Fallout RP vs. Cyberpunk RP

Which do you Think Sounds Better?

• Total voters

contained postal dude

returned, for real this time
Premium Member
Nebulae
I like both ideas, but I think if we could manage to make a serious FalloutRP server, it would be great. It’d be fun to RP as some shady dealer trafficking chems for raiders/fiends or whatever area or time period was chosen. Or to work as a guard for a caravan and travel the wastes, worried about being ambushed by a rival merchant group like the skirmishes between Gun Runners and the Van Graffs. Though as many said it’s difficult to do FalloutRP properly.

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
I'd suggest a Cyberpunk theme because it's easier to pull off than Fallout which has a very defined aesthetic & universe that we'd struggle to recreate in Garry's Mod. Cyberpunk also allows us greater creative freedom.

Reactions: List

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Heres a question for CyberpunkRP

What content can you provide for it

I'm talking about Workshop content that's suitable for the theme which can be piled in a collection, what weapon base are we going to cry to @Zak to implement, who's the potential developer, whats our potential map etc.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
I know that Dave Brown from TnB have been wanting to create a Cyberpunk server for nearly a decade now. He created a lot of content, 'combine style' weaponry and high-tech cyberpunk/terminator looking stuff. Not sure how much was made available.

Muffin

Double Choc-Chip
Nebulae
I know that Dave Brown from TnB have been wanting to create a Cyberpunk server for nearly a decade now. He created a lot of content, 'combine style' weaponry and high-tech cyberpunk/terminator looking stuff. Not sure how much was made available.

Next to none of it since its still in development.

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
I wanna be a Cowboy baby
[doublepost=1522793349][/doublepost]I have my own ideas on Fallout RP. Maybe not have it be Fallout RP and have it be like some Western gamemode.

or a Western themed Cyberpunk

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Hiya, I thought I'd throw in my opinions about the state of each faction in the Fallout RP scenario bearing in mind I have a natural bias towards the Legion and I am an enthusiast on the lore of the Legion.

Three years have passed since Caesar's Legion, with the help of an unknown envoy took control of the Hoover Dam in it's second battle, the Mojave has been stomped, the New California Republic has been pushed to it's breaking point, the overwhelming Legion forces within its borders, pushing towards the heart of the Republic.
In my opinion, it would be impossible to fully route the NCR from New Vegas. The NCR were well established in the Mojave region, despite the numerical superiority the legion possess, the NCR possessed well dug in defenses predominantly in the South and West of the Mojave. This would mean that even if the Legion managed to secure New Vegas. During the course of Fallout New Vegas, despite the fact Ceasar and many of his compatriots were incredibly intelligent they shot themselves in the foot by wiping out technologies such as the securitrons and annihilating the Mojave Chapter of the BoS. Not to mention, the Legion were known to police their roads and ensure the safety of merchants and travelers which, in Vegas, would significantly reduce the amount of manpower they could have on the field. It's one thing to lead an assault on an area but it's another to reinforce it. The NCR have the advantage in this regard due to the well maintained supply line of Highway 95 and the 188. This doesn't mean it wouldn't be impossible for the Legion to expunge the NCR from Vegas but it'd be incredibly difficult and would require immense sacrifice.

Here's how I'd personally picture the map of Inner and Outer Vegas after two years or so, taking into account the time it took for the Legion and NCR to recover post 1st Battle of Hoover Dam. There would be pockets of resistance and NCR strongholds in Northern Vegas depending on the choices our courier would have made but here's the jist of things:
k72gwuk.jpg

E: The Dark red is meant to represent the puppet state of the Great Khans however I forgot to label it on the legend.

Slavers, rapists, and formal tribe members, Caesar's Legion have gained massive amounts of legionaries to their cause, assimilating all tribes in their wake into their own forces. This faction is meant to be slightly larger than the NCR in terms of slots/members. They will have a consistently "evil" image throughout the server, oppressing the populace and putting an emphasis on the war torn scenario. They will actively go out, enslave and attack people as much as they can.
The Legion are severely mischaracterized here and it's something that F: NV also falls victim to. The vast majority of the Legion were made up of tribals, that much is correct however the idea that the Legion were mainly Slavers and Rapists is entirely false. The Legion itself did partake in slavery, however not in the same way the raiders of Paradise Falls partake in slavery. The Legion used slaves for logistics and construction purposes as opposed to recreational and treasury enhancing purposes. Slavery was not promoted by Ceasar or his generals, instead it was seen as a necessary evil to rebuild society, much like many other Legion philosophies.

Caesar's army also consisted of many intellectuals and well educated (by wasteland standards) warriors who after being conquered by the Legion were educated in medicine, society and culture. Caesar's Legion was not an anarchistic movement which sought to ruin the wasteland and create a slave state the legion were an effective movement which used less than desirable tactics to attempt to bring order back to the United States and rebuild society. It's important to know why Caesar even chose a roman theme for the legion anyway, did he have a skirt fetish? No of course not, Caesar was inspired by the teachings of ancient Rome such as Gaul and Britannia being conquered from the tribals and reformed into modern cities; without Rome's conquests there would be no London or Marseille.

The Legion shouldn't be viewed as an evil, authoritarian, bloodthirsty horde because simply put, it's not. The Legion and NCR both want to see the same thing in reality, the rebuilding of America. The differences between the NCR and Legion stem from simple border disputes when in theory it would be easy to assimilate the two as they are both historically and culturally similar. The NCR is more cautious but as a result is ineffective at its job. The Legion on the other hand is reckless which leads to great success but leaves them vilified by the rest of society and the tales of their successes in Arizona and Colorado are twisted into horror stories of mass executions and genocide.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
Okay, disregarding my previous ranger man statement, I just want to say something. The NCR is legally a secessionist state. Considering the Enclave likely still exist in the Midwest, Chicago, Texas and probably Southern States too, the United States Government hasn't actually fell yet. The NCR, Legion and other self proclaimed nation-states are all therefore treasonous.

Make baseball great again, praise John Henry Eden (Or what remains of the ZAX mainframe).

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
Okay, disregarding my previous ranger man statement, I just want to say something. The NCR is legally a secessionist state. Considering the Enclave likely still exist in the Midwest, Chicago, Texas and probably Southern States too, the United States Government hasn't actually fell yet. The NCR, Legion and other self proclaimed nation-states are all therefore treasonous.

Make baseball great again, praise John Henry Eden (Or what remains of the ZAX mainframe).
the enclave is incredibly small

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
the enclave is incredibly small
Thing is, it still exists though. And apparently also has orbital strike systems from what we saw in Broken Steel. Seems like a good qualifier for me.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Thing is, it still exists though. And apparently also has orbital strike systems from what we saw in Broken Steel. Seems like a good qualifier for me.
The enclave and orbital strikes would be retarded in any rp setting

Enclave are a bunch of edgy cunts that are more xenophobic than the BOS

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The enclave and orbital strikes would be retarded in any rp setting

Enclave are a bunch of edgy cunts that are more xenophobic than the BOS
The Enclave were butchered in the writing of Fallout 3, despite how important they are to the story. While they had extremely well designed areas, characters, armour etc the Enclave were just 'the bad guys' who liked genocide.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The Enclave were butchered in the writing of Fallout 3, despite how important they are to the story. While they had extremely well designed areas, characters, armour etc the Enclave were just 'the bad guys' who liked genocide.
fallout 3 is fucking shit anyway

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
hey guys i got a fucking great idea

post-fallout cyberpunk roleplay