Dwarf Fortress: Seagull noises edition.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
A bunch of drunk kids decided to pick a fight in the tavern. In short, numerous wounded and I now have three dead children, two somehow gelded.

getting hit in the nuts has a chance of gelding

its fucking hilarious

Reactions: List

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Outside of the vampire in my lake I've honestly yet to encounter any werebeasts yet, just uninvited guests and sieges.

Luck of the world gen's condition with werebeast population I bet, every world I make with default settings there's always a guarantee some visitor starts morbing when I least expect it. and its worse when it can spread like a pandemic if you banish a whole load of cursed dwarves to their own and even in my next fort one of my embarking dwarves was a wereporcupine >_<

Aand another werelizard just morbed and probably cursed 3 of my citizens, I cannot willingly escape the furry menace!

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Latest mystery; I keep finding constant pools of blood in various spots - mostly on the surface, and they're seemingly coming from one of my dwarves (as it specifically says dwarf blood) and they've gotta be fresh as they're always there so they're not being washed away or anything, but here's the bigger problem: the name of the dwarf the blood belongs to, I have zero dwarves in my fort named it, no visitors, nothing. I've noticed that the names dwarves are listed as aren't always the same as the names on their personal profiles (the thing you see when you click people. This also happens constantly with fucking bards or soldiers that want to join and it's such an annoying fucking pain imo) but regardless of the naming convention issue, there is no notifications of any injured dwarves, no dwarves are visiting my hospital to get patched up, so something has to be amiss. Any ideas? Should I be worried?

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Latest mystery; I keep finding constant pools of blood in various spots - mostly on the surface, and they're seemingly coming from one of my dwarves (as it specifically says dwarf blood) and they've gotta be fresh as they're always there so they're not being washed away or anything, but here's the bigger problem: the name of the dwarf the blood belongs to, I have zero dwarves in my fort named it, no visitors, nothing. I've noticed that the names dwarves are listed as aren't always the same as the names on their personal profiles (the thing you see when you click people. This also happens constantly with fucking bards or soldiers that want to join and it's such an annoying fucking pain imo) but regardless of the naming convention issue, there is no notifications of any injured dwarves, no dwarves are visiting my hospital to get patched up, so something has to be amiss. Any ideas? Should I be worried?
>he doesn't know about what awaits him

sots

community bear
Nebulae
KRGz937.png

im gonna rip my fucking head off i have blocked every tile in this corridor and the water just keeps on fucking coming, ive checked all the way up the stairs and its all blocked off the same way, and theres no mist so it cant be falling where is this fucking water coming from fuck aquifers

EDIT: YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE WALLS ABOVE IT WITH CONSTRUCTED WALLS TOO? PAIN IN MY AAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS
gegrivt.png

Last edited:

sots

community bear
Nebulae
btBEEUx.png

suffered our first attack in my newest fort, and after my captain lost his warhammer he decided to rip a gobbos throat out. metal as fuck. also proceeded to bash the next gobbo with his shield

sots

community bear
Nebulae
rf5iWAG.png
gojXok5.png

CqR8FXN.png

guess who made an aquifer well bitches!!!

sots

community bear
Nebulae
YL4lKwY.png

i approve spike pits as a fort defense method 🆒

sots

community bear
Nebulae
the fuck are you defending here

a wall?
THxtYp5.png

so i have two seperate entrances to my base, a normal entrance and a "fuck gobbos" entrance. when an invasion arrives, i close the main gate, and open the trap entrance

they see a "direct route in" and rush it, where they then walk straight into a huge line of falling rock traps next to a pit. when they try to dodge the falling rock, they end up falling 5 floors down into a pit of spikes, which has a dwarf operating a lever on repeat to force the spikes to go up and down. if they do end up climbing out with broken legs, they end up in that big arena with 20 axe and hammer dwarves