Serious Fitness General

D

Deleted member 243

@Surrator eat better. Just force it down your gullet. I know its fucking hard, so try eating denser food. Complex carbs and protein.

Hit the gym and either follow @Ond 's calisthetics route or go for a heavy upper, light lower, rest day routine. You hit every muscle if you do it in different ways.

The gym is like roleplay. You can be whatever you want. From crossfit(please dont) to bodybuilding, calisthetics to cardio. Powerlifting, strength based-- endless possibilities. Treat it like a game and set small goals, because looking out for that one hard to reach goal sucks ass. You need side quests 'n shit.

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
@Surrator eat better. Just force it down your gullet. I know its fucking hard, so try eating denser food. Complex carbs and protein.
you don't know how hard it is to eat 4 slices of whole grain bread and feeling like you're about to vomit, i feel like i might have to go about it gradually, if anything

as for going to the gym and shit, i don't think i'll survive a single session, if i can't walk at my own pace for so long then i most certainly can't hit the gym just yet

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
you don't know how hard it is to eat 4 slices of whole grain bread and feeling like you're about to vomit, i feel like i might have to go about it gradually, if anything

as for going to the gym and shit, i don't think i'll survive a single session, if i can't walk at my own pace for so long then i most certainly can't hit the gym just yet
If you can man, swimming is a good way to ease into it. Even just shit like basic walking, it helps. As someone with muscle problems I geared up for hitting the gym just by doing some light walking and swimming whenever I felt up to it and built up over time.

D

Deleted member 243

Do as many push ups as you can like now. Tell us how many you've done. No shame in a small number. If you wanna learn about push up form, google it.

Baby steps, my friends

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i dunno bruh i know what the problem is but i don't know how deep i am into it, your advice is one thing but all of that is just general stuff, i think i need to get my minerals checked and make sure im not at like -5000 protein or some shit
You are going to be minus in literally everything considering what you said about your diet. You don't need a doctor to tell you what we can without even seeing you.

Every improvement of your body starts with your diet. You don't need to worry much about your diet as it's practically non-existent, man. You just need to eat more, and make sure what you eat isn't trash and you will see an improvement already.

The most important part of most of this is doing something to get started and build routine, because routine is what makes you improve more than anything.

Start going to the gym on a regular basis. Even if you don't work out for more than 30 minutes before leaving. Once it becomes routine for you to go there and you get familiar with machines etc. then you will stay there longer and get more done. It will make you feel shitty for missing a workout and motivate you to get it done.

Yeah, obviously. You start with small improvements and ramp it up over time when it comes to diets, just like you would when working out small muscle groups.

You don't lift 100kg if you can't lift 10kg.
I haven't been to the gym in a while cause I fucked my leg a bit, but I've substituted it with a lot of swimming lengths and a load of (even more) healthy eating. The weight is dropping off me and I'm feeling great.
Yeah I overstressed my knee during a legpress rep like 3-4 months back? I can barely feel it now unless I really really stress my body, and even then any pain goes away within the day.

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
man I stretch a shit ton before I start but I still end up feeling like I got beat the fuck up, plz help

D

Deleted member 243

overstressed my knee during a legpress rep
F in the chat for the people that took overstressing to a whole new level of snap city

Pouring hennessy over those lost kneecaps

F
[doublepost=1574972735][/doublepost]
man I stretch a shit ton before I start but I still end up feeling like I got beat the fuck up, plz help
Your muscles are supposed to have micro tears when you work them, so muscle sores are good. Stretching is mainly to prevent injuries

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Stretch out once done and limber down. Warming up just helps you prevent injury while working out and limbers up your muscles to get extended range of motion.

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
F in the chat for the people that took overstressing to a whole new level of snap city

Pouring hennessy over those lost kneecaps

F
[doublepost=1574972735][/doublepost]
Your muscles are supposed to have micro tears when you work them, so muscle sores are good. Stretching is mainly to prevent injuries

Stretch out once done and limber down. Warming up just helps you prevent injury while working out and limbers up your muscles to get extended range of motion.

Okay thank you, I guess if it hurts but I can still move fine I can take that as a good job then?

