Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
d5uCZ9E.png

your AO is grainy as fuck, whats your render setting?

Reactions: List

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Doing this one fast, that Project Zomboid update ain't gonna play itself

@Piggo, a solid and simple poster, with decent lighting for sure. It's nothing outstanding, but I treat it as more of a test for you, knowing your skills and what you can do. Either way, it's really well posed, decently lit and has the possibility of being used as a wallpaper, which is probably one of the best things that can happen to your artwork. Great lighting guide as well

@Flanders, I choose this one, because rest of the drawings are worse (although still not bad, I need to point this out) and the pose is just meh. This drawing here is pretty accurate to the original, I can just hear Dio screaming that dialogue again. Not a big artist man that knows how to draw, but I can tell it was basically ripped from an image that you had on the side. However, it was ripped properly, and if I wouldn't have known of JoJo (which would be a fucking blessing) and you wouldn't have added that source material, I'd say that you're on a similar level as @RGB. Speaking of him, he's your mentor from now on, listen to him, rather than me if you want to advance in the doodling techniques

@liew, another solid poster, you're getting better and better with lighting. I also love how tense this soldier in front looks like, I can feel him constantly looking around, aiming at everything that can cause even a remote uneasiness. I'll give this one a
thumbup1.gif
if you tell me where you got these models

5v8XyAx.jpg
(with dof)

zn9w9CP.jpg
@Viper0419, these two soldiers feel very much like they'd be greenscreened in, probably because the lighting on them comes from a wrong side, while it doesn't light anything around the fire. Outside of that problem though, it's a pretty good pose, even if a bit too empty. I'd probably move the camera far more to the right, to get those two soldiers on the left side of the scene, so we, the viewers, can generally see where are they heading, instead of being blocked by the poster ending. In short, I'd add far more stuff into the poster, maybe some corpses, maybe some other soldiers, depending on what you're going for here. Also, first edit is better imo, it's much more natural and darker

Your second picture has the same problem, too empty. It's still nice though, I especially appreciate the posing here. Same fix as above, add more stuff, boats for example

@RGB, something that could easily fit into some kind of fantasy universe. You know my answer, it's always
thumbup1.gif
, but I'm also really impressed that you did it in only 2 hours

@CloudBucket,

2cc968beb42449ea42e888b63d4ffae1.png

Just a placeholder until I make something else
3EC006B6712E480C1BD0B4715DFF79CEB70DB63B
@Dicknose,

da4ee95ff49eb110f9d99eed8c05cd36.png

So ye, sketching wins this week: @Sky Slig with his fetus in vinegar and @Exile with his Asian Nick Fury

1527251169169.jpg

3fdb5f221acb8e22d1d1b662d7f6f66b.jpeg

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae
@Flanders, I choose this one, because rest of the drawings are worse (although still not bad, I need to point this out) and the pose is just meh. This drawing here is pretty accurate to the original, I can just hear Dio screaming that dialogue again. Not a big artist man that knows how to draw, but I can tell it was basically ripped from an image that you had on the side. However, it was ripped properly, and if I wouldn't have known of JoJo (which would be a fucking blessing) and you wouldn't have added that source material, I'd say that you're on a similar level as @RGB. Speaking of him, he's your mentor from now on, listen to him, rather than me if you want to advance in the doodling technique
please dear lord any one of them but this one '

i regret this one very much

CloudBucket

Proton
Nebulae
Doing this one fast, that Project Zomboid update ain't gonna play itself

@Piggo, a solid and simple poster, with decent lighting for sure. It's nothing outstanding, but I treat it as more of a test for you, knowing your skills and what you can do. Either way, it's really well posed, decently lit and has the possibility of being used as a wallpaper, which is probably one of the best things that can happen to your artwork. Great lighting guide as well

@Flanders, I choose this one, because rest of the drawings are worse (although still not bad, I need to point this out) and the pose is just meh. This drawing here is pretty accurate to the original, I can just hear Dio screaming that dialogue again. Not a big artist man that knows how to draw, but I can tell it was basically ripped from an image that you had on the side. However, it was ripped properly, and if I wouldn't have known of JoJo (which would be a fucking blessing) and you wouldn't have added that source material, I'd say that you're on a similar level as @RGB. Speaking of him, he's your mentor from now on, listen to him, rather than me if you want to advance in the doodling techniques

@liew, another solid poster, you're getting better and better with lighting. I also love how tense this soldier in front looks like, I can feel him constantly looking around, aiming at everything that can cause even a remote uneasiness. I'll give this one a
thumbup1.gif
if you tell me where you got these models

@Viper0419, these two soldiers feel very much like they'd be greenscreened in, probably because the lighting on them comes from a wrong side, while it doesn't light anything around the fire. Outside of that problem though, it's a pretty good pose, even if a bit too empty. I'd probably move the camera far more to the right, to get those two soldiers on the left side of the scene, so we, the viewers, can generally see where are they heading, instead of being blocked by the poster ending. In short, I'd add far more stuff into the poster, maybe some corpses, maybe some other soldiers, depending on what you're going for here. Also, first edit is better imo, it's much more natural and darker

Your second picture has the same problem, too empty. It's still nice though, I especially appreciate the posing here. Same fix as above, add more stuff, boats for example

@RGB, something that could easily fit into some kind of fantasy universe. You know my answer, it's always
thumbup1.gif
, but I'm also really impressed that you did it in only 2 hours

@CloudBucket,

2cc968beb42449ea42e888b63d4ffae1.png

@Dicknose,

da4ee95ff49eb110f9d99eed8c05cd36.png

So ye, sketching wins this week: @Sky Slig with his fetus in vinegar and @Exile with his Asian Nick Fury

1527251169169.jpg

3fdb5f221acb8e22d1d1b662d7f6f66b.jpeg
offical review or my poses become worse

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
I also do not know any US uniforms from the second World War, so it might inaccurate
[doublepost=1528228505][/doublepost]
planes look a bit off due to your fog settings
Those are in the skybox. Its to mask that those are TF2 planes

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
Old photo, recent edit.
I'm very happy with how it turned out. Blacked out the face because I don't think he wants his face on a random forum....

HunAE1U.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.