News Changes to premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
then why you got donations up if you can pay for it?

Because we're a business as well. We don't just pay the bills for the community and pocket the rest, it goes toward future projects and unexpected expenses. There's no reason for us to go into detail about our revenue and expenses.

You didn't really think that trough did you? They don't force you to donate, donating is for the people that just want to help out the servers with some money.

You're completely right.

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
Because we're a business as well. We don't just pay the bills for the community and pocket the rest, it goes toward future projects and unexpected expenses. There's no reason for us to go into detail about our revenue and expenses.

A reason to go into detail about revenue & expenses would be for transparency, allowing premium members to see how the money paid (Not donated) is being spent for some peace of mind. A concern for me was this: "Is the extra money going towards the server or the future projects unrelated to the GMOD servers?"

But at the end of the day, while I would like for all the money to go towards the servers: it's a business -and therefore it's really none of my concern what the business owners do with the said money. Especially if doing others projects gives them a reason to maintain what I'm currently enjoying.

/pointless rant

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
A reason to go into detail about revenue & expenses would be for transparency, allowing premium members to see how the money paid (Not donated) is being spent for some peace of mind. A concern for me was this: "Is the extra money going towards the server or the future projects unrelated to the GMOD servers?"

But at the end of the day, while I would like for all the money to go towards the servers: it's a business -and therefore it's really none of my concern what the business owners do with the said money. Especially if doing others projects gives them a reason to maintain what I'm currently enjoying.

/pointless rant

Well Premium is a service that is purchased as you said, so as long as we provide that service (the additional benefits) then I don't see any reason to go into detail either. The only people I think we need to be transparent with is @Roosebud and @Blackquill and as far as I'm aware they're fine with how everything in that area is handled and they know we're not pushing them for more Premium members to be greedy.

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
Well Premium is a service that is purchased as you said, so as long as we provide that service (the additional benefits) then I don't see any reason to go into detail either. The only people I think we need to be transparent with is @Roosebud and @Blackquill and as far as I'm aware they're fine with how everything in that area is handled and they know we're not pushing them for more Premium members to be greedy.
Well put it this way, we aren't spending 900 dollary-doos on stolen gamemodes...

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
oyKnAxv.jpg

someone has probably beat me to it

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Somewhat related question: Will donations be opened back anytime?

Probably not. We really appreciate everyone who has donated and anyone who wanted to but whilst introducing the new payment system we're also trying to consolidate it all to make managing the finances a little simpler.

21ml

Gillette, the best a man can get
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Probably not. We really appreciate everyone who has donated and anyone who wanted to but whilst introducing the new payment system we're also trying to consolidate it all to make managing the finances a little simpler.

But I have $1.36AUD left in my account from Christmas/Birthday last year and I want to donate it to fix my ocd.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
i want to applaud @`impulse for the wankiest post i've ever read

someone's done a sales course
Hello Warwick,

I understand that you are not happy with the way the post was written. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations. However, we here at the nebulous Community Forums wish to make your stay here as pleasant as possible, so rest assured that we are always trying to improve our communication with fellow community members. Thank you for your feedback! Have a great day.

`impulse
Head Staff at nebulous

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Hello Warwick,

I understand that you are not happy with the way the post was written. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations. However, we here at the nebulous Community Forums wish to make your stay here as pleasant as possible, so rest assured that we are always trying to improve our communication with fellow community members. Thank you for your feedback! Have a great day.

`impulse
Head Staff at nebulous
pizza pug abuser!!!

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hello Warwick,

`impulse
Head Staff at nebulous
★★★★☆

good service, might come back in future if they change the chicken tenders to gluten free

Status
Not open for further replies.