Serious First GTA VI trailer set for release in early December

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I want Rockstar to finally get over themselves and start actually referencing the 3D era again.

No more of that separate timeline explanation bullshit, throw us some offhand remarks, some cameos or plaque on a building we've been to before in Vice City, instead of just ignoring it and pretending some graffiti on a single wall in the middle of nowhere is some kind of holy shrine.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
TepNk8s.png

1677709645388B5BKCAD6BSrBERB_.png

pQgXYtg.png

YTEGCk6.png

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
I want Rockstar to finally get over themselves and start actually referencing the 3D era again.

No more of that separate timeline explanation bullshit, throw us some offhand remarks, some cameos or plaque on a building we've been to before in Vice City, instead of just ignoring it and pretending some graffiti on a single wall in the middle of nowhere is some kind of holy shrine.
(Least imo) don't think it would fundamentally change much other than just be something cool. These are fine on their own really

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think it looked pretty good tbh, I very much liked the hillbilly stuff they had going on there, looked pretty funny, there's bound to be some florida-man style situations and I'm all here for it.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
looks great

i saw some people complaining about graphics and kindly pointed them to the fact every rockstar teaser trailer looks dogshit compared to release

im excited

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i saw some people complaining about graphics and kindly pointed them to the fact every rockstar teaser trailer looks dogshit compared to release
who tf is complaining about this trailers graphics

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
who tf is complaining about this trailers graphics
windowlickers on various social media

idk what the fuck they wanted i dont think it could look any better personally

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
I wonder if they're finally going to try out ray tracing with this one. Not that it's worth actually enabling, but it'd be cool to see the best lighting that current technology has to offer on a game with this amount of detail and variety. Show me that super giga ultra psycho overdrive extreme raytracing mode like cyberpunk has

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I wonder if they're finally going to try out ray tracing with this one. Not that it's worth actually enabling, but it'd be cool to see the best lighting that current technology has to offer on a game with this amount of detail and variety. Show me that super giga ultra psycho overdrive extreme raytracing mode like cyberpunk has

built in powerpoint slideshow mode

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
if you look at the trailer exactly 1 min in when the dudes driving the car, or 52 seconds in when the dudes hanging out of the green truck you can see the side mirrors actually reflecting the world

at 52 seconds its especially noticable in the mirror that there's a little bit of static noise in the reflection which kind of looks like it to me so there probably is ray tracing to some degree

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
It will be released between June and September 2025 imo
Probably June imo so they can get everyone including the kids that just got off school and would be hyped as fuck to play it (and its online mode) for 3 months

Shit looks spectacular but goddamn why did they have to give a release date in the trailer
I was 12 when GTA 5 released I've literally gone from "Goo goo ga ga" to "My back hurts" in the span of one GTA release

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It will be released between June and September 2025 imo
Probably June imo so they can get everyone including the kids that just got off school and would be hyped as fuck to play it (and its online mode) for 3 months

Shit looks spectacular but goddamn why did they have to give a release date in the trailer
I was 12 when GTA 5 released I've literally gone from "Goo goo ga ga" to "My back hurts" in the span of one GTA release
gta 1, 2, 3, vice city, san andreas and 5 released between september and november. gta 4 was going to release in october but got delayed to the following april

I think its a safe bet it'll be between september and november

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
gta 1, 2, 3, vice city, san andreas and 5 released between september and november. gta 4 was going to release in october but got delayed to the following april

I think its a safe bet it'll be between september and november
Time to see if I still have the same job by the time GTA 6 comes out
metal-gear-anguish.gif

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
looks great

im excited
idk why anyone would complain about the graphics, also rockstar trailers are quite indicative of the end product. gta iv, gta 5, rdr 2 - the games ended up looking exactly the same as showcased in the trailers. i'd expect the game to look the same as it did in the trailers

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae

There's no way they make a game set in vice city and don't at least reference Tommy Vercetti or Vice City Stories in some way

I know CJ wasn't really referenced much in 5, though the gangs/families were still there and Niko was off-handedly vaguely referenced by Lester once.

Personally I don't see why all the GTAs can't be canon to one another/share a universe. It's not like Zelda where each game is so radically different in world/lore/story that it'd get weird. Most GTA stories aren't grand in scope, the shit that happens in that scope is big but it's not like they are changing the world or any shit like that. Most of the time it's just criminals doing criminal shit

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
There's no way they make a game set in vice city and don't at least reference Tommy Vercetti or Vice City Stories in some way

I know CJ wasn't really referenced much in 5, though the gangs/families were still there and Niko was off-handedly vaguely referenced by Lester once.

Personally I don't see why all the GTAs can't be canon to one another/share a universe. It's not like Zelda where each game is so radically different in world/lore/story that it'd get weird. Most GTA stories aren't grand in scope, the shit that happens in that scope is big but it's not like they are changing the world or any shit like that. Most of the time it's just criminals doing criminal shit
i never understood why people want these old characters included and referenced so much in newer titles

having neat little easter eggs like including old voice actors or having some grafitti or newsclipping or some offhand comment about the old games is like the best way to do it imo

you pay tribute to the older games and characters, do a little "hey remember this" for old fans who looked for it and then move on

i dont really want franklin or niko to show up and start getting involved in stuff it just begins to enter that territory of "hey guys remember this character remember what we did guys check it out its him!" when their stories are over

Idk it just kinda tarnishes their legacy and begins entering marvel territory where everything has to be connected or referenced constantly

r* kinda gave their take on including older characters in new stories when they had trevor cave johnny's skull in 5 mins into his first mission and its pretty established that the HD(6,5,4) 3d(SA,VC,3) and 2d(2,1) are distinct universes anyway

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i never understood why people want these old characters included and referenced so much in newer titles

having neat little easter eggs like including old voice actors or having some grafitti or newsclipping or some offhand comment about the old games is like the best way to do it imo

you pay tribute to the older games and characters, do a little "hey remember this" for old fans who looked for it and then move on

i dont really want franklin or niko to show up and start getting involved in stuff it just begins to enter that territory of "hey guys remember this character remember what we did guys check it out its him!" when their stories are over

Idk it just kinda tarnishes their legacy and begins entering marvel territory where everything has to be connected or referenced constantly

r* kinda gave their take on including older characters in new stories when they had trevor cave johnny's skull in 5 mins into his first mission and its pretty established that the HD(6,5,4) 3d(SA,VC,3) and 2d(2,1) are distinct universes anyway

ngl i was fucked off when they killed johnny in 5

keep old characters out of it