D

Deleted member 1381

after having 2 weeks off over christmas I have missed the gym

getting back to the grind next week pumped and ready

Reactions: List

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
I'll just stick to a caloric deficit diet. I don't buy into keto if that's what you're saying
That’s what I’m on, as well as gym. Important thing is to make sure you do plenty of cardio as well as upper strength exercises. The more lean protein the better. Already lost 10 lbs these last 3 weeks.

D

Deleted member 1381

Is your gym closed during holidays??

I use the gym located at my place of study. The field I am studying to work in gives us a discounted membership while also offering us fitness instructors free of charge at essentially any time. So yes, it was closed over the holidays.

I have done maintenance workouts at home, simple push/pull exercises such as pressups and pullups to keep my muscles primed for when I return along with some isolation exercises using dumbbells

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
That’s what I’m on, as well as gym. Important thing is to make sure you do plenty of cardio as well as upper strength exercises. The more lean protein the better. Already lost 10 lbs these last 3 weeks.
This.

Carbs are important because they provide you with good slow burning energy that is incredibly useful when working out. Obviously too many isn’t good for you, especially if they are refined carbs. Simple shit like brown rice and oats can keep you powering through your routine for ages. My breakfast literally consists of protein powder w/ oats and a banana as well as a glass of water. This gives me the energy to get through my workout. Currently on a 5x5 so it incorporates heavy lifts. Energy is essential.

If you’re thinking this is boring, don’t worry. I do have a second breakfast after which contains more protein for repair and more variety. Turkey bacon, eggs, beans. Stuff like that to switch it up every once in a while

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Right bjöggas what’s your goals this year?

Mine are pretty simple, and that’s bumping up the numbers on my big 3. Just about to go and find out my 1RMs before I properly do my routine so I can suss out where I should be in 3, 6, 9 months time. Basically the framework looks like this:

Bench 1.5x Bodyweight
Squat 2x Bodyweight
Deadlift 2.5x Bodyweight

My deadlifts are already pretty strong so I’m not stressing about those. Same with my squats, I’m already dummy thicc so squatting is in my nature. It’s just my bench is absolute ass, I know for a fact my 1RM is gonna be shit.

How about yourselves?

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
Right bjöggas what’s your goals this year?

Mine are pretty simple, and that’s bumping up the numbers on my big 3. Just about to go and find out my 1RMs before I properly do my routine so I can suss out where I should be in 3, 6, 9 months time. Basically the framework looks like this:

Bench 1.5x Bodyweight
Squat 2x Bodyweight
Deadlift 2.5x Bodyweight

My deadlifts are already pretty strong so I’m not stressing about those. Same with my squats, I’m already dummy thicc so squatting is in my nature. It’s just my bench is absolute ass, I know for a fact my 1RM is gonna be shit.

How about yourselves?
Toning and weight loss, target is to reach 9 to 8 stone again.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
That’s good, remember my friend diet is more than half the battle
For sure, got about 70 minutes worth of cardio every Monday to Saturday. Started at the end of December, been working out so far with the loss of 10 lbs these last three weeks.

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
For sure, got about 70 minutes worth of cardio every Monday to Saturday. Started at the end of December, been working out so far with the loss of 10 lbs these last three weeks.
Nice one, same deal with me really. Took a while out from the gym but started properly again in November. Didn’t want to look like a resolutioner at the gym, even though I know a few people down there.

Problem for me is when the gyms at the hotels are ass and have like ZERO equipment. Milan is a culprit for this and literally only has those crappy yoga style dumbbells and one bench. Compare this to Budapest which has two squat racks, 4 benches, and a load of other stuff, despite it being the world’s smallest gym

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
Nice one, same deal with me really. Took a while out from the gym but started properly again in November. Didn’t want to look like a resolutioner at the gym, even though I know a few people down there.

Problem for me is when the gyms at the hotels are ass and have like ZERO equipment. Milan is a culprit for this and literally only has those crappy yoga style dumbbells and one bench. Compare this to Budapest which has two squat racks, 4 benches, and a load of other stuff, despite it being the world’s smallest gym
Been going to gym for a decent amount of time, but it was mostly lifting which was my downfall. Ate mostly protein based foods whilst still having to lose some weight, put on muscle but I also got heavier. Now I’m in America I decided to sign up towards December, which I did. Already noticed the increase of people at the gym compared to December, and a lot of them didn’t show up the week after.

D

Deleted member 1381

It’s just my bench is absolute ass, I know for a fact my 1RM is gonna be shit.
lots of people if not the majority of them have trouble with their bench, although it's always going to be your lowest. benching only works your chest and triceps as opposed to the plethora of other muscles used in squats and deadlifts so naturally it's going to be lower

I wouldn't sweat it, the only way to improve your bench is to do bench. try doing some negative reps just above your 1RM range