News Changes to premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You got defensive rather fast about a rather deeming point,

you get a lot of cash per year, but you need more? i'm confused, sorry.

server hosting costs a fuckton and if they want to charge more for premium that's perfectly understandable

i'm just curious as to what's provoked it is all, more than likely it'll be a good thing

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

No. We don't.
[doublepost=1507153214][/doublepost]
server hosting costs a fuckton and if they want to charge more for premium that's perfectly understandable

i'm just curious as to what's provoked it is all, more than likely it'll be a good thing

We were asked a lot to add a better payment method because some couldn't use PayPal or didn't have a card linked to their account. The new system has increased fees and we have rising costs.

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
No. We don't.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything here, but I just didn't see a problem with the current pricing.
That's all really.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Not really, all I did was tell him that money hasn't 'disappeared' which it hasn't and nobody said it had.

Read the post, impulse gives you three reasons.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm not trying to be an ass or anything here, but I just didn't see a problem with the current pricing.

If £1 extra is a problem then don't resubscribe. I'm not here to give you a hard sell, if the community can sustain itself financially then that's great but if not then the server bills won't get paid; It's really that simple.

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae

If you have quarrels how money is spent please take it to pm's, i suppose...

editeroni: I mean, having premium membership doesn't make you entitled to anything. You choose to support the server in turn you got some extra goodies. The trade ends there, it's not your money anymore.

Reactions: List

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Can I get gold membership for $10 monthly

Flippy

stoner rp
Nebulae
I've been paying the £4.99 since neb opened, I get none of the perks and I don't mind spending the extra £1.00 and it's not like I'm loaded.

I like the community and want to support it, if you disagree with the extra pound, then as @alex said, just don't pay it but I honestly don't mind supporting the community and I don't think it's right for any of us to question what it is he spends the money on.

We are donators, not share holders.

Nebulae
this is great for normal players. WE see less annoying donators walking around being dumb, the community probably gets more money overall, and the minor bonuses to being a donator aren't even being changed. no one's losing out except those dumb, big, fat, dumb greedy donators who just donate for those minor ic benefits

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
You got more than 1700£ from single donations + almost a year and a half of multiple people paying 5£ every month yet you still need more money to improvise the servers so it's not 200 ping and to fund your new projects. And no don't get me wrong a 1 pound change isn't much but i wonder where all that money has dissapeared to a point where you need to raise the donation payment fee in order to keep the servers stable.
Starting up initially takes a bit more money since you have to purchase the required hardware/software to get started. We have recurring fees that we have to pay. Some of these bills are monthly (our dedicated servers and related tools) and some of them are yearly (software licenses like teamspeak and xenforo, domain name, etc). These licenses get expensive - a couple hundred for one piece of software(!!!) We also need to allocate more money towards new things to try and expand, which is usually more purchases or software licenses. An additional 25-30% is also deducted due to taxes and transaction fees.

There are a lot of things that go into the community that you might not necessarily see as a player, so I can see how it would seem like we've gotten a bunch of money and are just asking for more, but it starts getting expensive as you start to grow. These aren't donations per se, this is a subscription for a service. If you don't think the price is justified for the things you get, then you don't have to buy it. That's just how it goes!

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
my jewishness makes me want to cancel
then i remember that when i do actually come on the server i almost always use PET and bgs
guess thats another 10kr a month gone......

21ml

Gillette, the best a man can get
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Once I start getting paid I plan on donating. Shame I'll miss the OUTLANDSWEN though.

The code is still available, for anyone that's about to buy.

Last edited:

Khaatamul Nasheed

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
If there was a way to prove I was poor, could there be a way for me to get premium by doing a civic service? I cant afford it. I think we should look into it as a lot of people below the poverty line have a lot of things to deal with and the server helping them would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.