D

Deleted member 243

Okay thank you, I guess if it hurts but I can still move fine I can take that as a good job then?
Good on ya. I'm 6 months in without stretching. Still no injuries

The Gym Chad winked at me today. Big fucking guy, like nearly 7 feet tall, blonde hair with that Hitler Youth style and blue eyes.

vs. 5'9 budget slav

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yeah, pretty much. It's just your body reacting to the tears while in the process of healing and strengthening whatever you were working on.

I would unironically recommend a few Yoga exercises that help out with post-workout aching and pain so you don't get totally destroyed when waking up. Otherwise you can do a few of these stretches
Hofte,%20laar%20og%20knae,%20billede%205.jpg

Stretching for workouts involving running, squats, lunges etc. Try to force your knee as close to your chest as possible for 15 seconds on each leg. If not possible pulsate lightly.

Hofte,%20laar%20og%20knae,%20billede%204.jpg

Stretching for workouts involving running, squats, lunges. Same principle as the previous one

Ankel%20og%20fod,%20billede%202.jpg

This is mostly running imo or if you have been using an escalator machine/running uphill, haven't done it for other stuff. Same time limit as the above ones

Ryg,%20mave%20og%20bagdel,%20billede%202.jpg

Lower back/back/core stretch. Maintain it myself for 15 seconds 3 times.

Just a few very basic ones that can help out with leg pain/core once a workout has been finished. You need to do them while you are still warmed up though as you won't have the same range of motion if you've gone cold, and thus won't be able to stretch the muscles you have worked out optimally

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
Do as many push ups as you can like now. Tell us how many you've done. No shame in a small number. If you wanna learn about push up form, google it.

Baby steps, my friends
right so

did the basic toe-tip pushup, did around 4 and a half before my arms gave in

did that twice but now i feel an immense pain in my arms and my legs feel a little weak

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
right so

did the basic toe-tip pushup, did around 4 and a half before my arms gave in

did that twice but now i feel an immense pain in my arms and my legs feel a little weak
Pain is weakness leaving the body. If you can do 4 pushups 2 times in a row then 4 isn't your max.

Give it until tomorrow and see if you are sore, if you are that means it's working and you just need to keep doing 2 sets of 4 every second day-ish with maybe a few lunges/squats/jumping jacks and some long walks

My guess is that your body musculature is very weak from long periods of malnutrition and inactivity, so you need to make a slow but steady climb to rebuilding lost mass

D

Deleted member 243

@Ond what are your thoughts on zinc supps? I pop 2 of them post-workout and drink my protein/ eat my lean quark

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
@Ond what are your thoughts on zinc supps? I pop 2 of them post-workout and drink my protein/ eat my lean quark
I don't, and never have taken any supplements. You can do just fine without them and you should only be taking them if your diet means you don't get it naturally as supplements are just that.

supplements

I think it's a waste of money that could be better spent elsewhere. If you eat well and follow a schedule you don't need it to get big. It's just a way for fitness gurus and companies to squeeze money out of you.

D

Deleted member 243

I don't, and never have taken any supplements. You can do just fine without them and you should only be taking them if your diet means you don't get it naturally as supplements are just that.

supplements

I think it's a waste of money that could be better spent elsewhere. If you eat well and follow a schedule you don't need it to get big. It's just a way for fitness gurus and companies to squeeze money out of you.
I can't get enough zinc out of food without bankrupting myself. Microscopic amounts. Fish is extremely expensive and I only like tuna and salmon.

I spent like 3.50 euros for 60 tablets, so its cost efficient

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I can't get enough zinc out of food without bankrupting myself. Microscopic amounts. Fish is extremely expensive and I only like tuna and salmon.

I spent like 3.50 euros for 60 tablets, so its cost efficient
Foodstuff-containing-Zinc.jpg

straight from the wikipedia

all these foods/spices contain zinc my dude

D

Deleted member 243

Foodstuff-containing-Zinc.jpg

straight from the wikipedia

all these foods/spices contain zinc my dude
Is that fucking popcorn. Peanuts are fatty nuts. I'm gonna go for the cinnamon, but i already bought this supp so im finishing it first. I'll post in which extent it helps me. You should read into supplementing with zinc. Just don't OD on it (hurr durr no shit)

Thanks for the advice anyway, King