GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

10494dfed3.png

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Surprisingly enough, I'm so shit at using the ragdoll Mover, that it looks like the Phys Gun.
Ah, so in a city it would be trash and in the outlands it would be Foilage, mix of both in the canals
(The Sewers is the Picture above)
nah the physgun is way better for posing.

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae
ye i never use anything but that

it makes it tedious and fucking annoying to work with but the end result just look more natural imo
When I used to work in Gmod I used the rag mover. Made the job easy and smooth.. But it required a lot of practice.. SFM is what I suggest but :idk:

Heck

Nucleus
Nebulae
I used a mix of the PhysGun and Ragdoll Mover tool And I'm happy with the result.
9D3C9DB6057E02CA3C8BCF63A9FD6BACD42315AF

Some Basic Refugees struggling to survive in City 8

Anleus

Proton
Nebulae
ye i never use anything but that

it makes it tedious and fucking annoying to work with but the end result just look more natural imo
Using the physgun is equivalent to using an IK-rig in sfm or gmod, where if you move the hand, you move all children bones as well - in this example the rest of the arm, which results in more realistic posing instead of posing each individual bone with the poser tool, or the rotation tool in sfm

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Using the physgun is equivalent to using an IK-rig in sfm or gmod, where if you move the hand, you move all children bones as well - in this example the rest of the arm, which results in more realistic posing instead of posing each individual bone with the poser tool, or the rotation tool in sfm
oh yeah i forgot about ik rigs

never could get em to work with the ragdoll mover tho

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
sfm is too smooth and rounded round the edges. gmod is like a big bowl of sawdust in the morning. rough. grainy. gives ya a lot of fiber too. part of a balanced breakfast.

It's hard to make SFM look rough, and I still wanna learn Gmod posing.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It's hard to make SFM look rough, and I still wanna learn Gmod posing.
It's not that hard

really

the most difficult part is coming up with an idea and a place to do it if you aren't comfortable with scenebuilding

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's not that hard

really

the most difficult part is coming up with an idea and a place to do it if you aren't comfortable with scenebuilding

Scenebuilding in SFM can cause immense lag because of having to work out shadows on everything, and only 9 lights in SFM are allowed to cast shadows.

And there aren't many places to do it since there are very few non-TF2-like maps, or maps that are just so generic you can't do anything with them.

And I'm horrible at posing anything with action in it.

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Scenebuilding in SFM can cause immense lag because of having to work out shadows on everything, and only 9 lights in SFM are allowed to cast shadows.

And there aren't many places to do it since there are very few non-TF2-like maps, or maps that are just so generic you can't do anything with them.

And I'm horrible at posing anything with action in it.
You could just try importing maps from GMod into SFM if they contain all assets the map uses. But scenebuilding is one of the most reliable options to do it, if you looked up Steve-McTbone from facepunch on deviantart and take a look at his sfm scenebuilds, they're pretty sick.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You could just try importing maps from GMod into SFM if they contain all assets the map uses. But scenebuilding is one of the most reliable options to do it, if you looked up Steve-McTbone from facepunch on deviantart and take a look at his sfm scenebuilds, they're pretty sick.
I would do scenebuilds, but the scenebuild prop pack is like 7 GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.