News Changes to premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
If there was a way to prove I was poor, could there be a way for me to get premium by doing a civic service? I cant afford it. I think we should look into it as a lot of people below the poverty line have a lot of things to deal with and the server helping them would be great

Get a job. Or maybe, just an idea here, try allocating what money you do have toward the things you actually need instead of a roleplay community, y'know, fiscal responsibility can go a long way and allow you to save up some change to donate later in the future. The server is not obligated to help poor people, the server has costs of their own to deal with. What's next, giving out premium to people who are of a minority group because they have a lot of things to deal with too? Spend less time roleplaying and more time working, this ain't the welfare office.

Also what you all don't know is that the secret project is an anarchy Minecraft server where I just fly around with creative mode and spam withers on people who say mean things about cats.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Fingers crossed for a new and refreshing RP idea that hasn't been tried before, at least with satisfying results.

i'd be happy with that

as long as its self sustainable

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Fingers crossed for a new and refreshing RP idea that hasn't been tried before, at least with satisfying results.
I mean I had this age old suggestion that was never turned down but never approved where it was an alternative to the types of OL we tried (Canals, Coast & OL) where it was a kinda king of the hill kinda scenario reminiscent of This War of Mine where CP's and Rebs fought over a broken nexus in a contested city and once per week they could try to claim the nexus from the other faction and get all the goodies it comes with. Meanwhile outside of the nexus it was just a nomansland of rubble, shells and xenians, where both sides would have to scavenge for supplies whilst having to avoid the xenians.

The initial idea was there'd be no OTA so it'd be purely rebels vs CP's but with the addition of conscripts it'd be even better tbh.

Kawa

Special K
Nebulae
I just want this server to go well before its end days, whenever that'll be. Because Hl2rp is probably going to be dead forever once Nebulous is gone

Starless

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'd be perfectly happy with Premium getting a reduced ooc cooldown in exchange for that extra euro charge.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
The pricing for our premium membership will be changing. Right off the bat, the new pricing is £5.99/month. We came to this conclusion that this was necessary after considering a few things.

We've integrated a different payment provider
You'll see that the checkout process is a little bit different. You can still pay with PayPal or a credit/debit card, but we're utilzing a new payment processing company that handles a lot of logistical things way better than we ever could have, which makes our lives a lot easier both now, and in the long run.

More players are joining every day
New players are always joining nebulous, and more players means more costs to continue keeping things running as smoothly as possible. Optimizing code can only help so much - sometimes you just need some more raw hardware to support the extra load, and that's what we're doing.

We're working on new projects
There are always a few things that we have brewing in the nebulous ideas vault, and we've been experimenting with some of them as of late. Some of these ideas require tools or infrastructure to help them become realized into things that we can show you sometime soon™. Keep an eye out!

If you're already a premium member, you can continue to pay the previous price of £4.99/month for the next two months through PayPal. Of course, you're free to cancel at any time you wish. After those two months, we will cancel all PayPal subscriptions and you will have to resubscribe through the new payment system to continue receiving your premium member benefits. If you aren't a premium member and you're quick enough to be one of the first 5 new subscribers, you can use the code OUTLANDSWEN to get 25% off your first month of premium. WOW!

We hope you can understand why we decided to bump the price, and we're looking forward to showing you what we have in store.

can't you just pay it out with your own money
don't people have fucking jobs anymore?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
can't you just pay it out with your own money
don't people have fucking jobs anymore?

No? We’re not going to pay the server bills out of pocket. We already did that when we started and we won’t go back to it.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
No? We’re not going to pay the server bills out of pocket. We already did that when we started and we won’t go back to it.
then why you got donations up if you can pay for it?

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
then why you got donations up if you can pay for it?

You didn't really think that trough did you? They don't force you to donate, donating is for the people that just want to help out the servers with some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.