Cyberpunk 2077

hbag

bitchmade
Nebulae
RDR2 was an awesome game if ypu played through the story.
the story is WHY it was a mediocre game
sure the first few missions were pretty good but it just devolved into the bogstandard "go to x place, then follow npc to y place and kill people" gameplay loop
[doublepost=1602207174][/doublepost]
also horse balls shrink in the cold in that game
nevermind 10/10 GOTY

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
also has any yuropean gotten their hands on the physical edition of Trauma Team #1 yet? I'm not paying 20€ to a physical comic imported

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
please keep in mind tho detail =/= good game
RDR2 was a mediocre game but critics praised it because you... got a long, kinda impressive animation when you skinned animals
the story is WHY it was a mediocre game
sure the first few missions were pretty good but it just devolved into the bogstandard "go to x place, then follow npc to y place and kill people" gameplay loop
[doublepost=1602207174][/doublepost]
nevermind 10/10 GOTY
qYyQEol.png

Reactions: List

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
also has any yuropean gotten their hands on the physical edition of Trauma Team #1 yet? I'm not paying 20€ to a physical comic imported
I just bought the digital one.

hbag

bitchmade
Nebulae
my posts make complete sense not sure what you're talking about. i'll combine them into one post to make it easier to read i guess:

while RDR2 followed the same boring gameplay loop that modern open-world rockstar games are known for, critics and players alike were distracted from that fact by the pointless, purely-for-flavour """detail""" put into insignificant aspects of the game, causing it to be praised as if it were breaking new ground in the industry

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
my posts make complete sense not sure what you're talking about. i'll combine them into one post to make it easier to read i guess:

while RDR2 followed the same boring gameplay loop that modern open-world rockstar games are known for, critics and players alike were distracted from that fact by the pointless, purely-for-flavour """detail""" put into insignificant aspects of the game, causing it to be praised as if it were breaking new ground in the industry
i like it so that means it’s a good game in my opinion

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
@jb what do u think of red dead redemption 2 in the cyberpunk 2077 thread on nebulous cloud forum
he’s muted, nexus.

it’s a sorry state of affairs.

D

Deleted member 3818

Story was great, it's the mission design that is outdated, which is the only problem I really had with the game. Aside from that it's one of the most enjoyable and innovative open world games yet and Is an overall great experience.

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
RDR2 was so good cause it sucked you into the story with likeable and dislikeable characters. And it was a believable story for the time too. Yes it was basically the same shit but if you just had time to enjoy the little things it was great. I loved playing blackjack and hunting and finding places out in the world.

I don’t really care so much if the missions in Cyberpunk aren’t like revolutionary or whatever. For me it depends if they put it in such a way where I can get sucked into the story and relate with the characters and story. And of course the guns and shit. That’s what makes a good game for me at least.

Basically just keep my goopy goblino brain happy and I’ll love it

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i'm just hoping every quest is a quest and not a; go here kill these people go home type thing.
obviously there's space for that with bounties and raids and whatever else they can think up but if the small storylines actually amount to something I'll be happy since I tend to try and 100% sidequests in video games.

hbag

bitchmade
Nebulae
if they pull a satellite reign and go "the corporations are The Good Guys, Actually" im gonna be pissed
noticed recently that a lot of people who're into cyberpunk are also the kind of people who [current affairs content] which makes 0 sense tbh

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
if they pull a satellite reign and go "the corporations are The Good Guys, Actually" im gonna be pissed
noticed recently that a lot of people who're into cyberpunk are also the kind of people who [current affairs content] which makes 0 sense tbh
play the witcher 3

things are morally ambiguous at best on most if not all sides

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
you play as a mercenary and a criminal, i doubt what you do is gonna be anything but morally ambigious. the whole start for a corpo is you getting fucked by the system, that much is already out.

i feel like you always assume the worst in everything and can't seperate writing in the context of a coherent story from a political agenda.

this universe is pre-existing - it's been around for ages, it already runs in a certain way, what you take away from that is entirely individual.

hbag

bitchmade
Nebulae
play the witcher 3

things are morally ambiguous at best on most if not all sides
tru
i still have absolutely 0 hope for the playerbase though. whole fucking subreddit full of people begging for ciri to be in the game (because it's not a good game unless your worm cranking material's in there right) and for the... cybertruck to be in it.

because nothing's more cyberpunk than blatantly shilling a fucking corpie right. elon musk, the epitome of a Cyberpunk Bad Guy.
you play as a mercenary and a criminal, i doubt what you do is gonna be anything but morally ambigious. the whole start for a corpo is you getting fucked by the system, that much is already out.

i feel like you always assume the worst in everything and can't seperate writing in the context of a coherent story from a political agenda.
it's nothing to do with a "political agenda", it's just the fact that cyberpunk, as a genre, tends to be heavily anti-corporate meanwhile we've got the devs cracking jokes about having the launch party in one of Tesla's buildings, or something. Sure, jokes are jokes and the opinions of the devs are entirely seperate from the game, but surely they can be self-aware to not talk about having the launch party for a game in a genre that's anti-corporate in a corporate headquarters.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i still have absolutely 0 hope for the playerbase though. whole fucking subreddit full of people begging for ciri to be in the game (because it's not a good game unless your worm cranking material's in there right) and for the... cybertruck to be in it.
you can't base a singeplayer game on it's playerbase, your experience is just your own
it's nothing to do with a "political agenda", it's just the fact that cyberpunk, as a genre, tends to be heavily anti-corporate meanwhile we've got the devs cracking jokes about having the launch party in one of Tesla's buildings, or something. Sure, jokes are jokes and the opinions of the devs are entirely seperate from the game, but surely they can be self-aware to not talk about having the launch party for a game in a genre that's anti-corporate in a corporate headquarters.
why does this matter? why do they have to be politically aware about their personal lifes and workrelations over the machinations of a videogame that politically amounts to nothing in the real world. all purposes and pieces of writing in the game make sense for their designed narrative, they don't have to make sense for a 2020 audience in drawing parallels of relation to our current living. it's exaggerated, everything pops in some extreme or another.

i'm not gonna tell you how to live your life but if you apply an agenda to everything you consume you're going to stop enjoying it. if you hadn't noticed, CDPR is also a company running on the basis of capitalism; they're also there to make money - they also have a structure with a corporate ladder that lands better pay for higher positions etc etc. the whole thing is post-ironic.