/time is needed

it works in this war of mine because the experience isn't going to last as long, and because the surrounding world isn't important

but for a gamemode to be like it mechanically speaking, it would require a place/setting mostly for world building but also to secure future events/lore stuff

it cant just be unnamed location in unknown country, and it should also make sense

but hey i mean if some dudes can cook up a conflict that makes sense and is also reasonably established then im game

then make it a named place in a fictional country - it's not exactly difficult to create a half-decent story

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I was going to be more laxed on pk idea and just have it be like capture=pk, which is more extreme than WW3RP's approach.

Perhaps due to that nature, there will be less restrictions on what weapons to use in firefights then. (for the insurgents)
if you pick the insurgent life it shouldn't be fun

if you make it capture only then people will game the system like they did in ww3rp and only go for captures to maximize pks/ruining the fun
then make it a named place in a fictional country - it's not exactly difficult to create a half-decent story

aiaininja

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae

All resistance should be discouraged from both an IC and OOC standpoint. The real purpose of the gamemode would be to explore the intrinsic values of the populace facing extreme conditions and perhaps the point to which they are broken.

One thing I think should be settled is the religious majority of the country, should anyone in the future properly invision this idea with the base of a fictional location, as it can allow for much development.

D

Deleted member 1381

i like the idea of nato being the 'good guys' and having to treat pow's relatively nicely while the insurgents will treat nato pows like complete shit

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
All resistance should be discouraged from both an IC and OOC standpoint. The real purpose of the gamemode would be to explore the intrinsic values of the populace facing extreme conditions and perhaps the point to which they are broken.

One thing I think should be settled is the religious majority of the country, should anyone in the future properly invision this idea with the base of a fictional location, as it can allow for much development.
i dont think religion is an important part of it unless you specifically make the conflict, in which the population have to survive in, be heavily based on religion in the first place

aiaininja

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i dont think religion is an important part of it unless you specifically make the conflict, in which the population have to survive in, be heavily based on religion in the first place
I meant more in a sense of:
9anT3MK_zps3ytciut3.png

However I see your point and should've made it clearer in my OP x

Mickee

Proton
Nebulae
It could maybe work if there was actually a segregation of ranks between role players and people who play just for s2k
Why not cut it up, during events which would be hosted 2-3 times a week S2K is active, after that it is mostly RP based and if S2K is witnessed the players would be punished with IC things (PT, etc).

Mickee

Proton
Nebulae
WW1RP wouldn't work because it'd become redundant. it wasn't all trench warfare but i doubt it would work
WW2RP would work but the playerbase would turn everything into a heh did nazi that coming jew mad lol meme
vietnam RP would be one big meme

the playerbase was the issue with WW3, not the mechanics. people didnt appreciate the ranking structure, authority was based on ooc popularity. many more but i dont think naming them would matter now
Why not a civil war conflict that is completely fiction taking place in Ukraine with two opposing government sides, one being the rebels and the other being a powerful military group. This whole thing would be based off RP and S2K being around here and there

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
i replayed mirrors edge recently and it alludes to entirely fictitious countries in the middle east in a believable 2 paragraph story

i'm sure with proper time and setup some sort of middle-east conflict could brew with some basic "key-points" in the storyline dictated that allow for sides to make changes in what battles do come about

although honestly you could do that with any nation

in my opinion, ww3 has been dead for just long enough for people to be interested in the idea of it yet some of the diehard playerse (tumors included) won't come back due to life changes or just boredom

it'd be a risk but launching a server for a short time as a test phase would seem kinda cool

just don't use the same staff ofc and ban the previous troublemakers

D

Deleted member 1381

the whole civil war thing might work but the country would have to be selected carefully. e.g ukraine like you said, all it'd be is motherland vodka nahui RELALY crazy russian liberating land

i mean honestly im still hoping for a WW2 server but i know its not going to happen

on the topic of insurgents vs a superior power how about some sort of polish or french resistance vs occupation german forces? i know a lot of people dont want an occupational RP server but i mean it'd be practically the same just in a different time period. if anyone wants motivation for this type of server then give The Pianist a watch

Mickee

Proton
Nebulae
the whole civil war thing might work but the country would have to be selected carefully. e.g ukraine like you said, all it'd be is motherland vodka nahui RELALY crazy russian liberating land

i mean honestly im still hoping for a WW2 server but i know its not going to happen

on the topic of insurgents vs a superior power how about some sort of polish or french resistance vs occupation german forces? i know a lot of people dont want an occupational RP server but i mean it'd be practically the same just in a different time period. if anyone wants motivation for this type of server then give The Pianist a watch
I would play a French Resistance VS the German Army, sounds actually really interesting.

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
I really do miss WW3 and was really quite sad to see it devolving whilst I was at uni.
As echoed by many others in this thread it always came down purely to the player base in regards to the mentality.

As a CO it was impossible to satisfy everyone. It was even harder to try to promote changes when faced with a group of tight knit S2K NCOs who ignored and worked against this.

For me personally, the best few months of the server were during the Nato/Sov reboot in early 2017. Everyone seemed determined to do their best until the kill hunting started again.

I've never much liked the HL2 RP experience, not to shun those that do. But if WW3 or an iteration of it ever resurfaces then I would gladly dive into it and help out where I could.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I enjoyed the time I had while it lasted. Would I play it if it was brought back? Depends who else came back really. If it was the same playerbase that complained about certain issues about seriousness, then proceeded to act unserious, then no. Honestly, being in leadership was great because it felt you could actually make a difference in regards to the behavior of your members, or at least, so long as you were online (and staff).

I'll always look back fondly during the first week of WW3RP in Snowy Korea and then Turkey. It was those two campaigns that I never used mic/ts3 and it was the best times I've ever had on WW3RP. With all the OOC that eventually go involved into the game, the fun was bound to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.