Serious Fitness General

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I want to start going gym again I'm starting to feel fat again I don't like i

D

Deleted member 1381

wish i had a fitness lexicon in English to understand these words, but have a neb anyway
1rm - one rep max

doms - delayed onset muscle soreness, the muscle pain 1-3 days after workout

quads and hamstrings are obliterated and tomorrow i will likely be confined to a chair

Reactions: List

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
1rm - one rep max

doms - delayed onset muscle soreness, the muscle pain 1-3 days after workout

quads and hamstrings are obliterated and tomorrow i will likely be confined to a chair
TOO relatable, i say

good luck sir. make sure to massage

D

Deleted member 1381

rice and egg bowl is one of my favourite post workout meals at the moment, thought I'd share

good amount of rice, don't usually measure it out I just stick in however much seems enough but it's usually 100+g of carb macros
3-4 eggs scrambled
black pepper/other rice seasoning
optional meat

cook the rice, few minutes before its done stick 3-4 eggs in a frying pan and scramble them. add rice to eggs, stir, optionally add meat/seasonings, put in bowl, eat

quick, cheap, easy and tastes great. 3 eggs will give you 20g protein, rice will take care of the carbs and if you're like me you'll probably stick some meat in and get another 10-20g protein

:heyzeus:

Atom
Nebulae
rice and egg bowl is one of my favourite post workout meals at the moment, thought I'd share

good amount of rice, don't usually measure it out I just stick in however much seems enough but it's usually 100+g of carb macros
3-4 eggs scrambled
black pepper/other rice seasoning
optional meat

cook the rice, few minutes before its done stick 3-4 eggs in a frying pan and scramble them. add rice to eggs, stir, optionally add meat/seasonings, put in bowl, eat

quick, cheap, easy and tastes great. 3 eggs will give you 20g protein, rice will take care of the carbs and if you're like me you'll probably stick some meat in and get another 10-20g protein
Good meal but would be better with Some chicken or Ground beef

D

Deleted member 243

I knew this small clip would come in handy!

Embrace the calouses. Let that pain fuel you. Wear wrist wraps when you are about to leave humanity behind with a +300lb deadlift.

D

Deleted member 1381

Thought I'd get it off my chest here: carbs aren't bad

carbs are just your body's fuel/energy

your body needs energy for day to day life, whatever that may entail

if you're going to work out you need a lot of carbs beforehand to have enough energy for the workout. after your workout your body needs even more carbs to regain that lost energy and to help the muscle repair process

you have good carbs and bad carbs, i.e a banana or a sugary drink respectively. they're both carb sources, but one is substantially less fattening and healthier and the other is loaded with more calories and artificial sugar, hencewhy it's preferable you eat - for example - oats and bananas before working out rather than a chocolate energy bar and lucozade

you don't need to cut out carbs to lose fat or be healthy, you just need to eat the right ones, if you look on the back of food packaging(at least in the UK) you'll see a label along the lines of: carbohydrates(of which sugars). carbs from doughnuts and full fat coke are still carbs just the shit ones you need to avoid, pasta bread potatoes and all that shit is a ok

on a side note how are all you fellas doing with your gains or cuts so far, much progress?

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
Thought I'd get it off my chest here: carbs aren't bad

carbs are just your body's fuel/energy

your body needs energy for day to day life, whatever that may entail

if you're going to work out you need a lot of carbs beforehand to have enough energy for the workout. after your workout your body needs even more carbs to regain that lost energy and to help the muscle repair process

you have good carbs and bad carbs, i.e a banana or a sugary drink respectively. they're both carb sources, but one is substantially less fattening and healthier and the other is loaded with more calories and artificial sugar, hencewhy it's preferable you eat - for example - oats and bananas before working out rather than a chocolate energy bar and lucozade

you don't need to cut out carbs to lose fat or be healthy, you just need to eat the right ones, if you look on the back of food packaging(at least in the UK) you'll see a label along the lines of: carbohydrates(of which sugars). carbs from doughnuts and full fat coke are still carbs just the shit ones you need to avoid, pasta bread potatoes and all that shit is a ok

on a side note how are all you fellas doing with your gains or cuts so far, much progress?
Tried pushing my squat 1RM the other day, genuinely saw stars and felt my vision blackening at the sides after reaching the top, felt like i was about to die
DbqDt8sVQAAv8Ii

D

Deleted member 243

Tried pushing my squat 1RM the other day, genuinely saw stars and felt my vision blackening at the sides after reaching the top, felt like i was about to die
DbqDt8sVQAAv8Ii
At least your form was good. I remember running at 25km/h for two minutes during a caffeine high. It felt like I was floating

Also update: after years of fitness, I finally got creatine. I've sure as shit been missing out. I'm killing these work outs now

D

Deleted member 1381

I knew this small clip would come in handy!

Embrace the calouses. Let that pain fuel you. Wear wrist wraps when you are about to leave humanity behind with a +300lb deadlift.

>check this thread before back/biceps day
>see this post
>feel motivated, lets tear some fucking skin
>get to last rep last set of 80% 1RM deadlift
>tear a callus almost half a cm deep on both hands
>blood everywhere
>cannot wash hands or fully extend fingers for a week without agony

on the plus side this callus is underneath my middle finger on both hands which never got affected before and the calluses underneath my middle and ring finger still get scraped but never tear now. two more fingers to go before callus immunity arrives