revive.gif

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
dunno why ya'll haven't ignored shit yet like its literally just a few clicks

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
enable ooc pk notifications, should've been in place anyway the entire time but it's just awkward seeing o7s by staff members and not knowing who it is [because you're gonna be told in steam what's happened within 5 minutes anyway, just re-enable the global pks so shit doesn't look as completely barren outside of unfunny ooc jokes]

also is it worth throwing away your main character or is it better to just use the setting to get geared on new characters and do more active stuff without being afraid of throwing the character away? asking for a friend

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
also is it worth throwing away your main character or is it better to just use the setting to get geared on new characters and do more active stuff without being afraid of throwing the character away? asking for a friend
the way we'll be handling pks you can safely play your main character without being afraid of getting dinked from halfway across the map and losing him

The Milkman

Proton
Nebulae
If we just be considerate of each other's characters during this event and not focus entirely of our team winning we should be good.

Haha jk let's be real, this is gonna be nonstop arguments.
It'll either be "COPS BAD" or "REBELS BAD" or both until we finally gather the courage to commit suicide

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
This has the potential to be really good, so long as the server doesn't follow the typical Outlands tropes.

1. Large rebel groups -- and to some extent, conscript groups as well -- need to be accommodating to new players. There have been countless failed Outlands servers that stagnate because two or three isolated groups sit on opposite ends of the map and only roleplay with each other until they eventually stop getting on. New players should be able to find a settlement and join it without being told to fuck off.

2. There has to be a degree of automation. Constant admin involvement (usually in the form of events; go here, do this, grab this) only works until the admins get tired of being involved. This mostly happens because a player or group of players dislike how an admin has dealt with a particular situation, and either the player or the admin quits.

Automated script and NPC spawns tied to the server's current population might be a good thing to have. It's the Outlands. It's dangerous. There's also a lot of stuff in the Outlands.

3. As long as the balance is favorable to neither side, the war of attrition will make for a great experience. Most servers create arbitrary OOC rulesets so that one faction does not immediately steamroll the other, and frankly, it really pulls you out of the game. The factions shouldn't be steamrolling each other right away because they're equal in strength, or there's an IC reason for it.

I have faith in the staff team and player leads to handle these issues. I've been waiting for a stable Outlands server for a long time.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Perhaps it was last week, perhaps it was a few days ago; it's gone all the same. A great singularity wiped out most of Ukraine, Seventeen with it - contact with the combine overworld is expected to have been cut off entirely, for now.
Somehow, it took me a few hours to click in my head that these were the events of HL2.

Reactions: List