Nebulae
2-A80-C939-8329-4-E8-B-AD93-4552-A554300-C.jpg

Reactions: List

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The memes coming out of this season have been top tier ngl

i want to cry not for the deaths but because this is the direction they took the show in

i am so fucking infuriated with all of the actual mess they've created, fuck season 8

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
technically when the NK did that whole resurrect thing Ned Stark came back to life for like 30 minutes.... along with Lyanna.... hmmm

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
A good way things could've been done differently, maybe:
> Danaerys doesn't go to Dragonstone, she just takes a different land route than Jon.

> Greyworm is sent to Dragonstone, to scout the territory out before setting up shop for Yara's fleet to sail in. Missandei asks to be by his side after the harrowing experience of the Long Night, and Dany agrees in one of her finals acts of compassion.

> They can't see Euron's ships, they get ambushed. No aimbot needed now.

> Danaerys learns through Varys/Tyrion intel that Missandei was captured after she escaped onto Dragonstone itself, not while at sea. Grey Worm managed to fight his way out, and doesn't learn that Missandei was captured until regrouping with Dany.

> Battle at King's Landing is stalled for negotiations/meeting, like it already was in the show. Missandei's head rolls. It affects Dany (because it was her naive compassion that allowed Missandei to be at Dragonstone in the first place), but gets Grey Worm worse. Some good dialogue between them based around Grey Worm's pre-Long Night promise to protect her/bring back up the time he called her his 'weakness'?

> Battle of King's Landing. It all goes down like before, with Jon on the ground because Dany won't let him ride the dragon anymore, because it'll give further public credence to his Targaryen lineage.

> Bells ring, everyone stands down, But Grey Worm has been broken from Unsullied training after witnessing Missandei's death, disobeys orders, and starts killing those who surrendered. His earlier mentioned 'weakness' undoes his composure at the critical moment. The other Unsullied join him, because he's in charge. The fight picks back up, even though the bells ring.

> Dany has already landed at this point, because she thought the fight is over. She and Rhaegal are stationary, and while she's trying to get Grey Worm to stop, someone gets a shot in at Rhaegal from a scorpion.

> In the immediate rage following the death of one of her 'children,' she goes buck wild because she's lost Rhaegal, Jorah, and Missandei, feels betrayed by Jon, and has witnessed the corruption of Grey Worm because of her mistake.

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
> Danaerys doesn't go to Dragonstone, she just takes a different land route than Jon.

> Greyworm is sent to Dragonstone, to scout the territory out before setting up shop for Yara's fleet to sail in. Missandei asks to be by his side after the harrowing experience of the Long Night, and Dany agrees in one of her finals acts of compassion.

> Danaerys learns through Varys/Tyrion intel that Missandei was captured after she escaped onto Dragonstone itself, not while at sea. Grey Worm managed to fight his way out, and doesn't learn that Missandei was captured until regrouping with Dany.

> Battle at King's Landing is stalled for negotiations/meeting, like it already was in the show. Missandei's head rolls. It affects Dany (because it was her naive compassion that allowed Missandei to be at Dragonstone in the first place), but gets Grey Worm worse. Some good dialogue between them based around Grey Worm's pre-Long Night promise to protect her/bring back up the time he called her his 'weakness'?

> Battle of King's Landing. It all goes down like before, with Jon on the ground because Dany won't let him ride the dragon anymore, because it'll give further public credence to his Targaryen lineage.

> Bells ring, everyone stands down, But Grey Worm has been broken from Unsullied training after witnessing Missandei's death, disobeys orders, and starts killing those who surrendered. His earlier mentioned 'weakness' undoes his composure at the critical moment. The other Unsullied join him, because he's in charge. The fight picks back up, even though the bells ring.

> Dany has already landed at this point, because she thought the fight is over. She and Rhaegal are stationary, and while she's trying to get Grey Worm to stop, someone gets a shot in at Rhaegal from a scorpion.

> In the immediate rage following the death of one of her 'children,' she goes buck wild because she's lost Rhaegal, Jorah, and Missandei, feels betrayed by Jon, and has witnessed the corruption of Grey Worm because of her mistake.
she destroyed the scorpions beforehand though
In any case it would lead back to the whole fucked up shiz

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I was hoping for something a hundred times more impressive than this in 8x03.

Instead I got some fantastic moments mired by pretty poor lighting and no real risk to the main cast. I'm still so mad.

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae

in approximately 3 days you managed to come up with better and clearer writing than two people who did it for 1.5 years

sums up this season

D

Deleted member 118

I was hoping for something a hundred times more impressive than this in 8x03.

Instead I got some fantastic moments mired by pretty poor lighting and no real risk to the main cast. I'm so mad.
Cover Jaime and/or Brienne in wights making me believe they will die shame on me

Cover Jaime and/or Brienne in wights for the fifth time, shame on you

in approximately 3 days you managed to come up with better and clearer writing than two people who did it for 1.5 years

sums up this season
They're rushing it because they get to direct a star wars movie now. If they get to direct the entire new trilogy, then we all know the first two movies will be awesome and the third will have us dragging them into the sea

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Cover Jaime and/or Brienne in wights making me believe they will die shame on me

Cover Jaime and/or Brienne in wights for the fifth time, shame on you
The scale of the Wights? Cool, but barely used.
The World War Z climbing? Yeah, loved that.
Zombie Dragon? Ditto, it was cool as fuck.
Was there any real threat for 90% of the battle? Honestly, no.

D

Deleted member 118

When you resurrect all of the Dohtraki and Unsullied you've killed but you've accidentally made them loyal to Daenerys again

big sad ;(

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae

it sucks because we know what they CAN do, and the moments they've created in the past have been truly extroadinary

why couldnt this season have been like that WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY it really hurts to see by far my favourite show of all time being torn to shreds by its own creators

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
it sucks because we know what they CAN do, and the moments they've created in the past have been truly extroadinary

why couldnt this season have been like that WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY it really hurts to see by far my favourite show of all time being torn to shreds by its own creators
What makes it worse is HBO were 100% willing to give them two more seasons or even ten episodes if they needed it AND the money to do it - it could have fixed so many issues.

Instead we got this mess of a rushed finale.

Oh and apparently despite him petting a fully CGI Ghost in Season 3 it was "too difficult" to get Jon to do it again in Season 8 when we'd never see them interact again LOL

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
What makes it worse is HBO were 100% willing to give them two more seasons or even ten episodes if they needed it AND the money to do it - it could have fixed so many issues.

Instead we got this mess of a rushed finale.

Oh and apparently despite him petting a fully CGI Ghost in Season 3 it was "too difficult" to get Jon to do it again in Season 8 when we'd never see them interact again LOL

FUCK MAN
it frustrates me so much
WHY did they have to take the easy route

D

Deleted member 118

(I did love most bits of the season and I'm very hyped for EP 6 regardless, but these facial expressions are epic)