Game of Thrones Season 8

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
it felt like they were using the same production value as season 1 rather than the most popular tv show ever

like christ

this is what happens when Dumb & Dumber go for 13 episodes in the last two seasons instead of the two full seasons HBO offered them

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
it felt like they were using the same production value as season 1 rather than the most popular tv show ever

like christ
Visually? Gorgeous.

Storytelling wise? Handled piss-poorly, ruined fantastic plotpoints (except that one fight you know the one....) and handicapped by their cocky decision to not accept extra episodes to flesh it out.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
please lock these two men up and don't let them near anything else related to GOT
it is actually weird because some of the good shit the show had was their own stuff. all the tywin/arya scenes where original and they were good
where did they go wrong

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Visually? Gorgeous.

Storytelling wise? Handled piss-poorly, ruined fantastic plotpoints (except that one fight you know the one....) and handicapped by their cocky decision to not accept extra episodes to flesh it out.
it wasnt visually gorgeous though

it was ill-inspired michael bay explosions

transformers 1 2 and 3 were better than all of season 8

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
please lock these two men up and don't let them near anything else related to GOT
it is actually weird because some of the good shit the show had was their own stuff. all the tywin/arya scenes where original and they were good
where did they go wrong

when they decided they wanted to rush GoT's ending to get that Star Wars Disney $$$

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I guess they couldn't keep the show on hold until George finished the books, huh?

they didn't even adapt all of the books

they stopped adapting around the end of s4~ but they willfully disregarded the last two books that would've easily given them at least 3 seasons of material

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It makes me sad because I can guarantee the last two books will follow the same story beats as the show but do it a thousand times better.

they didn't even adapt all of the books

they stopped adapting around the end of s4~ but they willfully disregarded the last two books that would've easily given them at least 3 seasons of material
They also disregarded some big side plots (which I get) in Season 4, too.

tera

Atom
Nebulae
episode 3 wasnt even visually appealing
there was no visual at all imo
i think visually its generally ok, not something of top wow stuff in season 8

but other technicalities such as acting was good
tho by this time a number of cast has shitted on game of thrones season 8 finale

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
ive spitballed with rabid in steam and i think we managed to talk up a better season in like 5 minutes its hard coming up with a good excuse for why this season is the way it is

I think its the same as the star-wars prequels were because of previous success everyone was being a yes-man to george lucas and agreeing with things instead of questioning them in good faith, he even admitted it himself further on. probably the same gist of things were there's no one to interject in D&D's ideas.

D

Deleted member 332

I push mY FINGERS INTO MY-

3j2fOHw.jpg

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Guess it'll be bittersweet when the show's finally over and done with

Unless they do a spin-off or some shit

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It makes me sad because I can guarantee the last two books will follow the same story beats as the show but do it a thousand times better.
[doublepost=1557766726][/doublepost]
They also disregarded some big side plots (which I get) in Season 4, too.

dorne in the books: political intrique more intense than ever seen, multiple characters moving around the world with dubious alleigance

show: DORAN FUCKING DIES

Guess it'll be bittersweet when the show's finally over and done with

Unless they do a spin-off or some shit

prequel spin-off confirmed but it's not made by D&D I think

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I feel bad for Euron's actor tbh

he thought he'd be book Euron but instead we got a worse jack sparrow

like why did he even fight jaime

i'd complain it's out of character but i'm not sure he even has one to begin with