Serious Fitness General

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
About to start working out again, lost almost 10kg (or 22 pounds for all you filthy americans) of muscle since june, that will make it over 8 months without any exercise, hopefully i'll be able to gain at least 10 pounds in the next month :steve:

D

Deleted member 1381

What foods should I seriously avoid? I know breads, pastas, junk food and such.
man the whole fuck bread/pasta gestalt is rubbish, carbs are just your body's energy, like petrol in a car

assuming you want to look ripped all you need to do is eat lean protein(low in fat) and healthy carbs, like rice or pasta, just make sure you're eating the good stuff and not a bar of chocolate to get your calories up. you definitely need to be eating in a calorie surplus, but get that surplus by eating the healthy stuff rather than doughnuts or chocolate

calculate your TDEE, eat around 300 calories above that daily. it'll be a pain at first tracking how many calories you're eating, but it becomes second nature after a while.

tldr: lean protein, healthy carbs, natural fats, 300 calorie surplus, bodyweight exercises

D

Deleted member 1381

as I came to the end of my barbell lunges and reracked the bar my inner thighs gave in and cramped on a level that is, very likely, not terrestrial

good god i was sat on the squat rack for a good 10 minutes almost screaming, but we got leg day done boys

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 3818

I’m no expert bro but I say just try and avoid anything that humans weren’t naturally designed to consume. So pretty much just meat, fish, fruit and veg.

D

Deleted member 1381

Chest and biceps
Triceps and shoulders
Back, abdominal and forearms

and yes, i skip leg day
if you avoid machines and focus on compound movements you can write abs and forearms out of your workouts completely and free up room for more stuff

you lost a neb for skipping leg day :mad:

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
if you avoid machines and focus on compound movements you can write abs and forearms out of your workouts completely and free up room for more stuff

you lost a neb for skipping leg day :mad:
Not a big fan of training legs, my max on leg press is 115kg, but i can barely do 5 squats with a loaded 30kg bar

D

Deleted member 1381

Not a big fan of training legs, my max on leg press is 115kg, but i can barely do 5 squats with a loaded 30kg bar
Take the weights off the bar and aim for that 1-5 rep range to increase strength, for ex I do 80% of my 1RM for 3 sets of 3 to increase strength

I've put a self imposed ban in place on using machines, I use solely freeweights and focus on compound movements and the progress you make it enormous. Give it a go mayne

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
I just do full body everytime, compounds only

Recovery is minimal tho, been getting hard to mix with my main sports

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1381

just take a moment to look at my man eddie's calves

maxresdefault.jpg

i too am blessed with good calves but this guy's got all out diamond cutters

D

Deleted member 3818

That just looks fucked up lol how can anyone want that

D

Deleted member 243

A healthy mix of 25% fat (or lower), 25% protein and 50% carbs. Don't buy into the more protein than carbs meme unless you wanna end up noodle armed and noodle dicked my man

Wheymen
[doublepost=1583224361][/doublepost]
I just do full body everytime, compounds only

Recovery is minimal tho, been getting hard to mix with my main sports
Have you tried doing push/pull instead? Push day, pull day, rest/cardio, push day, pull day

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
[doublepost=1583224361][/doublepost]
Have you tried doing push/pull instead? Push day, pull day, rest/cardio, push day, pull day
I can't split everything up bc I only have access to weights at very specific times of the week, often late at night.

And vary the exercises up dependent on how I'm feeling, especially the last 2

I rest a lot between exercises and for running I usually keep a specific pace except for long runs. Base building period fml

Last edited: