Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Aaaand I'm here. Sorry for the long wait, I'll post the results of everything that was posted past Monday tomorrow

@Exile, that's a solid improvement, especially with the framing. Although I can't say that I'm stunned by it, it still does look nice. If I were you, I'd now focus on adding something to the background, so that we have some artsy details to it besides the foreground. Overall, while I'm not an expert in this field, I'd say that it's a really nice foto for an album, but not necessarily entertaining alone. Still, I give a
4lBf98z1DjZJXiXEtiXHbIn0rnvp5P7isoSGgJ_0_iTQ5Nslx_SqhUNqGvsoCT7AQ4HFJnpukDAEiEa_Tu8E2Pu7rTZpAiJCir7oHEcXzhM1Eq_2DtsOmG42GyotMnvvbR_AkcU

@Dicknose, yeah, might've gotten a little bit too experimental and simplistic on that one. There simply isn't enough in the frame, and too much of the frame itself. I much preferred the first one of these series. I ain't stopping you from experimenting though, keep on doing it 'till you find what you're satisfied with

@Dallahan, your luck runs out buddy. If it weren't for the three guys at the bottom of this post, you'd get a goldie for certain. Imma give you a honorary, because not only framing here is pretty much perfect, but lighting as well. Also, we've got a fairly nice scene going in the background that fills us with the context of this pose perfectly. Simple, efficient, artsy.
5MebOfddb0woags3qRtlUs4JIwtAc7AGU5hRtPydyd06o2Ma_W4esHkcYds5VRbSZg8eW3RWzd1y6Z3N0TEXkdRQEgB5RW8gcVga4DU9ZaIDRpgpT0m_ugclWOXLD6EO2iEf3sY

@Zombine, you really catched onto the fact that I like this sort of lighting and colors, eh? It's pretty good, and while the little rendering issue is noticeable, it doesn't really take much from the aesthetics, unless you zoom in. It has a real nice style and feel to it, like many of the "New York at night" photos you cna find in the internet. Me like, so me give
6j8Qbkqw3SRWbPD74f5nwygFjC4W1LODobZI4Iscu_f1-SDtR4PMHo5dydo5-geMqIsb5QaGpAstkBVbJlspHKyEFFosHWoL7y7Q1XTr-amLdIRMmeNCBfVOHPyDYQvaEv1zIKc

@liew, a real nice pose, and while still a little bit dark, I can now see everything with relative ease. Also, as @Mateozz pointed out

it kinda looks like a clear rip, but I'm not sure, so I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt and a
thumbup1.gif
for amazing scenebuild. Solid lighting as well as neat atmosphere, but I struggle to see anything interesting here besides the scenebuild itself. If you'd add something happening here, be that zombies walking around, or even something HL2 related, it'd be far better. Either way, goodie, 8/10

@dee pixel, aside from the meme value, it's also a pretty neat model and effects put together, so I give a pure and simple
thumbup1.gif

@Neythi, honestly solid poster if it weren't for the posing, especially on the left guy. Both of them look as if they'd be hanging on their elbows, or even floating, rather than sitting. The whitesuit looks real enough, especially with that light, but the man on the other side looks quite unnatural, especially with that faceposing. I'd personally give him some sort of leaning forward posture, with maybe lying his head on his hand or something, anything to make it differ from his partner in the talk. Pretty good otherwise, stuff like scenebuild and that window in particular looks very nice. Neat, but need a lil' bit of refining

@Cavity, nice scenebuild, now make a pose with it. It's literally screaming for getting some story it deserves

So, as a conclusion, this round's winners. Because I simply couldn't decide which of you
is the best, all of you get a shiny, golden medal

@Charlie, this one is pretty obvious, so I'm not going to yabber nonsense

sKyfEJs.jpg

@Danny, perfect scenografy, really wide perspective. I'd only bump that sharpness and saturation up,
then you can post it on your Instagram or any other artistic place

M7dWEQQ.jpg

@Cookie_, obviously as well, I love me some good scenebuild with many places to look at

PZcjlBE.jpg

See you tomorrow artistic peeps

you didnt even mention me lmao

D

Deleted member 1392

Aaaand I'm here. Sorry for the long wait, I'll post the results of everything that was posted past Monday tomorrow

