Cyberpunk 2077

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
also Ciri is definitely going to make an appearance (as an easter egg), she actually acknowledges CB in the Witcher 3, she hid there for 6 months to stay hidden from Eredin
what

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
088dbb2f047ab59657ede2367d70cedb.png
surely that should be anti-sjw, not sjw

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i just want to have fun and press the buttons on my keyboard that make the characters do stuff and then indulge in the writing for the video game bit like reading a book and play some music and have fun while im playing the video game on my computer i dont know about all this politic stuff man maybe people should just be let to enjoy what they enjoy and then if you dont enjoy it because of some conceptualized hatred for what it stands for even though it's a video game that just stands for a consumer market except far better because CDPR's practices are supportive of the market rather than draining of our trust then you dont play it

Reactions: List

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
to clear up concerns, the rights holder to Cyberpunk's IP (Mike Pondsmith) would never let CD Projekt Red do a "the corporations are actually the good guys" twist, that entirely goes against what Cyberpunk is

also Ciri is definitely going to make an appearance (as an easter egg), she actually acknowledges CB in the Witcher 3, she hid there for 6 months to stay hidden from Eredin
Please let me bang Ciri please let me bang Ciri please let me bang Ciri

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
if there's one thing im going to be sad about it's probably going to be that Empathy isn't going to be portrayed correctly, or perhaps at all

if they had actual Empathy mechanics then it'd imply you can get a permanent game over by getting too many augmentations

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
if there's one thing im going to be sad about it's probably going to be that Empathy isn't going to be portrayed correctly, or perhaps at all

if they had actual Empathy mechanics then it'd imply you can get a permanent game over by getting too many augmentations
they've spoken about this in dev interviews already, there'll be debuffs and something something cyberpsychosis if you go too far

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
they've spoken about this in dev interviews already, there'll be debuffs and something something cyberpsychosis if you go too far

oh shit

but if they portray cyberpsychosis as it's portrayed in the tabletop then it's effectively death, your character becomes an NPC and instantly becomes hostile to everyone

they probably will have an imposed cap

it'd be cool if being too aug'd up stops you from doing diplomatic options because you lose the ability to empathize with people

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
oh shit

but if they portray cyberpsychosis as it's portrayed in the tabletop then it's effectively death, your character becomes an NPC and instantly becomes hostile to everyone

it'd be cool if being too aug'd up stops you from doing diplomatic options because you lose the ability to empathize with people
they did also say you can't go full maelstrom because it doesnt make sense for V. so there'll defo be an actual cap so you can't game over yourself and then debuffs for smaller stuff

D

Deleted member 3818

I just hope the "enemies" arent going to be your bog standard two dimensional bandits that just attack you on sight whilst screaming. I wanna be able to go into a pirate bar and make some friends or something.

Aleks

Vaporwaves Skeletons
Nebulae
I just hope the "enemies" arent going to be your bog standard two dimensional bandits that just attack you on sight whilst screaming. I wanna be able to go into a pirate bar and make some friends or something.
I think that would be very situational dependent (hopefully) like if you're breaking into a base of course they'll attack on sight. Though strolling into a bar maybe you can do some sort of deception depending on the faction?

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
oh shit

D

Deleted member 3818

I think that would be very situational dependent (hopefully) like if you're breaking into a base of course they'll attack on sight. Though strolling into a bar maybe you can do some sort of deception depending on the faction?
Yeah, what I dislike about a lot of open world RPGs is that whilst you can choose to be the bad guy through your actions and some quests, you're otherwise mostly forced into the role of the hero. I just hope there's plenty of questlines and interactability to suit all playstyles.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Yeah, what I dislike about a lot of open world RPGs is that whilst you can choose to be the bad guy through your actions and some quests, you're otherwise mostly forced into the role of the hero. I just hope there's plenty of questlines and interactability to suit all playstyles.
As I recall them saying once: We're not going to force you to shoot up a church, doesn't mean it isnt an option

Paraphrased obv but I really dont think they'll pit you into a hero role as much as other RPGs