Game of Thrones Season 8

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm even more infuriated now that I've found out HBO were going to give them all the money they wanted to do a further two more seasons (up to ten) which they declined in favour of what we got.

Two more seasons would have set everything up perfectly and let the final battles really shine in the style of the earlier seasons as well as given plenty of time for the big shifts in characters to happen comfortably.

Reactions: List

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Two more seasons would have set everything up perfectly and let the final battles really shine in the style of the earlier seasons as well as given plenty of time for the big shifts in characters to happen comfortably.

this is far from true if the same fat retard writers stayed

it would've gone absolutely fucking balls up

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

You'd think so but some of the best loved moments in the earlier seasons were done by them - hell, they did most of them.

The difference is they got drafted to do three Star Wars movies and I'm fairly sure they just wanted to dump GoT as quick as possible so it didn't fuck their schedules.

D

Deleted member 332

Agreed- I swear I noticed the dialogue quality drop off after around season 4 but I was willing to put up with it. Wish I hadn't now, it's gone to shit

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Agreed- I swear I noticed the dialogue quality drop off after around season 4 but I was willing to put up with it. Wish I hadn't now, it's gone to shit
I'd be surprised if you didn't because unless I'm wrong that was when they ran out of book material.

Beyond a few good moments, 5&6 were their attempts to follow in GRRM's footsteps. They got backlash (and failed at it) so shifted to the idea of just wrapping it up the best they could.

In fact Jaime's actor recently said when he came back after Season 4 and realised one of the kids had died he figured his own character would have acted - so he went to D&D and tried to talk it out and they basically placated him and told him Jaime would do nothing. No compromise or anything. The frustrating thing is they produced some fantastic stuff in Seasons 1/2/3 that wasn't neccesarily in the books and came from them but the more the show dragged the more they felt they had to spice it up.

Instead of, y'know, staying true to the characters and going for the slow burn. They wanted to change the material for TV but end it like the novels and we got the worst of both because they crammed everything into six episodes.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I honest think if we had 4 more episodes for this season it would've been better because we could use episodes on character's reflecting on their actions to make them more believable instead of just jumping from one exciting set piece/plot point to another

also would give them time to give Euron an actual character lol

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
reading all this, I figure I would join the GoT pfp gang if I made my pfp a dumpster on fire
It isn't that the plot points aint there, thats the most frustrating thing for me.

Nobody is saying "the characters would never do this" unlike some shows, the issue is "you've skipped the bulk of the buildup to it for shock value".

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It isn't that the plot points aint there, thats the most frustrating thing for me.

Nobody is saying "the characters would never do this" unlike some shows, the issue is "you've skipped the bulk of the buildup to it for shock value".

guess what rabid, your expectations got subverted

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
c6d675daefc7807cf0bea72df26a86f9.png

55731238_1188287894665192_8556492097526693585_n.jpg

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae

i cant not laugh at it its too funny

fUck
atleast he died quickly like damn
i was actually hyped for him to do smth with goddamn walkers but no
we get dany throwing a fuzz ruining her gained victory
A free fucking. Kingdom.

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae

The only hope I have left for this series lies in this statement

It's also extremely depressing realizing that he being a fan of the books was also disappointed with his character in the show. Seems like a recurring trend

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
im not dissappointed about how Jaime and Cersei died (although I am pretty disappointed that Jaime looked like he was having a huge moment to top off his redemption but instead threw it away and loved Cersei again), but damn.. they could have had something actually happen to trigger dany’s madness rather than some bells ????? she literally threw away a huge victory

i am very easily entertained and so am not too bothered, but even that dips below my standards

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i am the fattest fucking retard for going on here and just clicking spoilers like 'hmm i'll take a sneak peak' ruining the show and then blaming it on the person

fucking kill me now i know who dies FOR FUCK SAKES

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
i am the fattest fucking retard for going on here and just clicking spoilers like 'hmm i'll take a sneak peak' ruining the show and then blaming it on the person

fucking kill me now i know who dies FOR FUCK SAKES
nooooooo!!!!
you could have pieced it together yourself anyway, i hope not too much got spoiled

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
After watching just 20 minutes of S8:E5 I hereby say that I no longer state season 8 to be canon, I want it to just be left at S7

I don’t care if that’s a unpopular opinion but it’s a fucking terrible season

Orcus

Proton
Nebulae
Zombie Polar Bear, Adolf Targarian, I half expect Joffrey to come back to life and Floss at this rate.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Zombie Polar Bear, Adolf Targarian, I half expect Joffrey to come back to life and Floss at this rate.
To be fair the Zombie Bears were a thing in the book too.