Fall of Geneva | Feedback

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
@Gary when you sent me this I remember thinking 'I SHOULD SCOURE THIS TO FIND OUT WHAT HES DOING FOR THE ENDING' but then promptly forgot about it, I've just found the full speech in my addon pack ahaha
ErGQHpb.png

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I'll save the good for tonight. The spectacle at the end was cool, and being able to unwind with some casual RP after all the fighting was a welcome change. Definitely relieved to leave this chapter of the server behind us. I might have to summarize more negative aspects in a thread of its own, as I feel I may have somethings to condense from my experiences since Day One.

Still, ultimately I was left with a good vibe, and I reckon I'll look back on this fondly.

Gyarik

gu
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
The moment rebels knew Geneva became theirs was so satisfying, it really compensated for the extremely poor server performance during s2k, and I have honestly never participated in a better organized event than this.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
And hats off to rebels for not offing Mearsheimer on sight. Vorts overprepared with how smoothly it turned out.

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
So uhh

Will we get to find out why/how Breen is alive
this reminds me to ask: did people look at/get to see the broadcasting screens around the city? we weren't sure if anything was broken and from testing things in singleplayer the RT screens were beyond fucked on my end

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
this reminds me to ask: did people look at/get to see the broadcasting screens around the city? we weren't sure if anything was broken and from testing things in singleplayer the RT screens were beyond fucked on my end
i don’t think anyone actually looked at the screens because of the sky

Last edited:

Aspect™

Proton
Nebulae
I wasn't able to directly participate unfortunately, but watching the videos, I just have to say.
Whoever was responsible for the writing of that speech and the entire ending sequence, just... wow.

Nebulae
i wish i had something more to say that hasn't been already but

im so fucking proud of what's been achieved tonight

even though i havent actually had a chance to directly take responsibility over any part of the ending event (in large part because ive been too busy setting up fort knapp and balancing for the final week of constant chaos gameplay), i feel a personal ownership to the final effort over the absolutely suffocating amount of brainstorming ive overloaded @OneClassyBanana and @PeaceAndMagick89 and @Erkor with in the lore discord

to say nothing of the countless, countless hours of brainstorming in @Numbers ' DMs where the real shit is cooked and the future of our iteration semi-regularly becomes clear to me in half-insane hallucinations

as soon as the event was finished i passiveRPed on rebel side for 6 hours straight and it's been some of the most fun ive had this week; the perfect way to celebrate the effort put in and the stress undertaken, the very real fruits of our labor

stay tuned for a sequel post to the timeline thread

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
i wish i had something more to say that hasn't been already but

im so fucking proud of what's been achieved tonight

even though i havent actually had a chance to directly take responsibility over any part of the ending event (in large part because ive been too busy setting up fort knapp and balancing for the final week of constant chaos gameplay), i feel a personal ownership to the final effort over the absolutely suffocating amount of brainstorming ive overloaded @OneClassyBanana and @PeaceAndMagick89 and @Erkor with in the lore discord

to say nothing of the countless, countless hours of brainstorming in @Numbers ' DMs where the real shit is cooked and the future of our iteration semi-regularly becomes clear to me in half-insane hallucinations

as soon as the event was finished i passiveRPed on rebel side for 6 hours straight and it's been some of the most fun ive had this week; the perfect way to celebrate the effort put in and the stress undertaken, the very real fruits of our labor

stay tuned for a sequel post to the timeline thread
dunno ark think neb's dead.

season 2 wont last 2 months.

Nebulae
dunno ark think neb's dead.

season 2 wont last 2 months.

dude i was counting down to the 2 month milestone waiting to pop the metaphorical champagne over it for like the entirety of asheville & half of metro

then it slipped my mind a few days before it actually happened and everyone else remembered instead of me

at least it was commemorated by the epic rebel spawn raid & combine soviet suicide charges

it is absolutely insane how we just keep doing better and better

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
something that's just popped into my brain (yeah i have one funnily enough)

for a good while ive felt as though the resistance's progress has been a little too quick; i.e. us getting ahold of the grav gun, us sieging a city, etc i feel could've been something done later and that the last few months should've been a bit more grassroots

and, to an extent, i still feel like that

big fat fucking HOWEVER

with how this finale was handled, ive lightened up a lot on that. the opening of the portal, breenspeech, and the general consensus that sieging this city was just the 'beginning' both ic and ooc, i feel like that's sort of brought the bar of what's considered 'grassroots' down to somewhere im personally a lot happier with.

Nebulae
something that's just popped into my brain (yeah i have one funnily enough)

for a good while ive felt as though the resistance's progress has been a little too quick; i.e. us getting ahold of the grav gun, us sieging a city, etc i feel could've been something done later and that the last few months should've been a bit more grassroots

and, to an extent, i still feel like that

big fat fucking HOWEVER

with how this finale was handled, ive lightened up a lot on that. the opening of the portal, breenspeech, and the general consensus that sieging this city was just the 'beginning' both ic and ooc, i feel like that's sort of brought the bar of what's considered 'grassroots' down to somewhere im personally a lot happier with.
nah man
everything is just on time, storytelling didn't take its good time till everyone got bored and stopped playing

it is just the prime time to tie it up perfectly,
the directors behind the play we all partook in, did splendid perfect job in my eyes

Nebulae
Now that the awe of yesterday has worn off, I think I can provide some critiques of the event, although keep in mind I still think everything was pretty well crafted even with my complaints.

1: Combine side defeat felt a lot more...railroaded? Which is fine, but it does make the hour or so of initial s2k seem pointless. An example of this was when we were pushing up past HPR-1 after beating back rebels and out of nowhere we were told to just retreat for no reason and allow the rebels to regain all their lost ground instantly.

2. While this is a more sever wide suggestion, but reducing weapon damage, especially vorts could make combat feel less twitchy and chokepoint focused. Once the palace siege started anyone who didn't have a long range weapon couldn't really do anything, and those who tried closing the gap got one shot by vort beams. Didn't notice this much on rebel side, but I imagine some rebel mains in the event might share similar sentiments.

3. For this type event I understand it's unavoidable, but with the large influx of MP7's and ammo from the siege vendors it not only throws off the weapon economy of the map (and possibly future ones) but also resulted in outright suicidal rushes from both sides. With S2K I know it's fair to expect some break of immersion due to gameplay reasons, but seeing meek femchar #3819 jumping towards you firing a MP7 in a suicide attack sorta snaps me out of the atmosphere of the event. A solution to this could be having supply shortages or resupply events where one side would have their vendors temp disabled and therefore would have to play more conservatively for a bit. Perhaps throw in an event where they have to defend supply caches and if they do so successfully the vendor is turned back on alongside some addition goodies being added.

Although in the end these are only minor nitpicks of an otherwise amazing event. Writing was absolutely fire and makes me excited to be back in HL2RP.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
From the inner courtyard there were no screens but I listened really closely to his voice. Breen's dead I'm almost certain of that but it almost felt like the Combine used his voice and even mashed some of his OLDER speeches in there "And chosen to relocat-" before it glitches and carries on for example.

I might be looking too deep into this but the speech sounded inorganic but regardless it was super fucking cool.

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
3. For this type event I understand it's unavoidable, but with the large influx of MP7's and ammo from the siege vendors it not only throws off the weapon economy of the map (and possibly future ones) but also resulted in outright suicidal rushes from both sides.

fun fact: there were almost 40 mp7s just sittin around on this map by the end of it. so much so that we had to delete them for performance

this was BEFORE this event. mp7s may as well be suitcases