Atom
Nebulae
Post dem stats

Kw0dYRH.png
L1dThR4.png

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1381

does anyone have tips to prevent/deal with calluses?

they say no pain no gain but this is something else, almost taking off an inch of my skin every time i let go of the deadlifting bar

tried the gloves but they usually weaken my grip to where my max is put down a good 10kg

Reactions: List

vinny the rat

Proton
Nebulae

they say no pain no gain but this is something else, almost taking off an inch of my skin every time i let go of the deadlifting bar

tried the gloves but they usually weaken my grip to where my max is put down a good 10kg

chalk

edit: if you're new to deadlifting they suck but after a while your hands will adapt and they won't be as bad

D

Deleted member 1381

chalk

edit: if you're new to deadlifting they suck but after a while your hands will adapt and they won't be as bad
chalk's not doing the good stuff, still walking away for the paper towels with blood seeping through my fingers

been doing deadlifts for some time, normally the calluses aren't an issue but lately they've been doing my head in

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
how much are you deadlifting? I'd say you shouldn't bother with things like chalk/gloves if your deadlift is less than 110 KG.

But it also might be something more individual for you, i've never used gloves or chalk, and i never had a situation where it was so bad blood was coming out.

So i think you should try these
61ndJ9ngL7L._AC_SX355_.jpg
Weight-Lifting-Gym-Straps-heavy-deadlifts-Lifting-Straps-Wraps-Fitness-Wrist-Support-Crossfit-Wrist-Support-Wraps.jpg_q50.jpg

from what i heard and seen, they seem to really help, and they're not that expensive.

chalk's not doing the good stuff, still walking away for the paper towels with blood seeping through my fingers

been doing deadlifts for some time, normally the calluses aren't an issue but lately they've been doing my head in

:heyzeus:

Atom
Nebulae
how much are you deadlifting? I'd say you shouldn't bother with things like chalk/gloves if your deadlift is less than 110 KG.

But it also might be something more individual for you, i've never used gloves or chalk, and i never had a situation where it was so bad blood was coming out.

Weight-Lifting-Gym-Straps-heavy-deadlifts-Lifting-Straps-Wraps-Fitness-Wrist-Support-Crossfit-Wrist-Support-Wraps.jpg_q50.jpg

from what i heard and seen, they seem to really help, and they're not that expensive.
If I would be lifting like 160kg or up I would use those. Otherwise I would just destroy my grip

vinny the rat

Proton
Nebulae

Have you tried using a different bar? There's a bar in my gym with really fresh knurling on it which also destroys my hands.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

file down all hardened skin/calluses after giving your hands a waterbath for a little while and make sure to moisturize your hands at least 1 hour before you start lifting

same applies for running long-distance/marches

recommend wearing gloves too, nobody will think worse of you for wanting to take care of yourself

D

Deleted member 1381

wrist straps? i've seen the likes of eddie hall and hafthor bjornson use them before but only for insanely heavy(400+) weights, so I figured the phrase no pain no gain was intended for these situations

im deadlifting 150kg for 3 reps(1RM is 155), by the end of the second rep the pads of my fingers are obliterated and it makes the last rep next to impossible

Have you tried using a different bar? There's a bar in my gym with really fresh knurling on it which also destroys my hands.
most of the bars have pretty fresh knurling, our gym got refurbished a short while ago

file down all hardened skin/calluses after giving your hands a waterbath for a little while and make sure to moisturize your hands at least 1 hour before you start lifting
typically that's what I would do however the calluses have been grinded down to the point where my underlying layer of skin is exposed and it wrecks

recommend wearing gloves too, nobody will think worse of you for wanting to take care of yourself
there's a pair of gloves I've got that are specifically tailored to stop the pads of your hands getting damaged but they do a number on your grip and set you back a fair bit of weight

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
only downside to liquid chalk is its slightly cum-like appearance

img_1008small.jpg