Fallout 76

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
online fallout could've been cool, if I could have run my own server with a specific community. But it seems that 76's design is intentionally making sure it doesn't happen in this game

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 118

It's set in six West Virginia regions.
"All-new graphics, lighting and landscape technology brings to life six distinct West Virginia regions. From the forests of Appalachia to the noxious crimson expanses of the Cranberry Bog, each region offers its own risks and rewards. Post-nuclear America has never looked so beautiful!"

also here's a rough idea of the map
oAsVz8V.png
TP1RhBP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TP1RhBP.jpg

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Personally I find it disturbing that fallout, a game centred about the horrors of surviving the aftermath of a nuclear war, would then just let you get your own nukes and fire them for shits and giggles at other people.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Anyone else wondering how VATS gonna be tying into coop?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Anyone else wondering how VATS gonna be tying into coop?

might just be real time

or it might slow down time by 25% per person using it idk

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I used it like a pause system on NV and 3 ngl

i remember jumping off 100 foot drops and surviving because vats made you immortal lmfao

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
Personally I find it disturbing that fallout, a game centred about the horrors of surviving the aftermath of a nuclear war, would then just let you get your own nukes and fire them for shits and giggles at other people.
It's because this isn't a story, it's most likely gonna be some shitty online game with some fallout meshes and textures slapped onto it.

Bethesda: Good at laying the groundwork for a game (atmosphere, design, mechanics), but they fail when writing anything.

Obsidian: Amazing story telling, amazing world building, memorable characters, freedom, lot's of replayability, I can go on.

zoid

dispatch guy
Nebulae
It's because this isn't a story, it's most likely gonna be some shitty online game with some fallout meshes and textures slapped onto it.

Bethesda: Good at laying the groundwork for a game (atmosphere, design, mechanics), but they fail when writing anything.

Obsidian: Amazing story telling, amazing world building, memorable characters, freedom, lot's of replayability, I can go on.
i would hold your horses until we get more info then them showing off the online aspect of the game

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

I think you're riding Obsidians dick a bit too much, they made a single installation in the series, which means they've never had to deal with repetitively in Fallout

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
I think you're riding Obsidians dick a bit too much, they made a single installation in the series, which means they've never had to deal with repetitively in Fallout
Just read the dialogue and choices in the two Bethesda releases of Fallout and compare them to what Obsidian did with New Vegas. It's honestly sad that some people on here could write better characters than Bethesda's Fallout team.

I find Bethesda's Fallout games fun to play, but it's foolish to call them RPG's when they play out like shooters, spoon feeding you everything like power armor in the first hour of the game.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Some of their company veterans were on the isometric fallout games if that counts?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Just read the dialogue and choices in the two Bethesda releases of Fallout and compare them to what Obsidian did with New Vegas. It's honestly sad that some people on here could write better characters than Bethesda's Fallout team.
I'm with you on NV being superior to Fallout 3 and 4 in terms of Story telling and other aspects

But lightning aint gonna strike twice bc a lot of the peole who worked at Obsidian were laid off/left. Their latest project (Obsidian I mean) apparently isn't doing so well.

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
I'm with you on NV being superior to Fallout 3 and 4 in terms of Story telling and other aspects

But lightning aint gonna strike twice bc a lot of the peole who worked at Obsidian were laid off/left. Their latest project (Obsidian I mean) apparently isn't doing so well.
If Bethesda would look at the characters that were created, the morally gray factions, and the little details of New Vegas which captured players, I'd see them creating something excellent. They originally did this with games like Morrowind, I'm sure they could do the same with Fallout. There is a lot of questions that were left unanswered in the West, and I feel like they could definitely expand on that, using the story that's there as an opportunity for another great game in the franchise.

And yeah, heard about that new project, a shame really.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
If Bethesda would look at the characters that were created, the morally gray factions, and the little details of New Vegas which captured players, I'd see them creating something excellent. They originally did this with games like Morrowind, I'm sure they could do the same with Fallout. There is a lot of questions that were left unanswered in the West, and I feel like they could definitely expand on that, using the story that's there as an opportunity for another great game in the franchise.
Personally I think Fallout is making a mistake by only sticking to American settings but I think they don't have much of an option right

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Personally I think Fallout is making a mistake by only sticking to American settings but I think they don't have much of an option right
they would have to abandon 99% of the aesthetic if they did that

thats an issue, as 99% of what makes fallout fallout is the aesthetic/setting

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
Pretty sure Vault-Tech was only in America, so anywhere else that was bombed to shit is probably a bunch of ferals unless you're lucky.

Doesn't mean people couldn't have travelled to other locations though, it'd definitely make for an interesting change.