Fallout RP vs. Cyberpunk RP

Which do you Think Sounds Better?

• Total voters

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Pretty sure there are TnB cyberpunk models on the workshop.

Neotokyo content, gstring content, literally any weapons pack, rp_denon or that other one by deserted cake, tnb cyberpunk models, casual citizens, bad guy mercenaries, etc (I'd link if not on phone)
titanfall models also work

Reactions: List
Nebulae
Fallout Bitches! Simply because we already have a cyberpunk RP server, it's called HL2RP, and I need a RP server that has proper danger, not the "sketchy neighborhood" type danger, something to fill that WW3 shaped void.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
Fallout Bitches! Simply because we already have a cyberpunk RP server, it's called HL2RP, and I need a RP server that has proper danger, not the "sketchy neighborhood" type danger, something to fill that WW3 shaped void.
I still don't get why people keep calling hl2rp cyberpunk, hl2rp is more semi-boring dystopia than anything.

Nebulae
I still don't get why people keep calling hl2rp cyberpunk, hl2rp is more semi-boring dystopia than anything.
Combine are meant to be a sorta cyberpunk-esk soviet style regime though you're right it is different to most other cyberpunk worlds.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Combine are meant to be a sorta cyberpunk-esk soviet style regime though you're right it is different to most other cyberpunk worlds.

The themes may be similar but they have nothing else to with each other, Cyberpunk RP would have a similar, urban and enclosed enviroment but lack the control of Civil Protection, Police only exists to sedate revolts and make raids against gangs that become too powerful, otherwise it won't care about what people do. Another thing is the presence of different gangs that compete for power, while in HL2RP rebels would only have saltuary infights but would be mostly united. One last thing would be the character progression: while in hl2rp citizens become rich and powerful by either ascending the loyalist hierarchy or trading for illegal goods as rebels, in Cyberpunk RP this would be replaced by obtaining augmentations and getting in touch with gangs or corporations. Cyberpunk RP would be more similar to some sort of Western RP.

Vasey105

Proton
Nebulae
i vote cyberpunk cause fallout is so boring looking tbh. i wanna see the contrast of cyberpunk. im imagining the sci-finess of city08 but on a massive scale

Nebulae
The themes may be similar but they have nothing else to with each other, Cyberpunk RP would have a similar, urban and enclosed enviroment but lack the control of Civil Protection, Police only exists to sedate revolts and make raids against gangs that become too powerful, otherwise it won't care about what people do. Another thing is the presence of different gangs that compete for power, while in HL2RP rebels would only have saltuary infights but would be mostly united. One last thing would be the character progression: while in hl2rp citizens become rich and powerful by either ascending the loyalist hierarchy or trading for illegal goods as rebels, in Cyberpunk RP this would be replaced by obtaining augmentations and getting in touch with gangs or corporations. Cyberpunk RP would be more similar to some sort of Western RP.
Ah I get ya now, so would it be a bit like that Outlands RP thing? but in an urban setting? Or a WW3 but civilians/militia outnumber the local authorities?

Praise

Hot wet beef
Nebulae
fallput please fallout please if someone (preferably girl) would roleplay with me on a fallout rp server as sunny smiles please leave a personal massage on my profile, thanks I love fallout

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Ah I get ya now, so would it be a bit like that Outlands RP thing? but in an urban setting? Or a WW3 but civilians/militia outnumber the local authorities?

Sorta, my idea was something like this:

General Premise: Your character has lost his/her job and/or is poor af and so he/she ended up in this place.

Setting: A huge rust belt around a major city filled with crime and poverty. The map would consist of a relatively enclosed space, without many open areas.

Factions:

- Common citizens: Generic citizens (blueshirts) that do rp things and doesn't have any affiliation.

- Business owners: People can get auth to open shops that deals in legal goods, like food, light weapons, augmentations, etc. or simply be roleplay estrablishment. More than one person can work in the same shop and armed players can be hired for protection, however each shop will end up under the sphere of influence of one of the gangs and so they may offer protection themselves (you can stand alone but you will be against everyone). On the other hands rival gangs may try to raid the place in retaliation.

- Black market: Same rules for shop owners except they have to look out for police and corporations' goons. They mainly sell illegal or stolen goods like high-grade augs, industrial secrets and such so they must stay hidden, even if in plain sight such as disguising as a normal shop.

- Gangs: One way or another pretty much anyone will end up being part of a gang, either being an active member or just running errands. Gangs have their own set of rules and ideology and control various zone of the city, being the de-facto authority in the rust belt. At the beginning there will be a bunch of pre-made gangs but players will be able to start their own. If a gang becomes too powerful the police or the corporations will raid them.

- Police: Police doesn't really care about what happens in the rust belt as long as it doesn't damages the corporations' property, so they simply don't enforce the law as long as it doesn't concern them directly. They may do sporadic checks around for illegal goods but if they witness a crime, such as murder or robbery, they would simply turn the back to it. If a cop gets killed while trying to be a hero the general attitude would be to simply ignore it but if someone attacks the police or the corporations directly there will be heavy retaliation.

- Corporations: Of course corporations won't have establishments in the rust belt, outside perhaps some run-down factories, but they will have small bases hidden within in order to recover stolen tech or rogue androids' memory drives. Players that aquire these thing can eventually trade them to the corporations for high-grade augs, weapons or money. Rival corporations may have skirmishes over the possession of these goods.

