Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
I'm a lazy fuck and honestly both of the judges that decided to help me out this round (which I'm very grateful by the way, I really mean it) covered pretty much everything I'd say, so I'll just give very brief opinions on few of the submissions

@Cavity, @Jer, both of you made some really atmospheric poses, with great use of lighting and colors/fog (what Jer made really gives me Sin City vibes, which says a lot). The only problem I see there is lack of context, lack of story being visible to the viewer. For example, that axe could show a reflection of whoever is standing infront of out protagonist, maybe a police officer chasing this guy, thinking his a murderer, or anything alike. You Cavity could also go with more destruction, more stuff being visible destroyed or abandoned (the upper section of this picture seems awfully empty, adding more road lamps/buildings there would fix it, as well as give the viewer a reason to believe whatever happens here is actually inside a city). Good job though, I'm really proud of how atmospheric you made these

@Mickey Toast, great as always, I can only suggest you to aim for something bigger, both literally and not, something that'd show us more than just one person. Your artstyle is purely amazing though

@Erkor, great atmosphere, terrible lack of content. I still like it though, despite it being visibly flawed, the idea is amazing

@Dicknose, @Lyon, both of these are actually good, but unfinished. Continue with what you were doing there, because they're certainly not something to just leave and forget about

So, I'd personally give win to @liew, for this beautiful poster and the scenebuild inside of it...

spXHMiT.png

... but since there were few juries and none of us agree fully with others, I'll leave this round winner as undecided.

Happy new year you fucks, hope we all will improve in this new year and
will see @MaXenzie do something that's actually good

Nebulae
Ran into a massive issue that might stop me from doing future stuff. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, the Gm_Black_v3 (and its varients) no longer work- with the sky texture coming across as 'missing texture' and generally causing an unnatural blurring effect that only occurs when I have the camera tool out.
Its a strange one, and not even the maker of the map knows what is causing it :(

Reactions: List
Status
Not open for further replies.