the result of me having free time at work
first time drawing btw
kTPKNz7.jpg

Reactions: List

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
you chumps know nothing about true art

art isnt defined by how many meat puppets you can place around as if they were mannequins

this is my magnum opus in which i have created what scares me the most

e06d489185.png

it might be too avantgarde for you "art critics" but ive found the light

Either a nose, the back of a calf n' foot, or God themself.

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
the result of me having free time at work
first time drawing btw
kTPKNz7.jpg

For your first time it's quite excellent! Everything's pretty symmetrical, the face and top of the hair are "fleek" as the young-ins might say. I've a few criticisms, but don't worry! It's your first time drawing so it's bound to be not-quite right, and that's expected and fine my dude, just have to keep working at it. I love it when people do art so please continue!

I've included examples along with my text in my comments, so I'll put it in spoilers to avoid clogging up this page of the thread.
Hair! It's a bit asymmetrical, which is cool if that's what you're going for, but unless the person is to be shown under distress or its intentional, it should look someone the same throughout Sort of~ Hair does have asymmetry, but like, you have in the lower left corner of his head tiny spikes and many of them, but opposite of that you've larger spikes and less of them, get what I mean? Sort of hard to convey this part, sorry~
dxchsVs.jpg

The neck! Our (humans') necks don't really get smaller or bigger anywhere, it's really the same width and whatnot from your shoulders to the base of your head. Not to say you can't have a small neck! Just that they don't go from big to small or vice versa. Also note that the ears, unless angled down, don't really disappear like that. They don't have to stick out as much, but it should be consistent is my point.
GjVft3e.jpg

Finally are the hands! Hands are complicated but can add a lot of character to a photo, because they can be so dynamic! First, the shape of a hand is a trapezoid, with the taller side being with the index finger, sloping down to the pinkie finger. Your thumb, when straight up, should come to just above the base of the index. Your middle finger is taller then your index, your ring finger is about the same size as your index but it can be smaller if you'd like, and of course your pinkie is the shortest (taller then the thumb, really only just at the top of the middle of the index/ring). The general hand is about the same size as your face-ish. Also remember that we have slight webbing between all our fingers, so none of them should meet at a hard V, but more like a soft U. Don't forget that your wrist is a ball joint, so it can position the hand in a lot of ways!
5K9HGgC.jpg

Last edited:

that other mango

you don't know who i am
Nebulae
Never made any real gmod pictures before, so I decided to give it a go by tweaking settings, turning dials and pressing buttons which I know nothing of. Came out with this:
2432AC1CFA3321C6BED5735DB88BAC93A64F9153

- and some other stuff -
BBA7F328E59F834D7F29DEEF5EA6857EFDAD92F9

36A272D1B5D2C4A714D25F9580ACA4B47D037D0B

- and more -
99F4CC56AD5617744C9186C78364C7842DAAF807

snitches get stitches
B73DAFCD0C8A66381628ABCB59D164A67CA02F21

Last edited:

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Hi
1272A7510202DDB5451D44663ED8FF236E7361EA

the brightness f'ed up aaa, but you should be able to make out the figure in the shadows on the left if you fullscreen
@ConstantDisplay, if you had a problem with lighting, you could always turn it up in post-processing, in PS for example, or even Imgur photo editor. Either way, the pose mainly lacks of lighting and you should've added some soft, barely visible lighting to highlight that female there. Can't advise much more though, the filter you slapped onto it looks really good to me and can't complain about the concept. Is ok, even if a bit bland. You gotta try something new now and then though, eh?

@Heck, it's actually not too bad for a poster that could be made into something for OTA subforum, a short story, or anything alike. I have one big issue with it however - posing. When you hold a gun, you don't hold it infront of you, perpendicularly to your chest, you usually turn yourself a bit to the side and rest butt of your gat on your shoulder, instead of literally waving your gun in the air. Other than that though, it's actually alright and I like the edit very much. Could've maybe played a bit more with the lighting while keeping the same, cold, toned down colors that fit well with a picture of cybernetic, ruthless soldiers. I actually like this one, keep it up mang

@zigbomb, this one is which I liked the most of them all. Sadly, like @ConstantDisplay said, I also saw either something very similar to this one or exactly this thing as a dupe. Even if that'd be the case though, it's still really good shoot, lighted up and edited, same like rest of your poses, even though you use too much of standard HL2 sequences. Good job, it's really well made fam,
thumbup1.gif

@Anleas, as for a first time, not bad. I'm not much of a drawing, nor PhotoShop expert, so I direct you to @senselessArtist, @Hoovie the Apansenok or @RGB. Looks pretty close to the original to me, that's all I can say

F411FA0BF4474C171D5AD38A26B8125F55B9FD7C

"Time to repay your debt to the Motherland! Comrades! Welcome to Stalingrad. You are about to begin the greatest moment of your life. The Reich has lost hundreds of tanks and soldiers. The Fuhrers brutalized hordes are now are now advancing towards the Frontline over mountains of their own dead bodies. Our Bolshevik Party, our nation, Lenin's Metro, has given us the task not to let the enemy reach the Volga Station and defend the Territory of the Red Line. Forward against the enemy! Up into the unremitting battle, comrades, for Moskvin, for our great Metro! Not one step back! Cowards and traitors will be shot! Do not count days, do not count miles, count only the number of Reich you have killed! Kill the Reich - this is your mother's prayer. Kill the Reich - this is the cry of your Russian earth. Do not waver! Do not let up! Kill! Death to the Facist invader! Go, go, go!"

72AA390C32A95CA757E336C6701CFD19384DA614
@247-0006-0001 'Jimbo', I guess you're on the level on which most of the veterans are now, which limits my response to a simple
thumbup1.gif
because I can't say anything smart about your work

@Dallahan, @senselessArtist actually covered you for me, and since I wouldn't say anything helpful either way, then I'm just going to leave you with that blessed son of a bitch that knows something about drawing instead of me
For your first time it's quite excellent! Everything's pretty symmetrical, the face and top of the hair are "fleek" as the young-ins might say. I've a few criticisms, but don't worry! It's your first time drawing so it's bound to be not-quite right, and that's expected and fine my dude, just have to keep working at it. I love it when people do art so please continue!

I've included examples along with my text in my comments, so I'll put it in spoilers to avoid clogging up this page of the thread.
Hair! It's a bit asymmetrical, which is cool if that's what you're going for, but unless the person is to be shown under distress or its intentional, it should look someone the same throughout Sort of~ Hair does have asymmetry, but like, you have in the lower left corner of his head tiny spikes and many of them, but opposite of that you've larger spikes and less of them, get what I mean? Sort of hard to convey this part, sorry~
dxchsVs.jpg

The neck! Our (humans') necks don't really get smaller or bigger anywhere, it's really the same width and whatnot from your shoulders to the base of your head. Not to say you can't have a small neck! Just that they don't go from big to small or vice versa. Also note that the ears, unless angled down, don't really disappear like that. They don't have to stick out as much, but it should be consistent is my point.
GjVft3e.jpg

Finally are the hands! Hands are complicated but can add a lot of character to a photo, because they can be so dynamic! First, the shape of a hand is a trapezoid, with the taller side being with the index finger, sloping down to the pinkie finger. Your thumb, when straight up, should come to just above the base of the index. Your middle finger is taller then your index, your ring finger is about the same size as your index but it can be smaller if you'd like, and of course your pinkie is the shortest (taller then the thumb, really only just at the top of the middle of the index/ring). The general hand is about the same size as your face-ish. Also remember that we have slight webbing between all our fingers, so none of them should meet at a hard V, but more like a soft U. Don't forget that your wrist is a ball joint, so it can position the hand in a lot of ways!
5K9HGgC.jpg

@bjfgpkqkdmtnspwndsjt, I'm just waiting for the return of good old Lewis,
thumbup1.gif

@MangoJuicy, as @senselessArtist said, newcomers are always welcome here, that's honestly what this competition is made for, to give people initiative for improving themselves to the point, when I don't have a single word to say
As for most of beginners, I'd direct you towards our guides so you can get some more in-depth advices. Here, I'd aim for a more interesting camera angle, maybe something like this, just obviously replacing the characters from the movie poster with the respectful ones of your work. Rule of thirds can usually make your poster better and save a lot of empty space that here you have all over the upper half. I'd say that you'll learn more by reading our guides, so I won't waste any more of your time and will direct you straight to them. Good luck and keep on working your poses man, you actually touched faceposing and did it good, which not many of the beginners do. Hope you'll have a blast with posing,
thumbup1.gif

Grand guy of this week is unsurprisingly @senselessArtist, I should give you a ban now

min_min____by_senselessartist-dbng4go.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.