@Exile, that's a solid improvement, especially with the framing. Although I can't say that I'm stunned by it, it still does look nice. If I were you, I'd now focus on adding something to the background, so that we have some artsy details to it besides the foreground. Overall, while I'm not an expert in this field, I'd say that it's a really nice foto for an album, but not necessarily entertaining alone. Still, I give a
4lBf98z1DjZJXiXEtiXHbIn0rnvp5P7isoSGgJ_0_iTQ5Nslx_SqhUNqGvsoCT7AQ4HFJnpukDAEiEa_Tu8E2Pu7rTZpAiJCir7oHEcXzhM1Eq_2DtsOmG42GyotMnvvbR_AkcU

@Dicknose, yeah, might've gotten a little bit too experimental and simplistic on that one. There simply isn't enough in the frame, and too much of the frame itself. I much preferred the first one of these series. I ain't stopping you from experimenting though, keep on doing it 'till you find what you're satisfied with

@Dallahan, your luck runs out buddy. If it weren't for the three guys at the bottom of this post, you'd get a goldie for certain. Imma give you a honorary, because not only framing here is pretty much perfect, but lighting as well. Also, we've got a fairly nice scene going in the background that fills us with the context of this pose perfectly. Simple, efficient, artsy.
5MebOfddb0woags3qRtlUs4JIwtAc7AGU5hRtPydyd06o2Ma_W4esHkcYds5VRbSZg8eW3RWzd1y6Z3N0TEXkdRQEgB5RW8gcVga4DU9ZaIDRpgpT0m_ugclWOXLD6EO2iEf3sY

@Zombine, you really catched onto the fact that I like this sort of lighting and colors, eh? It's pretty good, and while the little rendering issue is noticeable, it doesn't really take much from the aesthetics, unless you zoom in. It has a real nice style and feel to it, like many of the "New York at night" photos you cna find in the internet. Me like, so me give
6j8Qbkqw3SRWbPD74f5nwygFjC4W1LODobZI4Iscu_f1-SDtR4PMHo5dydo5-geMqIsb5QaGpAstkBVbJlspHKyEFFosHWoL7y7Q1XTr-amLdIRMmeNCBfVOHPyDYQvaEv1zIKc

@liew, a real nice pose, and while still a little bit dark, I can now see everything with relative ease. Also, as @Mateozz pointed out

it kinda looks like a clear rip, but I'm not sure, so I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt and a
thumbup1.gif
for amazing scenebuild. Solid lighting as well as neat atmosphere, but I struggle to see anything interesting here besides the scenebuild itself. If you'd add something happening here, be that zombies walking around, or even something HL2 related, it'd be far better. Either way, goodie, 8/10

@dee pixel, aside from the meme value, it's also a pretty neat model and effects put together, so I give a pure and simple
thumbup1.gif

@Neythi, honestly solid poster if it weren't for the posing, especially on the left guy. Both of them look as if they'd be hanging on their elbows, or even floating, rather than sitting. The whitesuit looks real enough, especially with that light, but the man on the other side looks quite unnatural, especially with that faceposing. I'd personally give him some sort of leaning forward posture, with maybe lying his head on his hand or something, anything to make it differ from his partner in the talk. Pretty good otherwise, stuff like scenebuild and that window in particular looks very nice. Neat, but need a lil' bit of refining

@Cavity, nice scenebuild, now make a pose with it. It's literally screaming for getting some story it deserves

So, as a conclusion, this round's winners. Because I simply couldn't decide which of you
is the best, all of you get a shiny, golden medal

@Charlie, this one is pretty obvious, so I'm not going to yabber nonsense

sKyfEJs.jpg

@Danny, perfect scenografy, really wide perspective. I'd only bump that sharpness and saturation up,
then you can post it on your Instagram or any other artistic place

M7dWEQQ.jpg

@Cookie_, obviously as well, I love me some good scenebuild with many places to look at

PZcjlBE.jpg

See you tomorrow artistic peeps
thanks... grown up caillou.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
not my entry but look i figured out how to make 360 degree lights in sfm
might make a tutorial on it
d212f3e9cf.png

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1392

Remnants of the Old Times.

National Park.

New Hikers.

dcxwagm-42e52003-8eba-4dce-b30f-1164cd53c3fd.png

The event was unfortunately canceled because I cant get Hunters into the event, they play a pretty important role, I am not sure what to replace them with, so I am just going to cancel it and release the script and a poster for you to see and read. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mqEiMbjTRudxYfZEew-Uz9q98sM_iAeEppI1jkdbPvM/edit?usp=sharing

They could be replaced with a conscript scout squad or something like that, don't you think? And yes, I am falling wildly in love for greenies and connies. Idea seems quite neat.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
They could be replaced with a conscript scout squad or something like that, don't you think?

no
not at all

in what world would hunters from half life 2 be considered comparable to some dudes with guns

Status
Not open for further replies.