Serious City 8 Redux

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
MPF_WhiteStroke.png

Added the new MPF logo that I forgot to include.

Reactions: List

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Design_Update.png

It's time for the first update in this new system I'm going to be using on the forums, while I believe that I said the first update would be to the alleys it wasn't entirely truthful - after reviewing the logo design of City 8 I determined that it was not particularly accurate, it contains more than 8 segments and so doesn't follow the design rule that all combine city logos should.

Hence, the design update.

This update contains variations of the new City 8 logo, I wont be posting the variants that will be used in-game here as those will come later but I will be posting the new versions you can find used in promotional material and the workshop page. It took lots of effort to come up with a suitable logo and the focus group has been a great help in that, so I hope you enjoy this new logo (It will also replace the logo on existing City 8 propaganda).

All logos and the majority of custom graphical content that I eventually make can be found in the City 8 Server Owner's Guide, I will release more information about this later in the administration update.

City8Logo_Blue.png

City8Logo_Stroke.png

City8Logo_Black.png

City8Logo.png

All designs may be subject to change, more material may also be created in the future.
Base logo design (the white one) courtesy of BixbyAlan#6986

MPF_WhiteStroke.png

DESIGN UPDATE FOLLOW-ON: DECAL VARIANTS

This follow-on includes the decal variants for the logos.
Again they can change and I'm almost certain to make a new logo if I think something is missing and I need extras.

These are all WHITE logos! I haven't made any black variants (yet) may be harder to see them on the forums.
infestationControl_Grunge.png
City8Logo_Grunge.png
City8Logo_Text_Grunge.png

I am going to make another variant of logo inside a combine clamp, you can see the variant used in the xen control version but I've not made an independent version yet.

BONUS FOLLOW ON: PROPAGANDA POSTERS
These look really high-quality in-game, they are remade HLA versions using the City 8 logo inverted rather than city 17 logo inverted.

Ministry_of_Civil_Protection_GRUNGE.png

Ministry_of_Civil_Protection_City8_GRUNGE.png
Ministry_of_Civil_Protection_C8_Dove_GRUNGE.png

The holo signs have special effects visible in game using the vmt.
welcome_verticalsign.png

Last edited:

Wraygun

Neutrino
Nebulae
How much time was spent on making this whole map from the scratch? This looks really good, to be honest.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
How much time was spent on making this whole map from the scratch? This looks really good, to be honest.

I started this sometime 2019 I think, 2020 was when most stuff started happening though.

There was also the architecture swap sometime in the first lockdown.

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
The holo signs have special effects visible in game using the vmt.
undefined

Added one of the new remake holosigns to demonstrate the new design for them going forward.

Also just so y'all know I am still working on this and I'll be posting lots of new interesting pictures in a few weeks. (Hint: its the subway)

D

Deleted member 7591

Yes :smiley:

It's a complete overhaul of city 8 using neotokyo assets and inspiration from Tokyo itself. There is also a slight surface layout change and various improvements for rebels, etc.
Are we gonna use this map after it releases?

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Are we gonna use this map after it releases?

This is just a project I'm doing independently, not at all official.

While some people from neb have shown interest in what I'm doing here it's purely up to the head staff team or whoever selects maps whether they would use this or not, the most I can do is try make it cater for nebulous and other hl2rp servers as much as possible.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This is just a project I'm doing independently, not at all official.

While some people from neb have shown interest in what I'm doing here it's purely up to the head staff team or whoever selects maps whether they would use this or not, the most I can do is try make it cater for nebulous and other hl2rp servers as much as possible.

I want. I want this, This we need. This we deserve. Give!

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
Is this a new city 8 map?

Thought I'd quickly show a decompiled comparison between the extent of "new" this map is going to be using the (WIP) alleys with the old "alleys" if you can call them that. This is one of the easiest comparisons to make as it's the exact same location and it's a similar concept.

Old:
unknown.png

New:

unknown.png

The spawn subway station will be mostly completed soon I just need to finish off the lighting then I'll share.

D

Deleted member 7591

Thought I'd quickly show a decompiled comparison between the extent of "new" this map is going to be using the (WIP) alleys with the old "alleys" if you can call them that. This is one of the easiest comparisons to make as it's the exact same location and it's a similar concept.

Old:
unknown.png

New:

unknown.png

The spawn subway station will be mostly completed soon I just need to finish off the lighting then I'll share.

What an awesome map i fucking love it and i hope will get to play this map on the server

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae

Old:
unknown.png

New:

unknown.png

this has amazing yakuza vibes. I am hyped man.

walgreens

Electron
Nebulae

Old:
unknown.png

New:

unknown.png

thats so good

D

Deleted member 7099

Old:
unknown.png

New:

unknown.png

nice as fuck bro
this looks fuckin good

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
nice as fuck bro
this looks fuckin good
thats so good
this has amazing yakuza vibes. I am hyped man.
What an awesome map i fucking love it and i hope will get to play this map on the server

Y'all are so nice,
it ain't much but here's a picture of the new hologram projectors vs the old ones because I don't think I mentioned that I remade them. Far more versatile now and I think more sci-fi looking.

New:
unknown.png

Old:
unknown.png

D

Deleted member 7099

Y'all are so nice,
it ain't much but here's a picture of the new hologram projectors vs the old ones because I don't think I mentioned that I remade them. Far more versatile now and I think more sci-fi looking.

New:
unknown.png

Old:
unknown.png
youre 100% free to use any of the assets i made for gary's city 8 edit, if u want them i'd send
also real nice job here

Dev

A Turret
Nebulae
youre 100% free to use any of the assets i made for gary's city 8 edit, if u want them i'd send
also real nice job here

EDIT: Ignore the original message

That might be quite useful, but do you happen to know how they made the glitch animations? That would be even more useful as I'm trying to do that for the new signs I'm making.

Last edited: