Cyberpunk 2077

hbag

bitchmade
Nebulae
you can't base a singeplayer game on it's playerbase, your experience is just your own

why does this matter? why do they have to be politically aware about their personal lifes and workrelations over the machinations of a videogame that politically amounts to nothing in the real world. all purposes and pieces of writing in the game make sense for their designed narrative, they don't have to make sense for a 2020 audience in drawing parallels of relation to our current living. it's exaggerated, everything pops in some extreme or another.

i'm not gonna tell you how to live your life but if you apply an agenda to everything you consume you're going to stop enjoying it. if you hadn't noticed, CDPR is also a company running on the basis of capitalism; they're also there to make money - they also have a structure with a corporate ladder that lands better pay for higher positions etc etc. the whole thing is post-ironic.
if you read my post you'll notice i said this:
Sure, jokes are jokes and the opinions of the devs are entirely seperate from the game
meaning im not expecting the devs to bend their own opinions to my whim, i'm just saying dont go "wow corporations good!!!!!" on the official account of the anti-corporate game

Reactions: List

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
i just want to play video games, i dont want to know about politics fuck politics

hbag

bitchmade
Nebulae
i just want to play video games, i dont want to know about politics fuck politics
i know this (probably) wasnt what you were getting at but i gotta

freedom-is-not-free-but-it-should-be-fucking-sjws-46143778.png

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
i know this (probably) wasnt what you were getting at but i gotta

freedom-is-not-free-but-it-should-be-fucking-sjws-46143778.png
Yeah uh

You wanna know why this comic is a strawman piece of shit

Half life, Hotline miami and Doom don't preach to the player all the fucking time. They are fun video games

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
whole fucking subreddit full of people begging for ciri to be in the game (because it's not a good game unless your worm cranking material's in there right) and for the... cybertruck to be in it.
I mean The Witcher 3 made a pretty blatant Easter egg regarding it, I don't think them wanting her to show up as yet another Easter Egg is all too wrong, is it?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
to clear up concerns, the rights holder to Cyberpunk's IP (Mike Pondsmith) would never let CD Projekt Red do a "the corporations are actually the good guys" twist, that entirely goes against what Cyberpunk is

also Ciri is definitely going to make an appearance (as an easter egg), she actually acknowledges CB in the Witcher 3, she hid there for 6 months to stay hidden from Eredin

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
to clear up concerns, the rights holder to Cyberpunk's IP (Mike Pondsmith) would never let CD Projekt Red do a "the corporations are actually the good guys" twist, that entirely goes against what Cyberpunk is

also Ciri is definitely going to make an appearance (as an easter egg), she actually acknowledges CB in the Witcher 3, she hid there for 6 months to stay hidden from Eredin
wtf is that avatar