Dwarf Fortress: Seagull noises edition.

sots

community bear
Nebulae
i think you could make it better if you grew the crops yourself although ive yet to figure out exactly how to do it effectively so i just rely on gathering shit when it pops up, havent had more than 25 dwarfs though so idk how well this scales up
grow plump helmets all year around and ban cooking them under labour->kitchen, when theyre cooked you dont get seeds back so it isnt sustainable, but if you only brew them then u have alcohol all year around

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Y'all farm? I just have the entire top layer of the surface marked as a plant gathering area and I have 20 dwarves and 1200 food (all fruit/veg). I don't even have a fuckin textile industry, I just order and buy crates of cloth, thread and silk where possible and occasionally shear my sheep herd.

sots

community bear
Nebulae
Y'all farm? I just have the entire top layer of the surface marked as a plant gathering area and I have 20 dwarves and 1200 food (all fruit/veg). I don't even have a fuckin textile industry, I just order and buy crates of cloth, thread and silk where possible and occasionally shear my sheep herd.
U1kG7cj.png

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Is there even a way to say "only harvest when food drops below x"? Like I'm creating luxury meals at this point just to burn through the food I have because my stockpiles literally can't keep up, and while I could sell the excess to traders, food is heavy but gems aren't.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

dwarves consider above-ground crops to be decidedly mid

farming underground is based af, i usually dedicate my entire first layer of my fortress to a map-wide farming colony

i usually get a legendary planter within the first few months just from the sheer amount of shit they're planting

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
image.png

Dancer chose the wrong bar to morb, got webbed by a dozen giant pet spiders and he was swarmed, don't think he was able to infect anyone before dying.

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Ah fuck I think my fort is succoming to FPS death I'm at peak 200 pop and I'm seeing the FPS drop to 2

I'm considering opening the circus.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Bro there's like 8 of them and they can rip my dwarves in half what the fuck how did SO MANY DIE AND REANIMATE

I SURE AS FUCK DIDN'T DO IT

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Ah fuck I think my fort is succoming to FPS death I'm at peak 200 pop and I'm seeing the FPS drop to 2

I'm considering opening the circus.

Retire and make a new fort

you can always return to a retired fort

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Retire and make a new fort

you can always return to a retired fort
Maybe so, I just wanna leave a bit of !fun! before considering this fort done ye know, make a big impact to history compared to my Gold volcano fort.

Also fun fact if you reclaim a volcano fort the lava bugs out and triggers an eruption which explains why it happened the first time.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
image.png

Dancer chose the wrong bar to morb, got webbed by a dozen giant pet spiders and he was swarmed, don't think he was able to infect anyone before dying.

Fun Fact: With all your giant cave spiders you can trap a forbidden beast if you let one of the giant cave spiders web the trap and the forbidden beast walks on it.

Then you can use the forbidden beast as a weapon against attackers or as entertainment!

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Fun Fact: With all your giant cave spiders you can trap a forbidden beast if you let one of the giant cave spiders web the trap and the forbidden beast walks on it.

Then you can use the forbidden beast as a weapon against attackers or as entertainment!

Damn I wish I knew that sooner I had a forgotten beast disposed off with my kobold crew, fairly easy kill but I bet the next one is gonna be a nightmare.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Damn I wish I knew that sooner I had a forgotten beast disposed off with my kobold crew, fairly easy kill but I bet the next one is gonna be a nightmare.
Yeah, some forgotten beasts are easy and some are deadly as hell. I won't spoil much but they can come with different dangers associated with them!

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Yeah, some forgotten beasts are easy and some are deadly as hell. I won't spoil much but they can come with different dangers associated with them!
Aye I had a
fire-breathing maggot
that occupys my old volcano fort, honestly can't wait for adventure mode to revisit it and try to kill it myself because its made its hoard sitting on a literal goldmine

the damn creature swam through my magma street too lmao

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
FlFnFosXoAAt-6E

Another FB climbed up my Atom smasher pit I was digging down and my spear master had the high ground and I think all it took was a good few jabs to make it fall nearly 100 z levels straight to concrete ground and splash.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
FlFnFosXoAAt-6E

Another FB climbed up my Atom smasher pit I was digging down and my spear master had the high ground and I think all it took was a good few jabs to make it fall nearly 100 z levels straight to concrete ground and splash.

The Spearmaster photographed before the fall

balrog.jpg

Last edited:

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i love how detailed this game is especially when it comes to describing events and characters and actions but i have such a shit attention span that if its not moving and making sounds like a baby sensory video i cant pay attention to it so i feel like i miss out on so much especially combat