Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
YES PLS I NEED TO KNOW HOW
unknown.png

ok so firstly this isnt a proper tutorial but u can fill in the blanks

download this
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1438340646&searchtext=camera

create a camera, add a rig to it. the rig should be panoramiccamera
this creates 6 cameras in all directions
now create a light
do the settings on that light and set its fov to the same as the panoramic cameras.
add a new gobo texture to the light, one that is pure white
then copypaste the light 5 times
now lock each light's transform to a camera
slide the "default" preset on each light's transform so it is in line with
congrats you have 360 degree lights
if you want to move the lights just select all of the camera and move them

Reactions: List

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Haven't seen you in a while

@Bryce Stava, quite a nice first step into the posing world, especially with such a buff stalker. I'll obviously direct you to our guides, as they hold much, much more info that I'll be able to give in a paragraph. As a more of a personal advice, I'd say that posing is all about experimenting and trying to tell a tale. Think of your poses as if they'd be posters for a movie - they should tell you their story itself in mere seconds and upon longer inspection should present more complex details of the said story. I personally really like listening to music and then creating something off of it and I recommend doing the same. Good luck mang

@Pale Rider, exceptional banner, something that'd easily fit in the books of how to make a good one of those. It's light enough to give us a clear indication of what's present in the picture, while dark enough to still be quite mysterious and spooky. Yeah, I say it's definitely
thumbup1.gif
worthy
@Captain Cardgage, clearly inspired by this work of art, I see

What I like in Gmod shitposing (no offence) is how exaggerated it is and how much funny stuff you can do with it. This one right here (also by Antoine) is a perfect example of what kind of poses are great for Gmod, overly saturated and very much alive. The pose you made clearly aims for that style, just from looking at Medic, but rest of the cast is just standing still, not doing as much as they can, and that's honestly your biggest problem here. I'd just fuck around with what your ragdolls here can do, just like Antoine does and that'd be perfect

@Lambda Coyote, honestly speaking, it looks a little bit unfinished. I can see lack of buildings on the right, as well as end of them over the horizon up front. What I'd do here, would be to move the camera far more to the back and a little bit to the side, so it'd show a bit of space underneath the highway, while having this Halo dude somewhere in the middle of the screen, watching over a city that goes as wide as you can see. Imo that'd be far prettier to look at, so why not give it a go and post the result here next week, eh?

@Lokinase, the effects are sticking out real hard because of how artificial they are, but I totally dig the posing and lighting. Looks like a WIP poster to me, so as above, I'd go on and try to polish it up, so we can see it in full glory. As a test of some sort after a hiatus, it's pretty cool tho

@Dicknose, this sort of camera angle is a bit limiting on what you can do, as most of the screen is those few men in front, plus it doesn't really show us what they're looking at. A clever way to bypass that, would be to place some sort of a glass surface behind them (broken down skyscraper?) so that it could reflect at least a portion of what they're afraid of. Also, adding destroyed battle droids and more clone troopers would be a neat eyecandy. Spot on posing tho, as well as those juicy grass models

@Dingus, it's a reference to a character, but since I'm out of the loop I don't really get it. However, as a tribute that this pose is, I can say what I think it presents, and you can correct me if I interpret it wrong. So, in my eyes what this picture is trying to tell, is a bit of memorial to a guy who previously lost someone and became a low-tier rebel. It's not really giving too much details, but it's not so bad either. As I often say, it'd be alright for a banner to some character bio, but standalone it's meh. Good lighting, that's for sure though, you could play around with that in any future poses. 6/10, I like, but can see your potential only beginning to grow

@MaXenzie, tiddies are nice, but have you heard of blood doing something like this in water? That being said, it still looks neato, same as the rest of the poster.
thumbup1.gif

@Antloin, honestly, if it weren't for low res grass and leaves being clearly visible (and this, and this fucking light volumetric), I'd jizz in my pants from how well composted this poster is. Honestly, if given some proper love in post-processing, this piece of work could become some solid art. I also dislike that font and it's colors, it's really clean and cubical, exactly the opposite of what forest feels like. Frail&Bedazzled, My Fault or simple Crushed would be neato fonts for this one imo, and you could get rid of these lines inbetween the text. Other than that, it's a solid pose, simplistic, but effective.
thumbup1.gif

@Cavity, imma just give you
thumbup1.gif
and will let you go on your way. It's very good, just take it

@ConstantDisplay, looks like somebody recently played Firewatch, eh? It's a nice establishing shot, lots of info present about where the action is taking place, but I don't really know the reason of it happening in the first place. It doesn't really show us anything unique per say, more like a cool assortment of props and lights, but that's about it. I'd add a few guys here and there, or flesh out that single person, maybe by placing him near the camera, or giving him a meaningful pose. As of right now it's a bit dull, but that's still workable

@Mateozz, little bit too dark for my lighting, but it's a nice character shot, one that'd definitely fit a (you guessed it) character bio. It's good,
thumbup1.gif

