Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

frod

Quark
Nebulae
*I posted wrong picture sorry*
I made this back in 2013 (actual ragdolls and NPCs)

1E44D9C0FA1FB1325760B0B14E09F3AFC679791E

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
shrugs.gif

@Eddard Stark, rushed, that's for sure. The biggest issue here is the lack of lighting. I know you were going for a literally dark atmosphere, but it's too dark to see anything. You could add at least a bit of it to cast some light onto that helmet, as some sort of rim lighting. Generally adding some red alert lights wouldn't hurt. Other than that, it's not too shabby in terms of posing, but there is just simply not enough material there. Throw in some bodies, blood, environmental destruction, and tip that helmet over, then it'll look spicy.

@Nevermore, honestly, this is far better than what most of beginners do. Camera placement isn't bad, even though the screen proportion could be better than 4:3. It lacks a bit of lighting casted onto those citizens, as well as the general clearness of the screen, plus some editing, but how these guys there are portrayed is simply gorgeous. You really can feel this danger in the air, their emotions, even when they're wearing masks. The way they either look around, speechlessly asking for help, or try to turn away from CP shooting another victim is great. It isn't perfect, yes, but you worked hard with these details and it shows. Great fucking work man, I rarely see people actually work on these little things, such as head gestures. Proud of you, many could learn such things from you,
thumbup1.gif

@Clark, get to work, stop making these poor-man's memes, smh

@Praise, I'm honestly surprised what did you pull off from using three models. They really do look like completely different characters

@Chica,
-It would also be nice if the art you submit was new (one week old at max)
It's also a bit lazy of a pose, as great most of the guys around there are NPCs, and no-one is faceposed, which is a shame for what's happening in the bottom-left corner, as they're being split, while bearing no emotions whatsoever. Ye

So yeah, big one goes to @Fred
I have some serious @albino flashbacks here

TBqaHzI.jpg

Small wins go to both @Tiger! and @Sixx (cool down dude, you're destroying them here)

a197e38a1dd40939b3caff6c9dc19e14.jpg

uXpYrmW.png

Reactions: List

b00ty_Senpai

Neutrino
Nebulae
GVrIM5X.jpg

I don't know, I like this pose and yeah. Made in Gmod. By the way the fact that there are 3 bald guys that look the same its cuz they are Cyborg clones. :3

Surgeon XE

Quark
Nebulae
DEB9FF093EEEA399F730A86CCAE39A9EB0454603

I'm not quite sure of the quality. Pretty sure I fucked up DOF a bit. Probably should've thought a bit more about the background while designing this too. Nonetheless, not that bad, even if I say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.