Dead Matter

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
EDIT 7/17/17 - WE ARE NOW ON KICKSTARTER:

It's been a long while that's we've been working away at this, and now we need help to get the ball rolling. Also fwiw I did ask Alex if I could post this here, and he was very kind in letting me do so.

Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qisoftware/dead-matter

EDIT 12/28/16 - WE HAVE BEEN GREENLIT:

X5x0vpZ.jpg

Our forums are located here: deadmatter.rocks however I'll still be poking into this thread and answering what I can, keeping people up to date, etc.

Heyo, I promised impulse and brightside about a month or so ago that I would post my game once I actually got it put onto greenlight, I also had an original thread for it way back when, that can be found here so here it is:

A6736332520A580F842B71C6DDF427D2D9D79102

4E791549FC1257C927FF9D121B9A8DAD2AC37482

CED34C54F5A959E37A4F851C18E20FE0DBCCC7FD

28C9820D0696E421F55297454F293FE3D670B150

Dead Matter is the definitive zombie survival game. Players must fight to survive in a zombie packed, post-apocalyptic world that fosters whichever playstyle fits you best. Settle down and defend your home from outside threats with an expansive crafting and barricading system, cultivate and live off the land or branch out, explore, and scavenge whatever vehicles, weapons, and food you may find in a zombie-plagued Calgary - alone, or with your friends.

Beginning as a mod in early 2012, before hitting a public release in January of 2013, Dead Matter is very much a long-time passion project for us. Suggestions, feedback, and discussion is very much welcome, as we aim to provide our players with the absolute best experience that we possibly can and to us, that means working alongside the community.

Being part of a very small team means that we, as developers, understandably have a lot on our plate and much of what you see here is the result of our team's unparalleled work ethic demonstrated through many months of extreme dedication and hard effort, even when some team members were working as a hobby project aside from their regular jobs. We believe nothing is impossible when the right amount of effort is applied, and we know that the final release will reflect that.

The nature of game development means that, through time, many features and plans may be scrapped or changed. Though nothing we've posted here is necessarily final, we do have a short list of some of our planned features and some of which are already fully integrated and interconnected....​

Link to GL: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817549407

Thanks for taking time to read this!

Last edited:

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Looks good don't get me wrong but, do you have any footage of player to zombie interaction and such? Or isn't that properly implemented yet?

Reactions: List

jooni

VAPORWAVE
Nebulae
Looks good don't get me wrong but, do you have any footage of player to zombie interaction and such? Or isn't that properly implemented yet?

The models weren't done in time, to address this we're going to put together a technical demonstration soon. I want to show off the third person animations as well considering those were pretty difficult to nail down properly.

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
The models weren't done in time, to address this we're going to put together a technical demonstration soon. I want to show off the third person animations as well considering those were pretty difficult to nail down properly.
Nice, again it looks really cool, wish you and those involved the best with the project!

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Glad to see this finally on green light, pretty sure you've been sending me screenshots and videos practically since the day you started working on it.

Looks awesome.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This looks incredible and I want to play it now.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Fantastic work as always Johnny, glad to see you and your team are still working on it and getting some good results from the various screenshots you've sent me while you were working on it. Needless to say, it definitely stands out from a lot of the other stuff on greenlight atm, especially considering a lot of the asset copy/pasting shit that's still going on as far as I know

Either way, I wish you all the best with this.

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Not gonna lie, the Graphics here look astounding from what I've seen. Movement looks fluid and there seems to be an extensive number of Melee Weapons to say the least. Although, as expected, I've got Questions in regards to what is currently in the game and what may/will be added in the future:

Will you be able to play Offline/in a Private Server with your Friends or will you always have to Join a Server/Require an Internet Connection?

Will there be Character Customization?

Is there Vehicles and if so, can we Modify them in any way? (Colour, Performance, Bodywork Changes, etc)

Other than those questions, this looks like it has the possible potential to set itself apart from DayZ or H1Z1. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes and what the final product will look like. Best of luck to say the least; I struggle to even make a fucking Turtle draw a Triangle in Small-Basic.

Last edited:

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
This looks absolutely amazing and the attention to detail is stunning.

Best of luck

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Is there any sort of Base Building elements?
pretty sure the page says

Settle down and defend your home from outside threats with an expansive crafting and barricading system, cultivate and live off the land or branch out, explore, and scavenge whatever vehicles, weapons, and food you may find in a zombie-plagued Calgary - alone, or with your friends.

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
looks good but don't let me down, there's just too many "unique and innovative" zombie survival games that are just copied horseshits noawadays