Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8427040
:ok:

@Redhunter, nice to see another Skyrim pose. However, it's mostly just a standard, emotionless, pose without any real pose in it. Another thing is that the bard himself is a bit too far to the edge of screen, you should move him a bit to the right, as well as zoom in some. I'd also add more people in the background, the bar seems a bit too empty. I'd also add some emotion to the bard's face, and maybe something that could tell a tale, but other than that, it's pretty good.

@RetroPirate1, you're making me jealous fam
thumbup1.gif

@Anleas, @SkinVest, going to give you a break for this round, since you were in the Hall previous week, but both of these are easily wallpaper worthy
thumbup1.gif

@4lpha, now, the big one. So, the rebel at the beginning seems to be in a wrong place, it'd be far better if he'd be in the apartament itself. Speaking of him, it's actually clever that you did put him there, the whole loop of karma suggestion, and etc, I like it. Next up we have the scene where one cop goes into that said apartament. What's bugging me here though, is that smoke of the gun was kinda unneeded, it seemed as if it wouldn't follow the gun itself (which it did, but it was really hard to notice). What also threw me off a bit, was the Ave Maria, which is so overused, so often heard in those smaller movies, that it just ruins the scene completly for me. Last scene is actually well made, but there could be so much added. First off, the immediate cut of Ave Maria into JW sounds is highly anti-immerssive, I'd really keep that song playing pretty much till the end. Second thing is the fact, that there is noone around there, except for the killer, dead cop and a scanner. Really, slums being completly empty, and no cops rushing in to get the guy? What also should be there, is a good epilogue that'd just combine first scene, with the last, to actually make that karma loop look properly, so pretty much just shot killer of that cop being at gunpoint, and end it there.
Another thing worthy pointing out, is that you used pretty much only sequences from HL2 to animate, which is really easy and doesn't add anything new to the table. You should work on editing those sequences, so they look as if they'd be completly new animations.
On the good side however, it's actually refreshind to see someone here submitting a short animation. What is also good, is the fact that the concept itself is decent, and it can be worked with, plus it's good to watch.
So yeah fam, keep on doing what you do, I want to see more of your aniamtions,
thumbup1.gif

@Cookie_-Chan,
:me:
:me:

must agree tho

@MutumbaZomba, I see the concept, though it's just badly framed honestly. It should be zoomed it way more, and the camera should be looking from about half a meter from head of the alive guy, while being rotated at the dead guy, for it to look bit more interesting. Next thing is how high the guys elbow is, I mean, just try to act as if you'd be fixing your tie, and you'll see what I mean. Last thing would be how badly posed the dead male is, with his right leg being turned around. It's meh, but it has an atmosphere, which some of event the best poses lack. Good job on that mang

@Erkor,
thumbup1.gif
nice thumbnail for your model transfer

Two big wins

@Hoovie the Apansenok

qvZeH1p.jpg

and @spectry

5a5b79a1b6.jpg

now go to sleep
i win the videogame

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
@Redhunter, nice to see another Skyrim pose. However, it's mostly just a standard, emotionless, pose without any real pose in it. Another thing is that the bard himself is a bit too far to the edge of screen, you should move him a bit to the right, as well as zoom in some. I'd also add more people in the background, the bar seems a bit too empty. I'd also add some emotion to the bard's face, and maybe something that could tell a tale, but other than that, it's pretty good.
B-BUT THEY'RE SCREENSHOTS!
I can reposition the crowd and do some camera adjustments but honestly I don't know of any tools to fit the bard's emotions and what not.

4lpha

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Thanks a lot for the feedback @Lemon Cuntcake and as for other animations I've started one a couple of days ago and should be finishing within the next few weeks. In the meantime I have a pose for this week's art competition.

DD5258FF2DEB5A692A5AD36967C84140EE6BBC9E

Reactions: List

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae
this reminds me of one of my poses but where my guy actually adheres fearRP :laughing:
kVeG8dY.png

not an entry cus im bad at hl2
Bruh. Cool pic.. How did I miss it tho?
However I've been requested to make such a thing tho. Ye, there's lot of rebels hiding behind wall because combines tho.

Anleus

Proton
Nebulae
Bruh. Cool pic.. How did I miss it tho?
However I've been requested to make such a thing tho. Ye, there's lot of rebels hiding behind wall because combines tho.
well, wasn't proud of it so i just threw it in as an edit on my skyrim thread.
But in terms of facial expressions it would be kewl to have a rebel that does fear RP xD

Not saying its bad, but for example in yours, the rebel dude is like "yo im gonna rek 3 ota's with a silenced usp, not like they take 29482 9mm bullets to down"
i'd rather run lol

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
B-BUT THEY'RE SCREENSHOTS!
I can reposition the crowd and do some camera adjustments but honestly I don't know of any tools to fit the bard's emotions and what not.
Not really an excuse tbf

I already adressed it few times I think - that's why photography/screenshotting is harder, because you need to /find/ a good scene, rather than create one, os it's obviously going to be harder

Harsh, but true

Reactions: List
Status
Not open for further replies.