I guess it's a tradition to give @Hoovie the win every time he comes back

moskau_citadel_by_apansenok-dcqhoir.png

D

Deleted member 5162

@Bryce Stava, quite a nice first step into the posing world, especially with such a buff stalker. I'll obviously direct you to our guides, as they hold much, much more info that I'll be able to give in a paragraph. As a more of a personal advice, I'd say that posing is all about experimenting and trying to tell a tale. Think of your poses as if they'd be posters for a movie - they should tell you their story itself in mere seconds and upon longer inspection should present more complex details of the said story. I personally really like listening to music and then creating something off of it and I recommend doing the same. Good luck mang

@Pale Rider, exceptional banner, something that'd easily fit in the books of how to make a good one of those. It's light enough to give us a clear indication of what's present in the picture, while dark enough to still be quite mysterious and spooky. Yeah, I say it's definitely
thumbup1.gif
worthy

What I like in Gmod shitposing (no offence) is how exaggerated it is and how much funny stuff you can do with it. This one right here (also by Antoine) is a perfect example of what kind of poses are great for Gmod, overly saturated and very much alive. The pose you made clearly aims for that style, just from looking at Medic, but rest of the cast is just standing still, not doing as much as they can, and that's honestly your biggest problem here. I'd just fuck around with what your ragdolls here can do, just like Antoine does and that'd be perfect

@Lambda Coyote, honestly speaking, it looks a little bit unfinished. I can see lack of buildings on the right, as well as end of them over the horizon up front. What I'd do here, would be to move the camera far more to the back and a little bit to the side, so it'd show a bit of space underneath the highway, while having this Halo dude somewhere in the middle of the screen, watching over a city that goes as wide as you can see. Imo that'd be far prettier to look at, so why not give it a go and post the result here next week, eh?

@Lokinase, the effects are sticking out real hard because of how artificial they are, but I totally dig the posing and lighting. Looks like a WIP poster to me, so as above, I'd go on and try to polish it up, so we can see it in full glory. As a test of some sort after a hiatus, it's pretty cool tho

@Dicknose, this sort of camera angle is a bit limiting on what you can do, as most of the screen is those few men in front, plus it doesn't really show us what they're looking at. A clever way to bypass that, would be to place some sort of a glass surface behind them (broken down skyscraper?) so that it could reflect at least a portion of what they're afraid of. Also, adding destroyed battle droids and more clone troopers would be a neat eyecandy. Spot on posing tho, as well as those juicy grass models

@Dingus, it's a reference to a character, but since I'm out of the loop I don't really get it. However, as a tribute that this pose is, I can say what I think it presents, and you can correct me if I interpret it wrong. So, in my eyes what this picture is trying to tell, is a bit of memorial to a guy who previously lost someone and became a low-tier rebel. It's not really giving too much details, but it's not so bad either. As I often say, it'd be alright for a banner to some character bio, but standalone it's meh. Good lighting, that's for sure though, you could play around with that in any future poses. 6/10, I like, but can see your potential only beginning to grow

@MaXenzie, tiddies are nice, but have you heard of blood doing something like this in water? That being said, it still looks neato, same as the rest of the poster.
thumbup1.gif

@Antloin, honestly, if it weren't for low res grass and leaves being clearly visible (and this, and this fucking light volumetric), I'd jizz in my pants from how well composted this poster is. Honestly, if given some proper love in post-processing, this piece of work could become some solid art. I also dislike that font and it's colors, it's really clean and cubical, exactly the opposite of what forest feels like. Frail&Bedazzled, My Fault or simple Crushed would be neato fonts for this one imo, and you could get rid of these lines inbetween the text. Other than that, it's a solid pose, simplistic, but effective.
thumbup1.gif

thumbup1.gif

@ConstantDisplay, looks like somebody recently played Firewatch, eh? It's a nice establishing shot, lots of info present about where the action is taking place, but I don't really know the reason of it happening in the first place. It doesn't really show us anything unique per say, more like a cool assortment of props and lights, but that's about it. I'd add a few guys here and there, or flesh out that single person, maybe by placing him near the camera, or giving him a meaningful pose. As of right now it's a bit dull, but that's still workable

@Mateozz, little bit too dark for my lighting, but it's a nice character shot, one that'd definitely fit a (you guessed it) character bio. It's good,
thumbup1.gif

Squad HERMIT Picture review next time, if you didn't do it, pleeease.

Captain Cardgage

Possibly Union Bias
Nebulae
@Lemon Cuntcake funnily enough the models. They, for some odd reason (probably due to it being a save and not noticing idk.) Had T-posed them when I took the shot. Thanks for pointing it out otherwise I might've not noticed.

As for the gmod shitposting (Apt way to describe it honestly.) will try to keep more going and see how much I go.
EDIT: forgot to post this as the next one i have so here.
OzJTv10.png

D

Deleted member 5162

I did review it before, didn't I? I'm at least sure that I saw it before, lol
Ohhh yeah, just searched this thread mentioning my name, and you gave it an Honorary! Thanks a lot, seems like I did not notice this post at all.

EDIT: I am not going to leave you without a picture though, have this one for the next review!

dcx7o5o-b2191847-7cf9-42cc-8f47-aa9a698762b6.png

dcyc0o4-2e634fd4-5b35-4b9f-a65c-965f8cb22974.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1392

thumbup1.gif
worthy

thumbup1.gif

thumbup1.gif

thumbup1.gif

thumbup1.gif

Arigato, seppuku if I failure become.

If you can throw me some tips and projects, then go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.