Serious Fitness General

:heyzeus:

Atom
Nebulae
Hi, I need some help with am exercise I'm doing. Following the guidelines of the book "You are your own gym" (I think that's the English name) and it goes well so far. But there's one exercise called the "reversed bench press" (literal translation out of German) which I just can't manage to get done.

Is there any bodyweight exercise out there which is a good alternative? Or are there any relatively cheap tools to get it done better? Thanks :grinning:
If you could get your hands on something like a pair of dumbells maybe it would help you a lot. Also if you do pushups with proper form you also train your chest muscles.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Status update;

Still going strong, hiked 20km with a friend yesterday and have been keeping up the regiment

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 243

Status update;

Still going strong, hiked 20km with a friend yesterday and have been keeping up the regiment
ran another 4k yesterday (my ankles fucking hurt), planning on including a 20k hike every morning at around 5.30

tried it today and fell asleep, missed class

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
ran another 4k yesterday (my ankles fucking hurt), planning on including a 20k hike every morning at around 5.30

tried it today and fell asleep, missed class
What

You won't and shouldn't hike 20km a day hahahaha

It took me 4 hours to hike

D

Deleted member 1381

Is there any bodyweight exercise out there which is a good alternative? Or are there any relatively cheap tools to get it done better? Thanks :grinning:
not much benefit in reversed grip bench so if you've got a regular kit just go for that

if you don't then pressups work your whole chest provided your form is right

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i like hiking tho
ya but if you can't even manage 4k without being in physical agony then hiking 20km probably isn't a good idea especially considering you have no experience at all

want to lose weight quickly?

get a rucksack and fill it with sand/water jugs/bottles (you'll need drinking water anyways) and do that instead

you can walk 5km with a 10kg to start off with and see how you do
i suggest getting a good pair of shoes/boots to do it in, and to bring extra socks to change though

D

Deleted member 243

ngl if you take up running and some form of periodization with that morning attitude you'll be able to base build from nothing really well with more benefits and less time
ya but if you can't even manage 4k without being in physical agony then hiking 20km probably isn't a good idea especially considering you have no experience at all

get a rucksack and fill it with sand/water jugs/bottles (you'll need drinking water anyways) and do that instead

i suggest getting a good pair of shoes/boots to do it in, and to bring extra socks to change though
thanks kings. i'll gradually increase the mileage according to my physical fitness

Guffly

Quark
Nebulae
Can't afford to go to the gym, but at my school I do have a gym there I work out at so :P

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Can't afford to go to the gym, but at my school I do have a gym there I work out at so :stuck_out_tongue:

Aren't sport halls locked down now too, or is that different in the States? We won't have any P.E until probably September which really sucks.

Guffly

Quark
Nebulae
Aren't sport halls locked down now too, or is that different in the States? We won't have any P.E until probably September which really sucks.
Yeah, we can't go anymore, I was just speaking generally about when God isn't playing ring around the rose with the Earth in his arms

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

i need to do this again

couple of years ago i spent 2 weeks doing some hiking thing abroad
literally within about a week i'd lost more weight than i ever have before (paired with relatively small portions)
long distance hikes + weight (i had camping equipment + food w me) honestly worked fucking great

and yes make sure you bring extra socks, and dont wear shitty thin ones you'll hate yourself for it