Fallout 76

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I dunno

Same universe, but somewhere else might be interesting for a spin off
idk the aesthetic is pretty much a futuristic version of the one which existed after the second world war, which means (if you apply history) that the rest of the world would look vastly different due to Americanization not having taken place yet to such an extent

D

Deleted member 2994

according to this it's gonna have no story mode and will require always online

19 minutes in

"it will always require online"
"up to 32 players"
"map is 4x the size of fallout 4"
aka you will never see another player, and the online mechanic is completely pointless

like no mans sky but actually multiplayer and uselessly so.

Reactions: List

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
"it will always require online"
"up to 32 players"
"map is 4x the size of fallout 4"
aka you will never see another player, and the online mechanic is completely pointless

like no mans sky but actually multiplayer and uselessly so.
kind of like DayZ but with less players

jank

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
I mean that isn't going to be a problem cause when I play the game i'm gonna play co-op not solo.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Todd said that they're working on ways to make players actually discouraged from shooting other people on sight and perks to it. I think they're also doing PVP and PVE zones as well.

But you know at the end of the day when a group of 4 gets bored and are at the end game with all their shit they will do nothing but player hunt.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
This has me pretty hyped to be honest. In terms of gameplay, I hope that ammunition and weapon condition are a factor. Considering it's like an online RPG, I expect it to be very in-depth like you'd expect from an MMO, but presented in a Fallout style. I want traits, skills, tag skills, SPECIAL. This could end up great, and it could end up bad. Either way, I'm pre-ordering it for the BETA. I've played them all, and I'll continue to play them all. The series has my heart simply through it's story and aesthetics. Soaked up a big amount of time of my childhood when I first saw the commercial for Fallout 3 so I'm a loyal customer. They've earned it.

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
I remember looking at some of the early gameplay, where you're leaving the vault. I remember thinking it was weird that there weren't any human NPCs around, creating a more cohesive introduction to the game. I thought it was a really underwhelming way to begin the adventure.

Then I come to find out that's because there are no human NPCs anywhere. Everyone will be a player.

If I'm to expect a Fallout world where that's the reality everywhere, count me out. A map four times the size of Fallout 4's with zero scripted, textured characters? How the hell are they going to carry a compelling narrative like that?

Dan

the creature
Nebulae
I remember looking at some of the early gameplay, where you're leaving the vault. I remember thinking it was weird that there weren't any human NPCs around, creating a more cohesive introduction to the game. I thought it was a really underwhelming way to begin the adventure.

Then I come to find out that's because there are no human NPCs anywhere. Everyone will be a player.

If I'm to expect a Fallout world where that's the reality everywhere, count me out. A map four times the size of Fallout 4's with zero scripted, textured characters? How the hell are they going to carry a compelling narrative like that?
"don't worry, you can still play solo. it's just that the game is tailored around being multiplayer"

Dan

the creature
Nebulae
solo doesnt mean offline/singleplayer
and that's the problem for me, it just feels like a waste of a cool setting to make something so uncharacteristic, so it's not really my thing

thankfully it's only a spinoff ofc rather than the direction they're taking the entire franchise, so not really that big of a deal, just a disappointment to me

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Todd Howard says he wants to let people mod the shit out of it and lead into introducing private servers after launch

imagine

heavily altered game to make fallout roleplay

derpykitty

Proton
Nebulae
and that's the problem for me, it just feels like a waste of a cool setting to make something so uncharacteristic, so it's not really my thing

thankfully it's only a spinoff ofc rather than the direction they're taking the entire franchise, so not really that big of a deal, just a disappointment to me
maxresdefault.jpg

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
I was honestly very excited when I saw the early footage. The West Virginia landscape looks beautifully realized and I thought it was cool that they were giving us a look at the Fallout universe at such an early period. It's a serious shame that they're squandering all that potential for a stupid gimmick.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Todd Howard says he wants to let people mod the shit out of it and lead into introducing private servers after launch

if this is true and not just Todd listening to his favorite Fleetwood Mac song then I'd cum buckets