Serious Bring Back WW3RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
ww3rp is a heaven for retards who want to s2k but for some reason dont want to launch a game built for shooting
the roleplay, at least for me, was only good on modern lore LP and a bit of old lore LP.

If WW3RP ever came back it'd have to be fully one side or the other, a semi-serious s2k fuckfest or hardline RP with no S2K.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
ww3rp is a heaven for retards who want to s2k but for some reason dont want to launch a game built for shooting
the roleplay, at least for me, was only good on modern lore LP and a bit of old lore LP.

If WW3RP ever came back it'd have to be fully one side or the other, a semi-serious s2k fuckfest or hardline RP with no S2K.
Because they can't ruin other people's fun in doom or any other shooting game tbh

I'm p sure I saw a post from someone a while back saying "its only fun bc im ruining rp for other people" or something similar.

Reactions: List

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Because they can't ruin other people's fun in doom or any other shooting game tbh

I'm p sure I saw a post from someone a while back saying "its only fun bc im ruining rp for other people" or something similar.
That’s a really dumb reason

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
unsure how embracing the chaos is a good idea man

best parts of ww3 were the roleplay, not le epic deathmatching

that's what im feeling from this thread
majority of the time spent on Arma 3 is doing everything else but combat really, like patrols and stuff/setting up fortifications

on such large maps as Altis/Tanoa you'll actually not find stuff to shoot at most of the time when its player v player

TFAR and stuff really makes it immersive, and would without a doubt replace the roleplay aspect in that sense since people are actively communicating over radios and 3D prox chat, making it more like a milsim which in itself is ""roleplay""

but as said, its a pipe dream since bohemia have some wack ass subscription/donation rules that make it nigh impossible to have a server on there with the way we do subscription benefits

Holymilk

Nucleus
Nebulae
I like the idea of having a conflict where a larger, advanced army "invades" another inferior, but unconventional force. The conventional army have better infantry weaponry, large mechanized ability, and discipline (in the eyes of everyone else). The other side can be turned to either an insurgent force with soviet-era weaponry, or weapons of supporting nations alongside shit-tier mechanized ability, or an inferior army who only have the advantage of surprise when it comes to counter-attacks.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
In the event of finding another server, the answer should lie in our ability to make new things - or at least try something we haven't before.

WW3RP has now been through so many iterations and variations, so many leads and lores (You know which one I and a select few others cared for and which we didn't) that to return to it AGAIN would honestly be insanity.

I believe our resourceful community of players should turn their attention to a gamemode that is not entirely our own, one that has name recognition, but also one that seems to struggle to be right and sustainable at smaller or newer communities.

Fallout NV:RP, would be my suggestion.

But that isn't what this thread is for, so I am sorry for going off topic.
WW3 is more suited to ARMA - but there are a hundred established ARMA:RP communities with autistic attention to detail that it would be invariably outclassed.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
In the event of finding another server, the answer should lie in our ability to make new things - or at least try something we haven't before.

WW3RP has now been through so many iterations and variations, so many leads and lores (You know which one I and a select few others cared for and which we didn't) that to return to it AGAIN would honestly be insanity.

I believe our resourceful community of players should turn their attention to a gamemode that is not entirely our own, one that has name recognition, but also one that seems to struggle to be right and sustainable at smaller or newer communities.

WW3 is more suited to ARMA - but there are a hundred established ARMA:RP communities with autistic attention to detail that it would be invariably outclassed.
Grass’ fallout is making a comeback

Mistiare

Professional Pastebin Analyser
Nebulae
i once again am very sorry i was out of the country for it

The event probably wouldn't have actually happened without your help man, even if you were out of the country you did significantly more than the majority of the staff team in total.

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae

Fuck yeah I wanna make fallout event posters

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
its a good idea but it'd just turn out dead autistic like that last server that did it because you have the ncr hated by some little wack ass 'le epic hate commie' civilian political party that retropirate orchestrated to cause a massive split in the community, leading to that server's downward spiral.

it's good on paper, but people's ooc hatred and preferences always ruin it - maybe it can be tried though.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
if anything doing event-type scenarios every now and then would be equally interesting

it doesn't even have to be an open sever per-say, it can just exist as something secondary in the community outside of gmod based roleplay for people to do imo

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
its a good idea but it'd just turn out dead autistic like that last server that did it because you have the ncr hated by some little wack ass 'le epic hate commie' civilian political party that retropirate orchestrated to cause a massive split in the community, leading to that server's downward spiral.

it's good on paper, but people's ooc hatred and preferences always ruin it - maybe it can be tried though.
Major political dramas such as that should be events imo

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Major political dramas such as that should be events imo
it was a good idea to make a political party just to create some form of ic alignment that people could bond to depending on their character's morals, but it just ended up causing a split in the community - mainly because it was lead by retards but then again the ncr players were hardcore LARPers that took everything ooc very quick also.

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Would it be incredibly difficult to utilise an event server outside of HL2RP? Why not continue some WW3RP events to actually finish it off? Shrug

Why not let people test their HaloRP by doing an event or smth for like 2 hours (using halo as an example)

Could be something cool for the community to try imo
[doublepost=1528221636][/doublepost]
Can we just lock this thread already, it's not coming back guys and the people to blame for that are the original WW3RP community members and the corrupt staff members helping run it. Let sleeping dogs lie.
What? People are enjoying themselves on this thread don’t be a buzzkill.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Solaris - @York

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Can we just lock this thread already, it's not coming back guys and the people to blame for that are the original WW3RP community members and the corrupt staff members helping run it. Let sleeping dogs lie.
>contribute nothing to thread
>people are having healthy discussion
>come into thread and act like a buzzkill
>ask for thread to be locked

stay classy

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What? People are enjoying themselves on this thread don’t be a buzzkill.
>contribute nothing to thread
>people are having healthy discussion
>come into thread and act like a buzzkill
>ask for thread to be locked

stay classy
I know what you mean, but each constructive comment and nostalgic look back is outclassed by another two or three negative, really rude posts from people who just can't seem to accept what's happened to WW3RP. That's my thoughts on it anyway, feel free to disagree of course.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I know what you mean, but each constructive comment and nostalgic look back is outclassed by another two or three negative, really rude posts from people who just can't seem to accept what's happened to WW3RP. That's my thoughts on it anyway, feel free to disagree of course.
just a bit ironic that you always feel the need to reminisce on getting hl2rp operator in loads of threads but when people want to reminisce about ww3rp you ask for the thread to be locked

my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.