Serious Fitness General

D

Deleted member 243

Finally hit the gym after six months. Asked if they still did reservations and she said no. Hated that shit

Had a killer back workout, added forearm extensions to it because big forearms are nice to have

I can't fucking get my arms straight. Pain won't let me go below 45 degrees. It hurts I am walking around like this
large.jpg

Reactions: List

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
tfw i bought my oly lifting shoes a month ago
tfw nike just brings out these bad boys in celebration of the olympics
they can't keep doing this to me bros
romaleos-4-se-weightlifting-shoe-FKRkkx.png

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
membrane soles

They’re not a good looking pair
Oh they're not membrane the whole outer sole and heel construction is TPU plastic, so it is quite literally inflexible. If they were soft you wouldn't be able to throw weight overhead with them because they'd warp and throw your balance off

even the insoles on the romaleos are notoriously uncushioned

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Oh they're not membrane the whole outer sole and heel construction is TPU plastic, so it is quite literally inflexible. If they were soft you wouldn't be able to throw weight overhead with them because they'd warp and throw your balance off

even the insoles on the romaleos are notoriously uncushioned

Ah, fuck me then

they still do look a little garish but shit I’ve never figured about needing ‘weight lifting’ shoes

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Ah, fuck me then

they still do look a little garish but shit I’ve never figured about needing ‘weight lifting’ shoes
for oly lifting they're completely necessary because they give you an incredibly stable base considering you are/are close to jumping to shift the weight upwards, and when you land you don't want your shoe to squish down and throw off your balance, especially when you've got your own bodyweight if not double or even triple that above your head

he wouldn't be able to do this in your typical gym trainers or barefoot

for your standard lifting though you really don't need them, they're costly when you can just lift in an old pair of trainers and still do well
maxresdefault.jpg

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
So, you ripped yet? How you doing 3 years down the line?
absolutely not, because i can't be arsed to diet properly, i'm by no means fat but i could probably be a little more cut if i actually tracked what i ate

i'm just focused on strength more than aesthetics! i wanna easily carry my 宝贝 down the wedding aisle without looking like i'm gonna burst a blood vessel

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Then here you go fren. Don't depleet your willpower ^_^

thanks friend, i've not given up on dieting! it's just the way i'm training at the moment doesn't require me to eat super careful like a bodybuilder would to get chiseled looks, i just gotta make sure i eat enough and don't only eat bad stuff that's empty calories

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
thanks friend, i've not given up on dieting! it's just the way i'm training at the moment doesn't require me to eat super careful like a bodybuilder would to get chiseled looks, i just gotta make sure i eat enough and don't only eat bad stuff that's empty calories

It's the worst when you go to the shop and it's like

"Do you want these Maryland cookies for a £1?"

OR...

"Do you want these healthy foods for £5.50? but you only get 2 per box! HEHE"

Fuck consumer capitalism.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's the worst when you go to the shop and it's like

"Do you want these Maryland cookies for a £1?"

OR...

"Do you want these healthy foods for £5.50? but you only get 2 per box! HEHE"

Fuck consumer capitalism.
This has nothing to do with capitalism and everything to do with expenses. Making “healthy”snacks almost always involves natural products, bolstered with vitamins and minerals, and flavourings that come from nature, not science. This is always more expensive than just making cookies.

This being said I genuinely believe that anyone that insists it’s expensive to eat healthily is dumb as hell, or lazy as fuck. Cook your own food, do meal prep, and learn to actually look after yourself. Of course the cheap, easy pack of cookies is bad for you. That doesn’t mean you couldn’t have ricecakes instead if you wanted a snack, which you can either make yourself or buy in bulk for cheap.

People who insist that eating well is prohibitively expensive, don’t really want to eat well enough, and are looking for an excuse not to. Sorry, not sorry.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This has nothing to do with capitalism and everything to do with expenses. Making “healthy”snacks almost always involves natural products, bolstered with vitamins and minerals, and flavourings that come from nature, not science. This is always more expensive than just making cookies.

This being said I genuinely believe that anyone that insists it’s expensive to eat healthily is dumb as hell, or lazy as fuck. Cook your own food, do meal prep, and learn to actually look after yourself. Of course the cheap, easy pack of cookies is bad for you. That doesn’t mean you couldn’t have ricecakes instead if you wanted a snack, which you can either make yourself or buy in bulk for cheap.

People who insist that eating well is prohibitively expensive, don’t really want to eat well enough, and are looking for an excuse not to. Sorry, not sorry.

I never looked at it this way, doesn't mean I'm dumb, i've just not explored alternative ways of healthy eating.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
absolutely not, because i can't be arsed to diet properly, i'm by no means fat but i could probably be a little more cut if i actually tracked what i ate
in the wise words of jocko willink

you dont need an ultra-specific diet, just beware of the calorie intake and eat plenty of protein. anything more specific than that isn't necessary for 98% of people.

meat-heavy diets are godsends

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
in the wise words of jocko willink

you dont need an ultra-specific diet, just beware of the calorie intake and eat plenty of protein. anything more specific than that isn't necessary for 98% of people.
yeah i do subeh dw my protein is the only macro i really care about

multivitamin and fish oil supplement in the morning, at least 3 litres of water per day and hitting around 150+ grams of protein

oh and 2000+ calories, as long as i'm above that daily amount i'm happy