Molecule
Nebulae
BFUArFk.jpeg

First cavern at last

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I've somehow become a barony and people WONT STOP COMING TO MY FORT THERE ARE OVER EIGHTY PEOPLE, THIS IS TOO MUCH. I honestly barely have anything, I'm 3 floors and still trying to carve out my massive fucking mistake of a bedroom system, the only way we're even still alive is because we've not been sieged yet, I have like 4 dwarves who are even remotely combat trained, and all of my animals are still on the surface because I have no idea how to grow grass underground. If I get sieged, I better pray my drawbridge gambit works out or I'm soooo fucked.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I've somehow become a barony and people WONT STOP COMING TO MY FORT THERE ARE OVER EIGHTY PEOPLE, THIS IS TOO MUCH. I honestly barely have anything, I'm 3 floors and still trying to carve out my massive fucking mistake of a bedroom system, the only way we're even still alive is because we've not been sieged yet, I have like 4 dwarves who are even remotely combat trained, and all of my animals are still on the surface because I have no idea how to grow grass underground. If I get sieged, I better pray my drawbridge gambit works out or I'm soooo fucked.

i have an Axe Lord who is legendary in like every combat skill + axes
i haven't got steel yet but when i do I'm giving him a full set

he's already wrestled a titan to the ground and stomped on its neck to death

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i have an Axe Lord who is legendary in like every combat skill + axes
i haven't got steel yet but when i do I'm giving him a full set

he's already wrestled a titan to the ground and stomped on its neck to death
I got three dudes who are "aiiiiight?" at shooting shit, and two guys with maces who are competent

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
And seriously, how tf do I make grass underground so I can move these dumb ass animals off the surface before a goblin siege comes and kills them or the idiots tending to them

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
And seriously, how tf do I make grass underground so I can move these dumb ass animals off the surface before a goblin siege comes and kills them or the idiots tending to them

ya dont

make a moat, or walls around your underground section

no proper dwarven fort is just a pair of stairs in a hole in the ground

I got three dudes who are "aiiiiight?" at shooting shit, and two guys with maces who are competent

make sure to set them to train either constantly, or be scheduled training
also give them a barracks, and ASSIGN THEM THE BARRACKS

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Once you unlock caverns depending on the cavern type fungus will grow on any dirt soil of you fort. So you can put them there. I haven't found a way to actually graze animals down there. Best suggestion if you really don't wanna bother above ground is dig a small stair for animals with a big boat and walls+roof around it so they can graze on the patch of land they have.

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
just spent 2 hours fucking around with gear assemblies and axles in order to make my first machine: a wind-driven screw pump that empties a single tile on a lower level of its water. instead of flowing through the tunnel i had constructed like i hoped it just sorta formed a puddle on the floor in front of it that later dried up.

baby steps, fellas.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
just spent 2 hours fucking around with gear assemblies and axles in order to make my first machine: a wind-driven screw pump that empties a single tile on a lower level of its water. instead of flowing through the tunnel i had constructed like i hoped it just sorta formed a puddle on the floor in front of it that later dried up.

baby steps, fellas.

i have 10 iron screwpumps in my barracks
they don't lead to anything, they don't move any water
i just have my military use them whenever they can, because it trains all of their physical stats

basically, they're pumping iron

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
in other news, this game loves to crash. I was in the middle of smoothing my residential floor.

I have an itch on the roof of my mouth that only a gun barrel can scratch

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i have 10 iron screwpumps in my barracks
they don't lead to anything, they don't move any water
i just have my military use them whenever they can, because it trains all of their physical stats

basically, they're pumping iron
wait fr?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

yeah you can assign dwarves to manually turn screwpumps
its inefficient as fuck but it will make them inexhaustible powerhouses in no time

i have it so my military spends 2 seasons doing nothing but training, and 2 seasons doing nothing but operating a screwpump

within the year they were all at max stats and grand masters at combat

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
image.png

Behold my spider Library

Certain events happened in my fort while gobbos were idling outside my moat:

20 Kobolds died in the tantrum riots, the instigating planter got dumped into the moat through the well. deaths included my stockkeeper and one of my military kobolds among the chaos.

A child murdered a fisherman singlehandedly from a tantrum snap.

A forgotten beast swooped in and ate the idling snakewomen that were sitting on top of the mushroom for years and has taken their place idlding on their spot.

image.png

image.png

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
it seems i may have settled on a heavy aquifer instead of a light aquifer without looking
j7YRO0a.png

hahahah its just two hours guys its just two hours ill just go again haha haha
Good god Heavy aquafier is just the worst and I can't stand Light aqua's if theyre annoyingly deep to dig through.

time to study some Pump mechanisms.

sots

community bear
Nebulae
what's this gameplay actually like

stuff like Rimworld?
pretty much like that but with less direct control over dorfs, especially in regards to combat

your only real orders in combat are "KILL THAT THING" or "GO THERE" but the combat logs and seeing how they go about that is the fun part :)