• No

• No, but... (comment below)

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
cold war setting with grand strategy map thing would be nice

Build off of where stasiland left off even.

NATO makes a landing and that's where the server starts. People can try to paint the map their color. Soviets could push 'em out and go for the Brits or something, I don't know.

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
cold war is done and dusted. if people want that then there's an abundance of shows about that for them to watch. tried, tried and tried for a third time, and each ailed at least twice as fast as modern iterations of the ww3rp format. roll on 2014-2016 era modern setting.

heis

gamer
Nebulae

i was literally 14, 15 on some of these now i turn 20 this year. nothing like having a hefty computer that ran arma 3 but getting 20fps on ww3rp

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Memes aside, I understand that people have shaped the 90's lore, but I'm still of the mind that going near-future similar to Arma 3 as somebody said here would be a very neat idea, you wouldn't have to ditch everything that players have contributed to, as you could easily keep the events in-place but put the time forward into 2040+ and reshape how the world has changed together with ideas from people here, as I said before, finally be able to drop the war of ideology for something different as countries could change to a different alliance and give a wider degree of choice of which faction to play instead of West versus East. I don't think you'd even have to introduce any augmentations or a lot of sci-fi content into it as it'd be a lot of work just to introduce it lore-wise and content-wise.

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
cold war is done and dusted. if people want that then there's an abundance of shows about that for them to watch. tried, tried and tried for a third time, and each ailed at least twice as fast as modern iterations of the ww3rp format. roll on 2014-2016 era modern setting.
That’s something I also feel like myself. But then again I can’t help but think a more “modern” type like 2016 or so would just be too political for some people. And yet then again I feel something with China and today’s NATO forces could prove interesting.

Maybe something in the 2010s or 2000s perhaps? Maybe picking up from the previous ‘83, ‘90, ‘91, and ‘92 lore and expanding on it. Maybe like a “minor” skirmish area like we have just experienced not long ago ourselves with the whole Nagorno-Karabakh debacle

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
So some people want 90s, some people want 2040s, some people want modern, some people want generations that cycles through all of that plus WW2.

Glad we're all split on the superficial elements of the server.

I think more productive discussion should be focused on the gameplay we want to see. Features, etc.

Jello

Roleplay
Nebulae
It’d be cool to have some actual progression, start in the late 90’s and then through operations move forward in time. This gives people a chance to code weapons and so forth, while also giving an actual sense of progression, and gives meaning to the events.
I don’t particularly want to be shooting bolt action rifles all day, I’d prefer to use the weapons that were being used in previous iterations (M4A1, AN-94), but if they’re not fully developed yet I understand.
I also liked the introduction of the grappling gear back in the day, and instead of EvoCity being on the ground I vividly remember people could be anywhere on the map. Whether you liked it or not is another question, and it’s reintroduction is also a debating point.
Besides that yeah I’d love play on some of the old classic maps again (frostbite, apocalypse, pripyat, salvation stalker)

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
A6DB631EC936B42AD7F9622502A8A5B1A1D53666
this image has spoken to me and reminded me that i, on flynn am the globalist sitting on the wall
was first in and immediately got shot to shit and sat on the wall while the FT fought over that door corner until another coal team came in the rear and fucking killed everybody but me

D

Deleted member 3818

at the end of the day as long as I get to load up ww3rp again and hear some stalker ambience music my life will be complete

Nebulae
Glad we're all split on the superficial elements of the server.

I think more productive discussion should be focused on the gameplay we want to see. Features, etc.
It's just discussion at the end of the day, personally I'd be okay with it regardless of setting

It's not like people are running around flaming eachother because x didn't agree that the server should be set in 2035

Cuttsy

Proton
Nebulae
90s is probably too dry for a lot of people and hasn't had much success in the past

future isn't practical on a 16 year old game and would probably end up memey very quickly

present day would be better imo but I get that we have a massive lore that would be wasted

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I don't care what time era it is, as long as I get to hunt down and decapitate BLUFOR and REDFOR troops as a fundamentalist insurgent

as long as the retarded ERP bait characters, and general fuckery goes away it doesnt matter

Bork

Roleplay Punisher
Nebulae

i was literally 14, 15 on some of these now i turn 20 this year. nothing like having a hefty computer that ran arma 3 but getting 20fps on ww3rp

Yo, I remember that last video so well, god damn. My character was Thomas Fleury. Nostalgic times Heis, very cool thx
:grinning: