Game of Thrones Season 8

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
At this point I would genuinely say it's bad TV tbh, not just worse than the earlier seasons.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
haven't watched this show in years

tell me, on a scale from 1 to 10, how bad is it rn

tera

Atom
Nebulae
also i dont know about you guys but im absolutely fucking mad that jaime's 8 seasons of character development is shitted on in just one damn episode.

Reactions: List

Saint

Electron
Nebulae
IMG_20190512_230704_077.jpg

IMG_20190512_233824_473.jpg

IMG_20190512_231903_059.jpg

IMG_20190512_231900_807.jpg

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Say what you will about writing. Everything else is on point. Production, casting, acting. It’s all great
That's why I'm so heartbroken honestly.

All this season needed was the offered four extra episodes and one or two more last season for some more setup and we'd have been 100% golden. Instead I've been left with a visually stunning epic with an absolutely rushed final chapter.

friendly

god, syria and bashar
B A N N E D
Nebulae
also i dont know about you guys but im absolutely fucking mad that jaime's 8 seasons of character development is shitted on in just one damn episode.

I think it makes perfect sense, honestly. G.R.R said something about how Jaime's character was an interesting look at redemption - How far can you go for it, is it even possible with what he has done?

He's loved Cersei his whole life, and I think that it's a change from the usual 'Bad guy gone good' routine. Jaime knows he's a monster, but there's nothing he can do about it in his eyes, that's just the way it is.

As he says in the first episode, 'The things we do for love.'

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
I think it makes perfect sense, honestly. G.R.R said something about how Jaime's character was an interesting look at redemption - How far can you go for it, is it even possible with what he has done?

He's loved Cersei his whole life, and I think that it's a change from the usual 'Bad guy gone good' routine. Jaime knows he's a monster, but there's nothing he can do about it in his eyes, that's just the way it is.

As he says in the first episode, 'The things we do for love.'
Yeah but in the ending of season 7 he left her. He saw what wrong she was doing and for once he couldn't be by her and couldn't love her just for him to go north, nearly die, tap some ass and then leave back to her and die

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae

friendly

god, syria and bashar
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Yeah but in the ending of season 7 he left her. He saw what wrong she was doing and for once he couldn't be by her and couldn't love her just for him to go north, nearly die, tap some ass and then leave back to her and die
Yeah but I don't think it was really that though. I think it was more a compulsion of honour rather than anything else - He's already broke one oath, and he has no intention to break another. Again, something to do with his redemption arc. You have to remember though, what happened the last time he opposed a tyrant and broke his oath? He was mocked and known as one of the least honourable men in the Kingdoms. He wants to redeem himself from breaking his oath and staining his honour, but he still values his role as a Kingsguard in protecting Cersei as well as his love for Cersei.

I do agree though, they probably should have rounded up this arc in a better way than just 'He walks back to King's Landing'

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
me:
jaime's redemption arc was about the best single thing in this whole season, absolutely fantastic writing

writers:
LMAO YEETING IT OUT THE WINDOW SEE YA FUCKERS

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
also those scorpions are pissing me off. they got 3 hits on a dragon last episode but can't get 1 this time. i honestly thought she would have some big plan like dragon armor or some shit but nope lol i guess not

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
SO MUCH OF THIS COULD HAVE BEEN FIXED IF THEY'D HAVE TAKEN THE 10 EPISODES HBO WANTED I'M SO MAD.

The plot points weren't bad they were just so horribly rushed.

Like bruh as @cns said (sorta) why not have Rhaegal survive to this episode, the bell tolls and one of the surviving scorpion's shoots it through the neck? Dany snaps, we have the big burn WITH CONTEXT.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
it felt like they were using the same production value as season 1 rather than the most popular tv show ever

like christ

tera

Atom
Nebulae
after episode 4
i came to the point where i would just read the recap of the next episode if i get busy on that day
after episode 5
i dont even really want to read the recap of finale