The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Confirmed it will not have a Zombie mode. Thank god

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
right so, this isn't actually mw4 yeah
they're just planning to reboot the entire series from all over again, here's some news from The Verge:

MW_Reveal_04_wm.0.png

By the end of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, a lot had happened in the series, from nuclear devastation to a Russian invasion of the US. So when the developers at Infinity Ward started plotting out the next game in the series, they realized something — they needed a clean slate.

“There were just so many things that made it bear no resemblance to the world we see today,” explains Jacob Minkoff, single-player design director on the new Modern Warfare. “To make a new Modern Warfare game in 2019, we had to put to bed that old storyline. But it’s still Modern Warfare.”

That’s the reason why the next game in the series, announced today, is simply called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, as opposed to Modern Warfare 4. It’s not a sequel, but more of a soft reboot, akin to last year’s reimagining of God of War from Sony Santa Monica.

The developers liken it to when Daniel Craig took over as James Bond; it’s the same general setting and characters, but with a grittier tone. The new Modern Warfare will feature familiar characters, including the likes of the fan-favorite Captain Price, but places them in a more modern context. “We wanted to bring them back and given them a new
life, more fully fleshed out, more tonally mature,” says Minkoff.

MW_Reveal_02_wm.png

The main reason for this shift, according to Minkoff, is so the story can more closely mirror the real world. That doesn’t mean Modern Warfare will feature recreations of real conflicts or situations, but instead offer scenarios inspired by them. The team at Infinity Ward use the phrase “ripped from the headlines” a lot.

Here’s how Minkoff explains the game’s relationship with real-world conflicts:

Generally what we want to do is be true to the spirit of modern conflict, but not to reproduce any specific events or specific conflicts. And that’s for a couple of reasons. The biggest one is that it would tie our hands as developers. If we were going to specifically retell something that was happening within the timeframe of us starting to develop the game, who knows where that would go by the time we were done. It takes three years to make one of these games. So we could find ourselves being in a position where we’ve completely gone off the rails and are in strange and offensive territory.

We also could end up in a place where we have a cool gameplay idea, but that didn’t happen in the real world, so we can’t do that. We want to be able to make the most interesting, compelling, emotionally impactful gameplay scenarios we can think of, and we want to separate ourselves just enough from the real world to give ourselves that freedom.

The game will feature a single-player story campaign that’s split into two halves. In one you’ll play as a high-ranking special ops soldier, and in the other you’re a rebel fighter in the Middle East. As the game is also an incredibly realistic and violent shooter, there’s a lot of potential for problematic or disturbing moments, virtual situations that won’t square nicely with what is ultimately an entertainment product about firing guns. It’s a fine line, but Minkoff says that it’s important to show these more troubling aspects of war, in order to give players a better understanding of the reality.

“We know that we aren’t going to please everybody, but we’re doing our absolute best to handle complex subject material with honor, with respect, with sensitivity,” he says. The development team uses the internal tagline “Jaws not Saw,” with a stated goal of having violence that’s intense and mature, instead of overly gratuitous and gory.

Modern Warfare isn’t necessarily trying to get across a specific political message with its present-day narrative, but there is at least one thing Minkoff hopes players get out of the experience. “I want you to have empathy,” he says. “I want you to walk a mile in the shoes of these characters, and step away from this game understanding more about what they face.”

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
This is going to be a good Call of Duty and the first I'm going to buy since Black Ops 2

New engine

Current affairs

Captain Price

It literally has everything. Tbh I was tired of CoD being fucking Mass Effect in fucking year 3451, I was expecting to see Darth Vader as the villain in one of the latest CoDs or something ffs.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
the original makers of CoD Modern Warfare 1/2/3 seem to be working on this remake(?). Loved all three Modern Warfare games, kind of hyped to see how this one turns out, now that I know who's developing it
5e2d30f9c4bda096bbd55455f98d6558.jpg

2acce9c6440200cf493c6538769ea267.png

9ed22bcdc5829e18b1fbb31a02b349b3.png

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
multiplayer trailer seems solid to me, there are tanks and shit in the trailer so i assume either a new gamemode with bigger map or just bigger maps in general

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
multiplayer trailer seems solid to me, there are tanks and shit in the trailer so i assume either a new gamemode with bigger map or just bigger maps in general

Gameplay looks like its ripped off from those f2p shooters like s.k.i.l.l

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
taking this back

holy shit this actually looks good what the fuck

Did you watch any live footage? Call of duty if officially stepping towards Battlefields type of gameplay grounds. This is what all fans wanted, a mixture of action packed COD with some tactical thinking that doesn't involve throwing nades from across the map and hope to hit someone when they spawn in S&D.

GustavasSve

Don’t forget Hawaii!
Nebulae
Meanwhile I’m still waiting for cod waw remastered ;(

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
since my PC can't run the game, i watched a video of the whole campaign and holy shit am i hyped for the next game

one day ill get a new pc and play this just for the sake of it

zakhaev and victor, soap, gaz, ghost, shepherd, al asaad and makarov