Fallout 3 or New Vegas

D

Deleted member 930

Lonesome road, honest hearts, Dead money, old world blues.

The thing that NV nailed that 3 dropped the ball at were characters in DLC. They felt really bland but in NV,they were gripping, exciting and almost loveable.

Truely, the best times I had in NV were listening to Ulysses ramble on about bears, bulls and flags like an escapee from a veteran's mental institution for animal lovers, it was beautiful. Finally meeting Elijah in dead money and stabbing his face was amazingly satisfying. Meeting Joshua Graham face to face for the first time as he assembles and loads his .45's was both interesting to listen to, and really fucking unnerving.

Now in a larger spectrum, 3 had a greater 'goal' as many would say, but so few of it's characters felt likeable or interesting and Winter just seemed two-dimensional at times, whereas Caesar, House and yes man all had great personality and drive, as opposed to Winter's 'fucking peasants do as the enclave says and we give water alright lad?'

That is all.

I could get lost in Ulysses eyes for hours...
Caesar legion seems to have good intentions for their fellow profligates

Reactions: List

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae

i absolutely adore this vid tbf

But New Vegas. I haven't played through 3 myself but I just don't feel like it's worth it - plus, NV is already a spectacular experience.

i mean you can be a femme fatale character who literally murders every man in her sight hellye

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
if you dont think old world blues was the best dlc for new vegas then you are objectively wrong

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
9XW98de.png

*honk honk*

transcended p doggo
Nebulae
New Vegas felt like a Fallout 3 DLC and made the whole thing feel shallow for me when there wasn't anything new added.
What are you insane?

Fallout New Vegas has a much more interesting lore and an actual point instead of "Find Daddy. ONO daddy dead :("

New Vegas will always have a special place in my heart and the DLCs were the shit. You don't play the game without the DLCs.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What are you insane?

Fallout New Vegas has a much more interesting lore and an actual point instead of "Find Daddy. ONO daddy dead :("

New Vegas will always have a special place in my heart and the DLCs were the shit. You don't play the game without the DLCs.

Ye I am

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
FO3 has The Enclave and some of my fave DLC (Point Lookout & Mothership Zeta) that utterly eclipsed the main story. Zeta especially was a blast.

New Vegas has a better atmosphere and more memorable factions and is just all around better.

*honk honk*

transcended p doggo
Nebulae
I totally agree with Caesar's Legion but the Elite Ranger armor doesn't fit the faction sadly :(

The only times I actually pick NCR is the times I want to play with the dope ranger armor TBH.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I still believe that Fallout 4 is the best one.

Mainly because I prefer gameplay over story.