News Changes to premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebulae
I couldn't pay with paypal before always asking for a credit card. Now I can fuckin' subscribe. Thanks for the change, good company.

Hamilton

Proton
Nebulae
The pricing for our premium membership will be changing. Right off the bat, the new pricing is £5.99/month. We came to this conclusion that this was necessary after considering a few things.

We've integrated a different payment provider
You'll see that the checkout process is a little bit different. You can still pay with PayPal or a credit/debit card, but we're utilzing a new payment processing company that handles a lot of logistical things way better than we ever could have, which makes our lives a lot easier both now, and in the long run.

More players are joining every day
New players are always joining nebulous, and more players means more costs to continue keeping things running as smoothly as possible. Optimizing code can only help so much - sometimes you just need some more raw hardware to support the extra load, and that's what we're doing.

We're working on new projects
There are always a few things that we have brewing in the nebulous ideas vault, and we've been experimenting with some of them as of late. Some of these ideas require tools or infrastructure to help them become realized into things that we can show you sometime soon™. Keep an eye out!

If you're already a premium member, you can continue to pay the previous price of £4.99/month for the next two months through PayPal. Of course, you're free to cancel at any time you wish. After those two months, we will cancel all PayPal subscriptions and you will have to resubscribe through the new payment system to continue receiving your premium member benefits. If you aren't a premium member and you're quick enough to be one of the first 5 new subscribers, you can use the code OUTLANDSWEN to get 25% off your first month of premium. WOW!

We hope you can understand why we decided to bump the price, and we're looking forward to showing you what we have in store.
I would prefer keep paying with paypal but... Whatever

Reactions: List

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if you're charging 5.99 a month now

I want a outlands pass

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
i don't mean to stir shit but surely the fact that you guys need people donating for more means that there are less people here rather than more? it's not like server slots have gone up at all and as far as i'm aware that's the main money sink that donation money goes into
The servers aren't the only thing that people use in the community - there are a fair amount of people that use the forums exclusively, or more often than they play on any of the servers.

I don't know about WW3RP but HL2RP's been running like shit lately.

200 ping is average ping now.
This is one of the things that we want to improve on as soon as possible.

I would prefer keep paying with paypal but... Whatever
You definitely can still use PayPal.

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Well then, that would explain why my paypal got blocked.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
I have no issues with any of this but ive been hearing about this new project for like three years so

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
I have no issues with any of this but ive been hearing about this new project for like three years so
We cycle through a bunch of different ideas and scrap them if they don't end up working out for whatever reason. There is usually more than one project that we're working on at once. It's not as easy as dropping a new server and hoping it works.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We cycle through a bunch of different ideas and scrap them if they don't end up working out for whatever reason. There is usually more than one project that we're working on at once. It's not as easy as dropping a new server and hoping it works.

so it is a new server?

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You got more than 1700£ from single donations + almost a year and a half of multiple people paying 5£ every month yet you still need more money to improvise the servers so it's not 200 ping and to fund your new projects. And no don't get me wrong a 1 pound change isn't much but i wonder where all that money has dissapeared to a point where you need to raise the donation payment fee in order to keep the servers stable.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You got more than 1800£ from single donations + almost a year and a half of multiple people paying 5£ every month yet you still need more money to improvise the servers so it's not 200 ping and to fund your new projects. And no don't get me wrong a 1 pound change isn't much but i wonder where all that money has dissapeared to a point where you need to raise the donation payment fee in order to keep the servers stable.

ConspiracyTheories-300x198.jpg

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
but i wonder where all that money has dissapeared to
Oh it hasn't disappeared, we didn't even say it did or has

If you don't want premium, don't get it - we really don't care. People asked us for something like premium and we gave them it.

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Oh it hasn't disappeared, we didn't even say it did or has

If you don't want premium, don't get it - we really don't care.

You got defensive rather fast about a rather deeming point,

you get a lot of cash per year, but you need more? i'm confused, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.