Serious Bring Back WW3RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
no, an opposing faction. If the players were globalist, then the enemy is coalition.

Yget me?
yeah ofcourse but what i meant that, when conflict is bound to happen, who is going to play that enemy faction if all players are on one? event chars or ncps, or what?

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
yeah ofcourse but what i meant that, when conflict is bound to happen, who is going to play that enemy faction if all players are on one? event chars or ncps, or what?

Mixture imo, and since dying to an NPC is hard PK's on death

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Mixture imo, and since dying to an NPC is hard PK's on death
it's all just a pipe dream anyway because im fairly sure you'd have to rebuild all the ww3rp stuff onto helix seeing as y'all are moving to that or whatever soon enough over on hl2rp

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
it's all just a pipe dream anyway because im fairly sure you'd have to rebuild all the ww3rp stuff onto helix seeing as y'all are moving to that or whatever soon enough over on hl2rp

if it's as easy as it is on clockwork tbh it wouldn't be too hard to make the base schema

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
if it's as easy as it is on clockwork tbh it wouldn't be too hard to make the base schema
yeah but still it's not really desired to have another rerun by upper management i'd imagine

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
If it were a single faction a lot of things wouldn't be necessary from a development perspective

While there still would be loads there's definitely less needed.

Reactions: List

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Yes but most of this is put down to the poor attitude displayed by players and staff.
and obviously you can't be a caustic retard to an AI or event system

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
tfw you'll never experience wulfeh-lead globalists, abusive arc patrols, uctf aug memes, m24 over-poweredness and many other nostalgic moments
2f1ff7d5def35c3184c208435cafd452.jpg

D

Deleted member 1381

i always liked the idea of COs/SCOs actually planning stuff out in a meeting room together, i.e COPs or mined areas, or even just planning patrols. got the captain(s), major, lieutenants and all that jazz putting their two cents in and coming up with something logical whether it was about patrols/S2K or other on-base issues

that's something i'd really enjoy. branches could work together with their respective officers/branch leads(whatever the rank) coming together to increase field efficiency. NCOs could even be dragged in every so often(especially the more 'seasoned' ones) and be asked to give their input. RP would be good and it would feel like actual wartime rather than just throwing troops into the field like they're running out of fashion

especially incorporating the air force into more field missions, rather than the air force as a whole being a meme. i know i was responsible for the soviet side of the air force and that turned out to be a bit of a shithole but, as said, trying to fix things by that point would of been social suicide

Last edited by a moderator:

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae

jHLSpU5.png

vwmpn.jpg

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days

On topic:
Honestly WW3RP has been dome many times at this point I dunno if I could be arsed to play again, you can only do so much with the same scenario (if we got back to globs vs coals that is). And like what everyone else has said, RP should be #1 (kinda sad I have to say that for a ROLEPLAY server) and S2K extremely limited or non-existent.

D

Deleted member 3818

what about summin like mid invasion of the US, a main civilian faction of people trying to survive in a war torn city, the invading military force and some sort of resistance faction.

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
i just want a futuristic sci fi milsim is that so much to ASK

D

Deleted member 1158

what about summin like mid invasion of the US, a main civilian faction of people trying to survive in a war torn city, the invading military force and some sort of resistance faction.
So Homefront basically?

D

Deleted member 3818

So Homefront basically?
I guess so yeah but not to the point where north korea or whatever has the country under control, the city would essentially be a lawless wasteland where civilians are given no support and rely on themselves to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.