Dwarf Fortress: Seagull noises edition.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
pretty much like that but with less direct control over dorfs, especially in regards to combat

your only real orders in combat are "KILL THAT THING" or "GO THERE" but the combat logs and seeing how they go about that is the fun part :)
So it basically revolves around
sit still, click here, do that, wait and the likes?

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
what's this gameplay actually like

stuff like Rimworld?
If you played Rimwolrd you will start building a base like it's rimworld, till you realize you fucked up and die.

At which point the second base will be a proper DWORF BASE >:D

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Aquifiers are funny things, sometimes they're 1-level deep and honestly barely an issue, and sometimes they're on the cavern layer, and make it a pain in the ass to access em. I also am not sure, but it sure as hell feels like if I crack open an aquifer in a cavern, that eventually, if given enough time, that mf will fill the cavern

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
yeah you can assign dwarves to manually turn screwpumps
its inefficient as fuck but it will make them inexhaustible powerhouses in no time

i have it so my military spends 2 seasons doing nothing but training, and 2 seasons doing nothing but operating a screwpump

within the year they were all at max stats and grand masters at combat
Okay I'm doing this rn and I've noticed some of them saying they're thirsty - I need to know, can I just set em to it and come back later, or do I need to pay attention to them so they don't starve/dehydrate themselves attempting to become swole

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Okay I'm doing this rn and I've noticed some of them saying they're thirsty - I need to know, can I just set em to it and come back later, or do I need to pay attention to them so they don't starve/dehydrate themselves attempting to become swole

they'll stop to go grab a drink i think

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I tried to offer an entire bin of priceless gems to a fuckin elven caravan as a gift in an attempt to create friendly relations and the fucker went "HOW DARE YOU HAND ME THE CORPSE OF A TREE" and stormed out. I now understand why dwarves hate elves.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I tried to offer an entire bin of priceless gems to a fuckin elven caravan as a gift in an attempt to create friendly relations and the fucker went "HOW DARE YOU HAND ME THE CORPSE OF A TREE" and stormed out. I now understand why dwarves hate elves.

the issue was the bin
its made of wood.

lmao

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the issue was the bin
its made of wood.

lmao
a wooden bin CONTAINING AN ABSURD AMOUNT OF WEALTH INTENDED AS A GIFT and they SLIGHTED US

this_is_going_in_the_book_of_GRUDGES.jpg

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Elves deserve nothing but the death penalty

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I have a group of crossbowmen, with wooden crossbows. They have backpacks and they have quivers, yet for some reason they refuse to use any of the 600 iron bolts I've made for them. I know they should be fine, as I've had crossbowmen on previous forts, so any idea why they're not accepting the bolts?
image.png

image.png

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Started a new world to try out the mods.

I learned I can straight up vaporise my dwarves when I pull the lever on the bridge and my dwarf walking on it was yeeted into the sun, declared as missing no trace of the body, and I was intending to set up a magma trap woops!

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Started a new world to try out the mods.

I learned I can straight up vaporise my dwarves when I pull the lever on the bridge and my dwarf walking on it was yeeted into the sun, declared as missing no trace of the body, and I was intending to set up a magma trap woops!
you discovered the atom smasher, congrats

I'm hesitant on using it, as apparently it can (or used to) cause memory leaks due to not being able to properly dispose of stuff

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
In other news, a forgotten beast came and my stupid fucking archer dwarves ARE STILL REFUSING TO EQUIP THE IRON BOLTS so I quit without saving. I'm sure I'll figure it out later

I have a group of crossbowmen, with wooden crossbows. They have backpacks and they have quivers, yet for some reason they refuse to use any of the 600 iron bolts I've made for them. I know they should be fine, as I've had crossbowmen on previous forts, so any idea why they're not accepting the bolts?
image.png

image.png
For real though, does anyone know

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm seriously considering starting over tbh. Now that I know the surface is important I feel like I've over invested underground and I'm in a spot where the surface isn't really defendable. Plus this bug with my archers is slowly driving me insane.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
The trogs got in somehow, I'll have to set up an army now

y2ksBuz.jpeg

sots

community bear
Nebulae
In other news, a forgotten beast came and my stupid fucking archer dwarves ARE STILL REFUSING TO EQUIP THE IRON BOLTS so I quit without saving. I'm sure I'll figure it out later
archers are broken right now they wont pick up bolts :) seems like a very big bug to just be chilling like that but yeah dont bother with them, just keep enough bolts and crossbows around for your hunters. at least i think

Last edited:

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
archers are broken right now they wont pick up bolts :) seems like a very big bug to just be chilling like that but yeah dont bother with them, just keep enough bolts and crossbows around for your hunters. at least i think
Ballin, I say, turning around to my new fort with that got a migrant wave of competent marksmen, sobbing into my hands