Serious City 8 Redux

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Update concerning this forum post
From this point onwards I will no longer be posting minimal changes on this forum, these will remain on my discord (linked on the first post), instead I will be posting "updates" featuring a list of changes since the last update and some images to go along with it.

That was all I had to say, sorry if you were expecting more pictures.

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Update concerning this forum post
From this point onwards I will no longer be posting minimal changes on this forum, these will remain on my discord (linked on the first post), instead I will be posting "updates" featuring a list of changes since the last update and some images to go along with it.

That was all I had to say, sorry if you were expecting more pictures.
i forgive you

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
THE MODULARITY UPDATE
Probably the least interesting update I will ever share here!

This concerns servers more than it does players, for servers wanting to use City 8 Redux as their map choice, I have built the city around multi-purpose locations. While many places do have a purpose I have centrally designed around, many props and barricades will be able to be removed by administrators (through the framework of choice of course, I am merely using prop_dynamic which means you can remove it, rather than prop_static which is non-removable).

I'm doing this on various things such as gates and vending machines so that servers (and solo players I guess) can adapt the map to their needs.

That was all I had, the next update will be the Surface Tension update which includes certain areas where those who may not like the combine go to "relax and have fun" without entering the dangerous subway system.

No images today I'm afraid.

D

Deleted member 5162

THE MODULARITY UPDATE
Probably the least interesting update I will ever share here!

This concerns servers more than it does players, for servers wanting to use City 8 Redux as their map choice, I have built the city around multi-purpose locations. While many places do have a purpose I have centrally designed around, many props and barricades will be able to be removed by administrators (through the framework of choice of course, I am merely using prop_dynamic which means you can remove it, rather than prop_static which is non-removable).

I'm doing this on various things such as gates and vending machines so that servers (and solo players I guess) can adapt the map to their needs.

That was all I had, the next update will be the Surface Tension update which includes certain areas where those who may not like the combine go to "relax and have fun" without entering the dangerous subway system.

No images today I'm afraid.
Is there a lot of them and significant? Most of the servers restart daily for the sake of performance, thus resetting the map's prop dynamic placements and forcing staff to remove them everytime, that could be seen in i17.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Is there a lot of them and significant? Most of the servers restart daily for the sake of performance, thus resetting the map's prop dynamic placements and forcing staff to remove them everytime, that could be seen in i17.
tbh the only thing admins really removed in i17 was the wall between the grotto alley and the main street

D

Deleted member 5162

tbh the only thing admins really removed in i17 was the wall between the grotto alley and the main street
Yes, but it definitely gave the early-players an issue when a giant wall couldn't be removed by any means other than staff

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Yes, but it definitely gave the early-players an issue when a giant wall couldn't be removed by any means other than staff
b16.jpg

the 3 players on at 10AM before any admins get on waiting for staff to urgently remove the wall that you can avoid by literally going down the next alley 10 meters away

D

Deleted member 5162

b16.jpg

the 3 players on at 10AM before any admins get on waiting for staff to urgently remove the wall that you can avoid by literally going down the next alley 10 meters away
but bro this is a WIP city 8 map and we don't know anything yet ok, hence why I am asking

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae

Helix has a plugin (which I believe is made by alexgrist) which adds a command that permanently removes props without constant staff intervention. This is what I am designing it around as there is not really another method I can think of

bonk&½

Electron
Nebulae
Helix has a plugin (which I believe is made by alexgrist) which adds a command that permanently removes props without constant staff intervention. This is what I am designing it around as there is not really another method I can think of
There's also the perma remove tool on the workshop for those servers that don't use helix.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Design_Update.png

It's time for the first update in this new system I'm going to be using on the forums, while I believe that I said the first update would be to the alleys it wasn't entirely truthful - after reviewing the logo design of City 8 I determined that it was not particularly accurate, it contains more than 8 segments and so doesn't follow the design rule that all combine city logos should.

Hence, the design update.

This update contains variations of the new City 8 logo, I wont be posting the variants that will be used in-game here as those will come later but I will be posting the new versions you can find used in promotional material and the workshop page. It took lots of effort to come up with a suitable logo and the focus group has been a great help in that, so I hope you enjoy this new logo (It will also replace the logo on existing City 8 propaganda).

All logos and the majority of custom graphical content that I eventually make can be found in the City 8 Server Owner's Guide, I will release more information about this later in the administration update.

City8Logo_Blue.png

City8Logo_Stroke.png

City8Logo_Black.png

City8Logo.png

All designs may be subject to change, more material may also be created in the future.
Base logo design (the white one) courtesy of BixbyAlan#6986

MPF_WhiteStroke.png

Last edited:
Nebulae
Design_Update.png

It's time for the first update in this new system I'm going to be using on the forums, while I believe that I said the first update would be to the alleys it wasn't entirely truthful - after reviewing the logo design of City 8 I determined that it was not particularly accurate, it contains more than 8 segments and so doesn't follow the design rule that all combine city logos should.

Hence, the design update.

This update contains variations of the new City 8 logo, I wont be posting the variants that will be used in-game here as those will come later but I will be posting the new versions you can find used in promotional material and the workshop page. It took lots of effort to come up with a suitable logo and the focus group has been a great help in that, so I hope you enjoy this new logo (It will also replace the logo on existing City 8 propaganda).

All logos and the majority of custom graphical content that I eventually make can be found in the City 8 Server Owner's Guide, I will release more information about this later in the administration update.

City8Logo_Blue.png

City8Logo_Stroke.png

City8Logo_Black.png

City8Logo.png

yessur....