News City 8 V4lentines Gift

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I've made the version I sent to bq public on my profile, gathering feedback till thursday

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2395878954
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2395624135

already changed the sun lighting & poster lighting since this, & unlocked the loyalist door

just be honest with what you guys think is right/wrong, after thursday it do be permanent

oh and there's a lot of dev bright lights during the night just ignore them
Looking at the changelogs, with new areas to the nexus (ignoring the sterilization chamber which is cool) do you mean these two parts?
TCvDCbj.jpg
what ota ladder
aaaa a aa h just let me check it over this afternoon and i'll tell you if it fine or bad
The OTA ladder is still there
02sgx4g.jpg

D

Deleted member 7099

i'm listenignrng to all dis critique
i made all my posters in japanese with some english text, i do agre that nearly every poster should be in japanese with some chinese ones and maybe english text here or there
it really does give the feel of it being japan
also i think there should be less physical buildboards and more electronic neon signs

Reactions: List

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i'm listenignrng to all dis critique
i made all my posters in japanese with some english text, i do agre that nearly every poster should be in japanese with some chinese ones and maybe english text here or there
it really does give the feel of it being japan
also i think there should be less physical buildboards and more electronic neon signs
Honestly think most/all posters should include english text with japanese translation.

Since English (in our community) is considered the global lingo.

shit

Atom
Nebulae
Honestly think most/all posters should include english text with japanese translation.

Since English (in our community) is considered the global lingo.
The signs atm that do have japanese text on them with english have really tiny japanese text, which is easy to glance over with current lighting/positioning. They should be just as big/very slightly tinier than the english text.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
The signs atm that do have japanese text on them with english have really tiny japanese text, which is easy to glance over with current lighting/positioning. They should be just as big/very slightly tinier than the english text.
There I agree.

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
my idea was to have an animated variant which switches between the japanese and english with a lil glitch transition, but that's just a brain idea

Looking at the changelogs, with new areas to the nexus (ignoring the sterilization chamber which is cool) do you mean these two parts?
TCvDCbj.jpg

The OTA ladder is still there
02sgx4g.jpg

I didn't know that ladder was there honestly, I'll load it up later and fix whatever the issue is with it.

The changelog mentioning the nexus originally had the transhuman spawn in there but was moved to the CAB where you're looking now, should update the changelog

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Fuck it, gonna redo all the posters will less/no faction advertisements

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
the posters are fairly well but they need more ghosting and compression (and japanese but you already know that). just take a look at the other animated posters at the map and how they actually look apart of the 2006 game
That‘s what I was trying to tell to @Gary
That they should have a low resolution and what not

Nebulae
found an issue, havent noticed it being brought to attention before

3013F8BB70B9693C99BC48A137859B8DB410E2FD

train's floating shadow reflects onto the sewer

here is how it looks on the map we're currently using:
0802B51C4D7200EEDF857B1FBD12341BFE524E72

shit

Atom
Nebulae
Maybe its just me but.. i kinda feel that this map modifications dont really add much. I've noticed very little diference and I dont know if the changes will have any relevance. Im sorry if im sounding a bit harsh but thats what I see
i'd assume that the main changes are really just the 4 admin boxes that are getting added, so that admins/event staff can actually run proper events without having to sacrifice other parts of the map. The rest of the modifications likely just came along because the map was already being edited (like it was the case with city24v2).