News FINIS CORONAT OPUS - 2021-09-03

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
The Conscripts were issued pistols. Glocks. There were like 4-5 lucky people who got MP40s but the rest of us got pea shooters. We are going into long range combat engagements without any sort of rifle. And people wonder why the conscripts are getting owned. Many of the rebels are brining in both automatic and bolt action rifles. I don't care if we get the most crappy of them all, Conscripts really need something better than pea shooters.

u guys got pistols?

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
The Conscripts were issued pistols. Glocks. There were like 4-5 lucky people who got MP40s but the rest of us got pea shooters. We are going into long range combat engagements without any sort of rifle. And people wonder why the conscripts are getting owned. Many of the rebels are brining in both automatic and bolt action rifles. I don't care if we get the most crappy of them all, Conscripts really need something better than pea shooters.
I don't think that's the root of the issue
Union side just has a massive terrain disadvantage. The action revolves around the town, rebels have the ridges right above it, Union side is a lake away
Better guns might improve it but they won't suddenly make the fight equal

D

Deleted member 4795

u guys got pistols?

Yeah, Glocks. But this was at the start, now you're lucky to get anything because at the start we went into a lot of combat engagements not knowing what to expect. We lost a lot of supplies early on. If OTA are even getting laid out idk what citizens with pistols are supposed to do.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
cops go brrrrrrt

D

Deleted member 4795

Union side just has a massive terrain disadvantage. The action revolves around the town, rebels have the ridges right above it, Union side is a lake away

Even when we have the terrain advantage which has happened during several of our engagements, we can never hit anything because we are trying to hit long moving targets with weapons that are not designed for that range. Even if it means the rebels get crappy rifles too, I'd take some broken ass WW1 Enfield over a brand new pistol any day.

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
Yeah, Glocks. But this was at the start, now you're lucky to get anything because at the start we went into a lot of combat engagements not knowing what to expect. We lost a lot of supplies early on. If OTA are even getting laid out idk what citizens with pistols are supposed to do.

i've seen more conscripts with hand-me-down stunsticks than with pistols and it's day 3

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I spoke to numbers about this which is why we decided to build the DP. We wanted to get a little closer to the town to be able to contest it quicker.
[doublepost=1630886909][/doublepost]
i've seen more conscripts with hand-me-down stunsticks than with pistols and it's day 3
Embrace the hand me down stunstick
Reject firearms

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
I spoke to numbers about this which is why we decided to build the DP. We wanted to get a little closer to the town to be able to contest it quicker.
I'll uhhh leave my opinion on that decision to myself but this doesn't change the fact rebels have a non-stop height advantage without sacrificing anything
It's just the cards we've been dealt, I don't think you could do anything about that unless we got combine sniper™ to force them off the ridges during the fights

Reactions: List

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I'll uhhh leave my opinion on that decision to myself but this doesn't change the fact rebels have a non-stop height advantage without sacrificing anything
It's just the cards we've been dealt, I don't think you could do anything about that unless we got combine sniper™ to force them off the ridges during the fights
we do a little mortaring

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
bolt action rifles
insignificant correction but im pretty sure there's only like 1 person with a kar and he doesnt even fight that much

unless someone's magicked up a kar from somewhere or someone from many moons ago has resurfaced that owns one, i dont think we're usin any more than one lmao but correct me if im wrong there

atm there's like 2-4 AK's being actively used (which is pretty advantageous, yeah) but otherwise its mostly usps/glocks/mp5s/mp7s

im not disagreeing though connies should probably have something a little better than glocks and mp40s lmao the mp40 is fucking dog ass shit

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
connies need to man up and learn 2 combat before they get more than a pistol

unironically watching at least 2 connies with SMG's walking out in the open like its a field trip and not like they're in the middle of a war

i speak as someone with only a pistol and enough ammo to kill 2 zombies at best; connies gotta shape up and strap up their boot straps before they get anything more

the weak shall fear the strong

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae

unironically watching at least 2 connies with SMG's walking out in the open like its a field trip and not like they're in the middle of a war

i speak as someone with only a pistol and enough ammo to kill 2 zombies at best; connies gotta shape up and strap up their boot straps before they get anything more

how goes the war on lesbians

verTix

Electron
Nebulae

our only avenue to the center of the map is through the open or through an antlion-infested mine

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
how goes the war on lesbians

china is dead, that war is put to rest

i must now figure out how to corral the rabble that we call the connies into fearless warriors of blood and death

my war on cowardice and stupidity begins

our only avenue to the center of the map is through the open or through an antlion-infested mine

not a problem, we're slowly building CPs forward (aka cover)

connies will win the long game, mark my words. thinking ahead is how you beat rebels who think being divided but having big guns wins the day

no... it is the pen, not the sword, that will rule the day

just watch

D

Deleted member 5162

i think the completely open area that's between two ridges (union and rebel) should be closed off somehow, so the area is split even and allows for more CQC rather than long range, and actual ability to capture & hold territories. the only problem is the right ridge (from bunker's POV) which can be accessed by rebels from ALA town

you could use combine walls at the union base to go /event every wooden structure on huge combine metal walls collapse as they suddenly begin slowly but surely come down towards the town, crushing everything on their path but eventually stopping before the factory.
or have the union bomb both left and right cliffs, causing a huge collapse of rocks which would close off most of the open area.

in my opinion, i think long range combat sucks absolute ass, it's sniping pixels from far away and even then, you're missing 90% of the time and doing little damage.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
some of the tunnels should be caved in, mines thrown up and barricades planted around (all done ingame by actual players)

make traversing to the town a danger beyond some bored connie/insurgent seeing you run half the map

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
theres only one actual k98 (on an actual character) and i have it and im not gonna do a bunch of s2k because its my event
also we've been throwing a bunch of mp7's at the conscripts in a bunch of events, they've got a lot a lot of the stuff. now if the men are disloyal and they aren't sharing, that's not on me. plus the union also has an AK and a bunch of ammo for it; again, dunno who has it, but someone does.

for the record me and @Numbers tested the mp40 long range the other night, then I tested it some more later and it outshoots the mp7 at long range so idk why people are complaining.

if the terrain is bad you're free to push up and establish some outposts and the like, if you're worried about the pk rules im sure we can think into that and be accomodating, we're here to work with the players not against you.

i do put down a lot of extra supplies in the middle of the map, and it seems to me that its almost entirely rebels that go out in small teams to try and pick it up, i think you'd have a lot more extra extra utility if you actually went out to scavenge. the only way i've been able to really give anything to the union in any major way is by doing events where event characters assault their gates and die

bonus note, the rebels are really really divided whereas the conscripts are very rank and file, i think this will be and already is very advantageous.

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yeah like @nexus said I don't think people realise that 9/10 when a few rebels bump into Conscripts or cops their response is going to take a lot longer because of the way RebelRp works.