- Self-aware, autonomous robots (Gold members faction idk): Androids and gynoids that have accidentally gained sapience and escaped their former owners, finding refuge in the rust belt. Players can either start as a rogue robot or play as one working in one of the player business and becoming autonomous later (if they want to do so). Robots will have a series of scripted gameplay changes that would be super cool but prob won't be used because coding this stuff is hard :c (Like the fact that they don't bleed nor need food, they need repair kits to heal themselves, have all the benefits of normal augs but need batteries to stay alive etc.). There are various type of robots the players can choose from including normal, military, sexbots and perhaps even special "snatcher" ones that are indistinguishable from normal humans. They of course won't be limited to normal FearRP or PainRP but will have their sets of rules (such as every action needing to have a reason, and no poor logic such as "Humans are bad therefore I must kill"). Each robot will be able to be scavenged for a special "Autonomous memory drive" (or something like that) that will be very valuable to corporations or black market dealers, for this reason they will have to stay low and avoid attracting too much attention. Players can be neutral, hostile or even friendly toward these robots depending on their characters. Robots can form their own groups or even join gangs (if they believe it is reasonable to do so). There may be some non-autonomous robot npcs going around too, they won't do much but it would be for immersion sake.

Nebulae
Sorta, my idea was something like this:

General Premise: Your character has lost his/her job and/or is poor af and so he/she ended up in this place.

Setting: A huge rust belt around a major city filled with crime and poverty. The map would consist of a relatively enclosed space, without many open areas.

Factions:

- Common citizens: Generic citizens (blueshirts) that do rp things and doesn't have any affiliation.

- Business owners: People can get auth to open shops that deals in legal goods, like food, light weapons, augmentations, etc. or simply be roleplay estrablishment. More than one person can work in the same shop and armed players can be hired for protection, however each shop will end up under the sphere of influence of one of the gangs and so they may offer protection themselves (you can stand alone but you will be against everyone). On the other hands rival gangs may try to raid the place in retaliation.

- Black market: Same rules for shop owners except they have to look out for police and corporations' goons. They mainly sell illegal or stolen goods like high-grade augs, industrial secrets and such so they must stay hidden, even if in plain sight such as disguising as a normal shop.

- Gangs: One way or another pretty much anyone will end up being part of a gang, either being an active member or just running errands. Gangs have their own set of rules and ideology and control various zone of the city, being the de-facto authority in the rust belt. At the beginning there will be a bunch of pre-made gangs but players will be able to start their own. If a gang becomes too powerful the police or the corporations will raid them.

- Police: Police doesn't really care about what happens in the rust belt as long as it doesn't damages the corporations' property, so they simply don't enforce the law as long as it doesn't concern them directly. They may do sporadic checks around for illegal goods but if they witness a crime, such as murder or robbery, they would simply turn the back to it. If a cop gets killed while trying to be a hero the general attitude would be to simply ignore it but if someone attacks the police or the corporations directly there will be heavy retaliation.

- Corporations: Of course corporations won't have establishments in the rust belt, outside perhaps some run-down factories, but they will have small bases hidden within in order to recover stolen tech or rogue androids' memory drives. Players that aquire these thing can eventually trade them to the corporations for high-grade augs, weapons or money. Rival corporations may have skirmishes over the possession of these goods.

- Self-aware, autonomous robots (Gold members faction idk): Androids and gynoids that have accidentally gained sapience and escaped their former owners, finding refuge in the rust belt. Players can either start as a rogue robot or play as one working in one of the player business and becoming autonomous later (if they want to do so). Robots will have a series of scripted gameplay changes that would be super cool but prob won't be used because coding this stuff is hard :c (Like the fact that they don't bleed nor need food, they need repair kits to heal themselves, have all the benefits of normal augs but need batteries to stay alive etc.). There are various type of robots the players can choose from including normal, military, sexbots and perhaps even special "snatcher" ones that are indistinguishable from normal humans. They of course won't be limited to normal FearRP or PainRP but will have their sets of rules (such as every action needing to have a reason, and no poor logic such as "Humans are bad therefore I must kill"). Each robot will be able to be scavenged for a special "Autonomous memory drive" (or something like that) that will be very valuable to corporations or black market dealers, for this reason they will have to stay low and avoid attracting too much attention. Players can be neutral, hostile or even friendly toward these robots depending on their characters. Robots can form their own groups or even join gangs (if they believe it is reasonable to do so). There may be some non-autonomous robot npcs going around too, they won't do much but it would be for immersion sake.
Man you've thought this through.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
the enclave are shit the bos are shit
The enclave is great in Fallout 2.

Brotherhood of Steel has always been kind of meh but they are pretty cool in the first two Fallout games because of their very cryptic presence, you never really join them in the same sense and their morals aren't so onesided.

TL;DR Play Fallout 1 and 2.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The enclave is great in Fallout 2.

Brotherhood of Steel has always been kind of meh but they are pretty cool in the first two Fallout games because of their very cryptic presence, you never really join them in the same sense and their morals aren't so onesided.

TL;DR Play Fallout 1 and 2.

Enclave are amazingly written in Fallout 2, though in any RP setting all of the characters in it wold just be horribly done parodies of Sergeant Dornan or edgy muscle dom pricks.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Man you've thought this through.

I also thought about the entirety of the augmentation system and I'm even willing to make models for it (I'm talking about making models from scratch not headhacking and such, but for a small fee this time however). I think I'm getting too involved in something I don't even know will ever be done çuç

OwO what's this?

DesertedCake

Proton
Nebulae
I thought you'd cancelled it or something?
Is it actually happening

also that sector 7 map was eh, too much empty space and road and not enough actual rooms
Yeah, I have to get around that eventually, I just have a library of VMF's of shit that I have to finish. Sector V2 will probably come around the winter.

I never cancelled it, I'm slowly working on it each day. Kai lost interest in Cyberpunk but another factor was the hype died from Phil delaying it for almost two-three months. It will also be in Nutscript (Maybe Helix?), CW is just a bundled mess. ETA on release? Sometime this year.