• Yes, but.... (comment below)

• No

• No, but... (comment below)

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
marksman faction, make it happen i wanna dunk on nerds again without them ever hearing the shot

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
cold war's the best setting tbh.
i dont want super ultra tactical world war three roleplay where you can call in a uber mid battle
Is it a good setting? Yes. Has it also been done around four times now over the span of about 3+ years? Yes.

It’s had its time as far as I’m concerned, and with games that’re coming out at the moment; there’s so many games that’re able to be an incredible Cold War FPS by taking the best bits of WW3RP and isolating them into their own standalone titles.

I want something completely new. Even if I know it’s already gonna be Cold War since Roosebud won’t put the time into building something new when the framework already exists, I just know that it’s time has come and gone; and that people want something completely new that doesn’t rely upon nostalgia as it’s selling point for why it’s a good gamemode.

The formula is fine, but everything needs changing. A new lore & setting, new gameplay elements, potentially bureaucratic components of militaries for people to play to broaden RP opportunities. Just something that isn’t the same as what we’ve done before that “worked in the past” is all.

Reactions: List

Nova

Proton
Nebulae
Instead of being on the cities, maybe we could have a frontline ish place if it is NATO v Russia and her allies again? Or maybe what ww3rp needs is moving away from the cities. That might actually let people use more tactics and ambushes around. Or Guerilla warfare could be nice too.

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
Instead of being on the cities, maybe we could have a frontline ish place if it is NATO v Russia and her allies again? Or maybe what ww3rp needs is moving away from the cities. That might actually let people use more tactics and ambushes around. Or Guerilla warfare could be nice too.
pretty sure that stuff already happened on stasiland, mid-late game
- country setting
- NATO vs commie frontlines (late game)
- "guerila warfare" (aka just driving a technical and shooting soviets, sometimes sniping a soviet)
not a lot was done late game, since the server pretty much died

dont remember much. but pretty sure tactics were kinda thrown out of the window and brought back at some point.

D

Deleted member 3818

I've always wanted to go back to a tunnel map like with the old korean campaign, was so cool creeping around cramped dark sewers and stuff. Made for some really tense and unique firefights as well as roleplay

Cuttsy

Proton
Nebulae

pretty sure that stuff already happened on stasiland, mid-late game
- country setting
- NATO vs commie frontlines (late game)
- "guerila warfare" (aka just driving a technical and shooting soviets, sometimes sniping a soviet)
not a lot was done late game, since the server pretty much died

dont remember much. but pretty sure tactics were kinda thrown out of the window and brought back at some point.

nothing beats the urban maps like pripyat especially if you want tactics and guerilla warfare

if you saw a team running down the middle of the town in pripyat (between the two rows of flats) you knew they were dead

I agree with mesa sometimes countryside maps are too dispersed for ww3rp

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
to be honest
a urban map would probably be a nice experience, as long as soviet/nato/insurgent arent just bumrushing like its cod

also
something that'd work for civvies too. whilst gm_pripyat's probably one of the best maps for a heavy action scenario, i think there should be something that works for everyone tbh

Last edited:

Jello

Roleplay
Nebulae